So where are you going to be on tuesday?

My carrier is parked less than 15 LY away from HIP 22460.

Not sure where I'll be yet...

But I did take the day off from work...

I assume at this point that the firing will not take place on Tuesday.

Wish I had thought of that prior to taking the day off, but we'll see. But the update will drop early enough here that I could still go to work for a full day if it fizzles...

Frontiers latest video on Twitter has about a dozen Cmdr's all dressed in dominator suits practising saluting and pointing. It makes me wonder if its going to be on foot stuff. It might even go as well as the initial drop on Klendathu.(y)

Frontiers latest video on Twitter has about a dozen Cmdr's all dressed in dominator suits practising saluting and pointing. It makes me wonder if its going to be on foot stuff. It might even go as well as the initial drop on Klendathu.(y)

That sequence had me wondering as well. Then again, the Dominator suit is the closest we have to a military style "combat pilot loadout" for space battles (keep in mind, all those CMDRs launched with Chieftains/Challengers/Crusaders). I don't expect any Thargoid ground combat on Tuesday (November at the earliest, probably much later).
---

I'll stick around HIP 22460 and have a look on Tuesday. No idea what to expect, really. It could be some amazing milestone in Elite history (like the Proteus Wave awakens the Thargiod motherships in system and we can see/witness them in space) or it could be just another overhyped "meh"-event that's a huge disappointment.

To be fair, FDev's communication strategy does point at something awesome or exciting to happen. We'll see.

Well there's a tweet from Frontier on friday that says "Update 13 and the conclusion of the Azimuth Saga land on Tuesday" that could be interpreted as "something happens tuesday". Then again their twitter weapon countdown thingie seems to align with a weapon launch on thursday
Something WILL happen on Tuesday. Galnet posted something just recently (based on the "are you ready" twitter) that suggested we all show up in our dominator suits and make sure we've all got plenty of ammo. That hints to me that the charging-up will be taking longer than expected but now there are things on the ground that we have to fend off to ensure the Salvation thing makes it to Thargsday. I suspect that's when the device will actually blow-up, er, uh, discharge and (1) all hell will break loose or (2) everything will be just fine and we can all go on with our drab, wretched lives.

Yeah, better remember which key you have to point at that thing in front of you going "OMG, SOMEONE SHOOT THAT THING. NO, THAT, THE THING I'M POINTING AT!!! NO, DAMN IT, DON'T WAVE AT ME. Oh, cra..." CHOMP, CHOMP, CHOMP.......URP!

BTW, just made it out to the Witchhead Sector. Those NHSS are all over the place, threat 4-7 (I think there was a threat 8 in there but not sure). Checked one out, hull went down to 38% before I was able to turn and warp out of there. Hyperdicked on that jump out to the next star. Currently at Lattu Bay outpost, dozens of NHSS's all over this system as well. Found a star system just 5 jumps away from where I am now - next system is COL 70 Sector territory.

You guys in HIP 22460 have fun. Sure wish could be there with you but I feel a tummy ache coming on.

Last edited:
That sequence had me wondering as well. Then again, the Dominator suit is the closest we have to a military style "combat pilot loadout" for space battles (keep in mind, all those CMDRs launched with Chieftains/Challengers/Crusaders). I don't expect any Thargoid ground combat on Tuesday (November at the earliest, probably much later).
---

I'll stick around HIP 22460 and have a look on Tuesday. No idea what to expect, really. It could be some amazing milestone in Elite history (like the Proteus Wave awakens the Thargiod motherships in system and we can see/witness them in space) or it could be just another overhyped "meh"-event that's a huge disappointment.

To be fair, FDev's communication strategy does point at something awesome or exciting to happen. We'll see.
Given the Dominator suits and the, arguably AX, Alliance ships, it will probably be BOTH space and ground...if they go that way that is...

They (Fdev) are certainly being good at generating speculation at this point...it better not DISappoint...Grrrr...

Well there's a tweet from Frontier on friday that says "Update 13 and the conclusion of the Azimuth Saga land on Tuesday" that could be interpreted as "something happens tuesday". Then again their twitter weapon countdown thingie seems to align with a weapon launch on thursday, so maybe the tweet only refers to the ending being available in the game files. But then again again who says the weapon makes it to the end of the countdown :D? It might as well blow up in the charging stage...

Anyway, if it makes people sleep better we could extend the questions to "where are you going to be next week. Better?
I'm only asking cause FOMO :alien: Tuesday and/or Thursday I'll be right above the superweapon if I can find it.

I need to make a decision on this later today and I've not yet decided...
On one hand my Thargoid friends are under enough stress with all of the unnecessary violence aimed at them by the evil human menace, so I don't want to add to the confusion while they're vulnerable and scared fighting for their lives.
On the other hand watching savlon completely mess up waving his weapon about would be hilarious.
🤔

I need to make a decision on this later today and I've not yet decided...
On one hand my Thargoid friends are under enough stress with all of the unnecessary violence aimed at them by the evil human menace, so I don't want to add to the confusion while they're vulnerable and scared fighting for their lives.
On the other hand watching savlon completely mess up waving his weapon about would be hilarious.
🤔
Im having a BarBQ later Char Grilled Thargoid Heart is on the Menu, your welcome to join us :)

I shall be standing well back, because my theory it that the device will open up wormholes to other galaxies. One is full of dinosaurs, one has zoological exhibits and another has formula one racing. Though we may have to pay to get access.

Oh, nice. Will there be signs pointing out which one's which? :alien: 🦖 🏎️ 🐼
If I choose to stay put, I'll probably find myself in a great void of infinite emptiness since the black hole will have pulled everything out of existence. Just give me a little nudge and I'll coast forever...

Holy which one's it going to be, Batman?

Doesn't matter where you leave your old CMDR on Monday. On Tuesday your new CMDR wakes up somewhere in the starter area. Groundhog day style.

Oh, in a NEW starter ship, I'll bet! \o/
We're always ready for new ships!

Gosh! I can hardly wait!

Seeing as the ‘big reveal’ is very likely, due to various leaks, to be about Thargoids on legs, the weapon is probably going to be unsuccessful, resulting in some form of reprisal and the advent of Thargoids on legs within Odyssey.

Anyone without Odyssey is possibly going to miss out, on the Starship Troopers element, there may be for Horizons some increased ship to ship encounters, some rescue of some sort and maybe a video but generally I suspect if you aren’t involved it will pass you by. Business as normal.

Expect delays, patches and bugs.

Last edited:
My carrier is parked less than 15 LY away from HIP 22460.

Not sure where I'll be yet...

But I did take the day off from work...

I assume at this point that the firing will not take place on Tuesday.

Wish I had thought of that prior to taking the day off, but we'll see. But the update will drop early enough here that I could still go to work for a full day if it fizzles...
You've taken the day off to experience The Patch Day? 😲
That's... interesting idea.
From my experience there are always delays, bugs and other problems. You actually should've taken additional hours at work to avoid being home that day.

And I seriously doubt there will be anything unique that you wouldn't be able to experience on demand later.

You've taken the day off to experience The Patch Day? 😲
That's... interesting idea.
From my experience there are always delays, bugs and other problems. You actually should've taken additional hours at work to avoid being home that day.

And I seriously doubt there will be anything unique that you wouldn't be able to experience on demand later.
Sure, but it may be grand too...Schrodinger's update...

Top Bottom