So you want to know about the Formidine Rift? (Part 3)

Sorry for the re-post but I want to make sure I get this right before putting work into it. Are we absolutely sure that we want 7 points between degrees of longitude?

i.e. -180.0000, -179.875, -179.7500, -179.6250, -179.5000, etc...

Could we get away with 4?

i.e. -180.0000, -179.8000, -179.6000, -179.4000, -179.2000, -179.0000

Honestly, I don't think that anyone would feel realistically comfortable doing even every half a degree search. That would still be like 720 columns/passes of 3 hours each (i.e. 0 to -45 on each half a degree of longitude). But I'm trying to have a way to record my progress and anyone's else willing to join in.

Allowing 7 points between degrees of longitude means we are talking about 2520 columns (180x2x7)??

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I just created the few first columns as an example...

Edit: this is for GL-Y E2 6

I covered this in an earlier post.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ift-(Part-3)?p=5058025&viewfull=1#post5058025

hihihihi...oh yeah, I definitely agree with that (DSS). Just trying to make the best out of the situation at hand...

Yeah sorry, i know what you mean. We have no clue how many people are actually searching either, it would be good to get the word out there to a good number of people to help in the search. Considering the planet is MAHOOSIVE then we would need quite a lot of explorer's. That being said i'm on my own little search, Npc's, bases, settlements are mostly near a crevice/canyon/mountain or in one. With the Alpha, Beta and Gamma being in minus latitude and longitude consistently, i'm sticking to that side of the planet, and searching every canyon and crevice i come across. Good job it's daylight on this side of the planet at the minute.

Curious though, how long has the search on EAFOTS GL-Y E2 6 been going on for now?

That's a Canonn Trello site. I will give them a prod on discord to update. They have been a bit distracted lately with the alien hyperdictions and the ancient ruins puzzle.

I'm taking care of the survey of the rift zone for the canonn trello. Cmdr Hamalot was doing the hawkins gap, but I think he was distracted with real life stuff. if anyone has video recording of the sites and data log of the of the hawkins and Conflux.

Last edited:
!!! ATTENTION ALL PILOTS !!!

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

I have just detected a 10+ second loading time at the following coordinates. All pilots converge on my location and begin a 8.0000 degree radius search!

20.2897, 12.0063

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

I have just detected a 10+ second loading time at the following coordinates. All pilots converge on my location and begin a 8.0000 degree radius search!

20.2897, 12.0063

rift ? or what ?

heading there.

Last edited:
Yes, it's for the formidine delta settlement on GLY E2 6

There is a large crater 90 degrees from the previously stated coordinates. I'm checking there first. More news as it develops

Last edited:
Yeah sorry, i know what you mean. We have no clue how many people are actually searching either, it would be good to get the word out there to a good number of people to help in the search. Considering the planet is MAHOOSIVE then we would need quite a lot of explorer's. That being said i'm on my own little search, Npc's, bases, settlements are mostly near a crevice/canyon/mountain or in one. With the Alpha, Beta and Gamma being in minus latitude and longitude consistently, i'm sticking to that side of the planet, and searching every canyon and crevice i come across. Good job it's daylight on this side of the planet at the minute.

Curious though, how long has the search on EAFOTS GL-Y E2 6 been going on for now?

I've been searching EAFOTS GL-Y E2 6 for the past 10 days, 2-3 hours a day, checking out random places (mostly, distinguishing features). But don't let that discourage you. You only have to be right once.
I switched to a systematic search the last two days or so because I got to a point where doing it randomly I could not keep a record that made sense anymore.

Last edited:

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

20.2897, 12.0063

I'll head to the coords within the next hour. Fingers crossed
I couldn't wait :) I had the same delay over the coords as well

Last edited:

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

20.2897, 12.0063

I dropped out with no delay with the OC. you brought me on the dark side.

The search continues - anyone that can help is very welcome (so far Cmdr CrunchyBaton955 is helping - Twix Team by the look of it ;) )
Ideally search in straight vertical lines going north (0 on compass) or south (180 on compass), then it is easier to mark on the spreadsheet and not overlap with each other. If we fail to find it then we will switch to horizontal and do another pass :)

Will do.

Oh , I found two more geyser fields, I'll upload pics later for those who want to collect easy mats while they search.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

20.2897, 12.0063

I'm at the cords.
cKm3x5e.png

it's dark as it can get..

Last edited:

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

20.2897, 12.0063

I'm there, all i can see is the darkness

Top Bottom