Soontill Relics, the Regor Permit Sector and DB's cryptic hints....

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
You can supercruise to the location of another system, but the star-system (suns, planets, etc) don't show up there, because the destination-system instance gets assembled during hyperspace, so if you haven't hyperspaced, you haven't given the game a chance to put the destination system together. :(

Well, my little experiment can neither confirm nor deny that hypothesis. Got home from work just in time to hear the words "main fuel tank empty", just over 1Ly from Polaris and four hours of supercruise to go. Luckily had enough in the reserve to jump to an adjacent system and scoop or it all would have been very embarrassing. Should have kept my Asp instead of getting the discounted Clipper, this never would have happened.

Well, my little experiment can neither confirm nor deny that hypothesis. Got home from work just in time to hear the words "main fuel tank empty", just over 1Ly from Polaris and four hours of supercruise to go. Luckily had enough in the reserve to jump to an adjacent system and scoop or it all would have been very embarrassing. Should have kept my Asp instead of getting the discounted Clipper, this never would have happened.
cmdr's have been trying this since beta new systems only load once you jump to them. There's even a few systems that are really close to each other, the closest is 7 Cameleopardalis C only 3169Ls from 7 Cameleopardalis B!
It's actually closer then the furthest body in that system, won't run out of fuel there ;)
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=50952&p=1731885&highlight=#post1731885

cmdr's have been trying this since beta new systems only load once you jump to them.

Yes I know (as mentioned earlier on several occasions in the thread), plus I was also in Beta. I was trying it because I was bored and it was risky letting it go all day and night without me there, and added an edge to my game to actually make it a bit exciting when I came home from work today. Plus, how do you know nothing has changed in this regard since 1.1, 1.2, etc.? Or that some permit or Thargoid systems or systems bordering permit systems or Thargoid systems might not be setup differently? Do you believe everything you hear on the forums without trying it yourself? ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

There's even a few systems that are really close to each other, the closest is 7 Cameleopardalis C only 3169Ls from 7 Cameleopardalis B!
It's actually closer then the furthest body in that system, won't run out of fuel there ;)
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=50952&p=1731885&highlight=#post1731885

Plus are there Thargoids there? That was the whole point of the Polaris exercise...

Last edited:
Mr Clavain... Or may I call you Nevil?

I was wondering if you have named your ship "Zodiacal Light"?

I may be barking up the wrong tree but I thought I'd ask.

Would you tell us that you have preferred to not know to having to listen to canisters in order to unveil the mistery? You have preferred to search for something you didn't know what?

It's the same trick that Valve used for Portal 2. It's brilliant, and a perfect example of how to do it. It's even better as it emulates a golden disc that the Thargoids have issued. And it's clearly not too difficult, as people have got it.

im also trying to get into peregrina back after along trip about 10 missions in - thanks for info Tono Kopec

i got the permit very quickly by only doing assassination missions - the rank up after each one is a much bigger boost than the trading missions.

i even took the permit and purposefully failed a mission i had queued up for the peregrina aristocrats. dropped back down to friendly status but didn't lose the permit...

My contribution to signal capture: http://t.co/RMZvMYD3u7

Is this from an unknown artefact?

I would say probably not :D

VlT2a5l.jpg

Haven't been able to log in once since this started. What a bummer. Too bad FD hasn't had the time to tie this sort of things to missions and the like. Yet, that we know of anyway. That'd be awesome.

I've spent about 6+ hours in LHS 412, no conclusive results. I'm off to peregrina to grind rep in my python.

Same here.. spent hours in LHS and haven't really seen anything that you don't find in other signal sources elsewhere. I'm not bothering with the Peregrina grind as it specifically states that system may have alien artifacts in deep space, whereas what we're looking for is unknown artifacts.. possibly two completely different items ?

After a 12 hour grind in Peregrina yesterday - no results :( will try again today. One nice consolation was that every 3rd SSS I was finding a convoy of T9s where 1 was wanted (easy kill and 100-150k bounty). I'm going into every signal source and like I said so far nada.

Same here.. spent hours in LHS and haven't really seen anything that you don't find in other signal sources elsewhere. I'm not bothering with the Peregrina grind as it specifically states that system may have alien artifacts in deep space, whereas what we're looking for is unknown artifacts.. possibly two completely different items ?

I have to agree with you, I think peregrina's alien artifacts are different than the UA we are searching for. It is, however, my only lead. I made contact with some one who claims to have a UA they've agreed to meet up in a few hours and I'll be acting as a witness in order to keep the hoaxing to a minimum. I will post my results, if any, to this thread as well as this reddit thread : http://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/34bhmd/help_solve_unknown_artefact_mystery/

I have to agree with you, I think peregrina's alien artifacts are different than the UA we are searching for. It is, however, my only lead. I made contact with some one who claims to have a UA they've agreed to meet up in a few hours and I'll be acting as a witness in order to keep the hoaxing to a minimum. I will post my results, if any, to this thread as well as this reddit thread : http://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/34bhmd/help_solve_unknown_artefact_mystery/

Excellent news, lets hope this leads to something positive :)

Excelent CMDR Dread Naught, please give this Thread a short update when something significant is on reddit.

I'm also spreading the word about unknown artifacts ... maybe someone finds it accidently and is willing to give it to us.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom