General / Off-Topic Some numbers and a shortage

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Perhaps it's my fault for using sloppy construction. I don't want him sick, I want him replaced because he is a threat.

The karma though, is remarkable. It won't cure the authoritarian need to lie, but if it sickens the lying authoritarians, the utility is satisfied. It may not kill the man.

But it totally crucifies the lies that it's all "under control". That is burned to the ground.

I look forward to much more replacements of this type. Nothing like a sudden collision with sharp reality.
Yes, I understood correctly, and I confirmed by my previous post.

:)

I noticed that one as well. However, it could be that the negative test was a false negative. Those happen. It also seems to me that in rare cases the virus can stay below the radar for some time. We know that the incubation time can be more than 5 days, in some very rare cases up to 21 or 27 days. I think this is one of those cases that has been misdiagnosed as "recovered", because the test wasn't sensitive enough.

The long potential incubation time also raises concerns about the 14 day isolation period, but we can't stop this thing completely, and in the articles I've read it seems that the large majority develops symptoms in less than a week. Also note, that the virus is more likely to be contagious if the patient has developed much of it inside their body, which would cause symptoms to arise. Patients can be contagious in the asymptomatic stage, but they become more contagious when they start coughing etc.

The WHO said the epidemic was "at a turning point." "If you act aggressively now, you can stem this coronavirus. My advice is to act quickly, "said WHO boss Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, calling the virus" very dangerous ".

😒

Dow plunges by nearly 1,200 points
Newsflash: the Dow has posted its biggest points drop ever, shedding another 1,200 points in a late burst of selling before the closing bell.
More than 4% has been lost today, following big losses earlier this week.
This puts the US stock market firmly into a correction (down over 10% from last week’s record high).
It also means this is the worst week for the US market since the 2008 financial crisis.

Just drop the D already, and call it the Ow.
Worst day Ever. Well, since Monday.

We could have easily predicted this, after Larry the Genius Kudlow went on TV on Tuesday and told investors that they should "buy the dip".

Any takers amongst us? The usual suspects?

Just go to Google etc, and type in "Larry Kudlow is always" and let Google finish it for you.

Indeed, I always take MY financial advice from coke-addicted failures during crashes and pandemics, as it never fails to amaze. Let's all hope Larry led the way!

Oh, by the way, Larry the Genius also said that Coronavirus has been buttonned up almost airtight. Awesome!

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

I really do hope they all don't catch it like the Iranian trio of politicians, because Mnuchin will last 5 minutes, and Kudlow will probably expire in 30 srconds.

I've never thought much of you, Robin, but I'll be perfectly honest: you're reaching new lows at this point. You can jack that tiny mouth of yours off and act like these guys aren't "good enough" to be in leadership positions on this crucial issue, but you know what I see? All of you so called experts convinced of your own intelligence running around like monkey's trying to hump footballs when it comes to coronavirus as it begins it's spread throughout the globe. Maybe you should just focus on trying to be competent yourself and quit "hoping" people catch this just because they're world view is different from yours.

I've never thought much of you, Robin, but I'll be perfectly honest: you're reaching new lows at this point. You can jack that tiny mouth of yours off and act like these guys aren't "good enough" to be in leadership positions on this crucial issue, but you know what I see? All of you so called experts convinced of your own intelligence running around like monkey's trying to hump footballs when it comes to coronavirus as it begins it's spread throughout the globe. Maybe you should just focus on trying to be competent yourself and quit "hoping" people catch this just because they're world view is different from yours.
I'm not as negative about your contributions Robin, but there does seem to be an inconsistency in your concern for the well being of others if it ends about the midpoint of the political spectrum. Trump pushed for very aggressive travel restrictions and that bought us time. The left in our country roundly criticized it as "racist". It was the medical professionals in my city that sent home an infected and symptomatic person that was released due to their error.

I suppose the free travel in the EU is much more humane than our ignorant political machinery. I'm sure it will pay off with protecting your populace from Covid 19.

Believe it or not, having financial experts in mobilizing resources and projecting commerce impacts is a good thing. Dedicating our VP, accountable to the public as the chief executive officer overseeing the response is a smart move by Trump. Trump knows he's not a disciplined communicator, and Pence is a measured if not boring administrator. Pence will follow the advice given to him, and ask for appropriate resources without overreacting. Trump would likely leverage this situation to bolster immigration policies which is not what is needed right now.

I looked at this thread as sort of a lifeline on European data from a UK Dr. Now I see the underlying agenda of the OP so I will move along.

Jason, I recommend you do the same. This place stinks like a spokesperson from a Chinese hospital ward.

We could have easily predicted this, after Larry the Genius Kudlow went on TV on Tuesday and told investors that they should "buy the dip".

Just go to Google etc, and type in "Larry Kudlow is always" and let Google finish it for you.

Indeed, I always take MY financial advice from coke-addicted failures during crashes and pandemics, as it never fails to amaze. Let's all hope Larry led the way!

Oh, by the way, Larry the Genius also said that Coronavirus has been buttonned up almost airtight. Awesome!
This coronavirus is really redoubtable and destructive.

Not only does it attack the living organisms but it also attacks the material things.

Should we put a mask on the doors of all the financial centers of the world ?

:)

Best opportunity ever, buy low sell high, it’s going up again later, I’m already eyeballing some fat nice stocks. 🧐🤤

"We have now increased our assessment of the spread and impact risk of Covid-19 to a very high level globally (its highest level, he added.)", said the general manager. WHO's Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, at a press conference,

"The continuing increase in the number of cases, and the number of countries affected in recent days are clearly of concern.".

😒

"We have now increased our assessment of the spread and impact risk of Covid-19 to a very high level globally (its highest level, he added.)", said the general manager. WHO's Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, at a press conference,

"The continuing increase in the number of cases, and the number of countries affected in recent days are clearly of concern.".

😒
WHO is a joke.
They avoid the word "pandemic" like a plague...
Fortunately most Western goverments are actually taking is seriously. Or at least SAY they are taking it seriously.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom