Space Engineers - "Open" Changes Everything

I can make no promises on any kind of timeline, but I think I'd like to give it a try. Once I've established a good location for my orbital station, I'll let you know where it is.
No problem at all. I'm basically thinking about assets that we can share "down the line" to free up PCU for both of us. I already have a refuel station, so I'm good right now, but I'm also down to my last 5000 PCU. I have been redesigning my warship to use less PCU, so that should help.

My other line of thinking is that you don't want help because you like "hard mode", so I figured if instead I asked you to help me, that would actually make the game harder for you rather than easier, and it would give you some other objectives once you're established and have nothing else to do. For example, you may not be interested in PvP, but perhaps you would find enjoyment in providing support for my PvP efforts. If nothing else, I could use a hand repairing my battered ship after an intense battle. Again, this is after you're well established and thinking to yourself, "Now what?"

The biggest obstacle I see to this collaboration is your distance - the alien world is multiple jumps away from the core worlds where I'm operating from. You know, if you are looking for a real challenge, you should build a base on the moon, LOL - it's no-man's (or woman's) land down there ;)

Today I'll be spending time in creative mode, working on my new design for the HMS Valkyrie. I've got the exterior and core components to where I want them, but the interior is not exactly what I want. Then I'll begin construction on CA2. This time I won't be using a fancy automated printer, rather just a simple "drag and pull" system like I used to build HMS Pearl on Casey's server (but with a single welder). On a server where PCU and welders are limited, KISS wins.

I think we've got ourselves a plan, then. One orbital R&R Station has been added to the end of my building queue. I'll probably build it over Titan, rather than the Alien world, to save on launch loss. That'll give me an opportunity to play around with the jump drive.

Currently, I'm working on making my base power secure. The alien desert on Casey's server provided abundant power, thanks to frequent sandstorms. My location on the plains, on the other hand, suffers from infrequent power failures, thanks to how foggy this location is... just enough to kill me in my cryo-chamber on occasion. Naturally, I'm almost out of nickel, and I haven't yet dug my way over to the nearby nickel deposit. It's "only" 45 meters, but it's through the iron deposit, and I don't want to waste any of it by clearing it out, rather than mining it.

Regarding the distance from my world to Earth... it may be worthwhile once I get that station up and running, for me to build a relay of jump drives to speed up travel. I'm not sure how many you'd need, but I could probably spare the PCU for four of them... assuming that Space Engineers wiki is accurate. They'd probably take 12 hours to charge fully, but it's not like they'd be used too frequently.

Something to think about, at any rate. :)

Of the many differences between the Keen server and Casey's server, there are two things I'll really miss on Keen, both related to mining. First is the ability to mine with warheads, and second is Keen's crazy respawn rate for ore. I guess one kinda offsets the other, but combined it puts a big dent in my mining immersion.

If money were no object, I'd be very tempted to rent my own server, then I could set it up exactly how I want it. Oh well, I'll focus on what I can control (designing and building a cool new starship) for now.

Last edited:
"Why does this always happen to me?" Commander Inga Stevenson wondered aloud as she ejected from the doomed Krait Phantom. "Everything was going well, and then 'bam,' some weird time-space phenomenon ruins your life... again."

The good news was that this system was inhabited. The bad news was that the planet she was dropping towards wasn't. The best news that was Commander @Old Duck, a friend of hers, was in the system. The badder news was that his signal was from a completely different planet than the one she was on. The worst news that there were apparently quite a few pirates, thieves, and cuthroats living in the system, based on the warning messages she'd gotten, as well as potentially friendly faces.

The better news? Well... two out of three is pretty good in her book.

At any rate, the escape had survived entry into the atmosphere, and was descending towards a verdant, though thoroughly alien, plain below:

The temperature of this ammonia world was quite frigid, which was sure to stress Remlock's enviromental capacity to its limit. The atmosphere was think, almost soupy at times, but with trace amounts of oxygen... assuming that one had the equipment to extract it. At least the gravity was a comfortable 1.1 gravities: not nearly as high as her home world Emerald, but still familiar enough not to drive her batty.

Still, time was of the essence, so it was best to get her starting base up and running as soon as possible. She quickly cannibalized parts of the escape pod to rig up an oxygen extractor, so she wouldn't waste the survival pod's limited supplies on oxygen production. She then started setting up her base. Between salvaging some parts from the survival pod, and using its limited fabrication capabilities for others, along with a couple of "emergency pods" that landed nearby, she soon had a primitive assembler up and running, along with a windmill to supply it power.

She was using her jet pack's limited supply of fuel to return from another salvage trip when the Phenomenon struck for the first time. Her world went, for want of a better term, wonky. She lost fine motor control, and the world seemed somehow stuttery, as if she was seeing it through a fast slide show.

She also ran into a tree about 500 meters from her new home. Somehow, despite the pain and the bizarreness of the Phenomenon, she staggered back to camp. And that was when she realized that the Phenomenon wasn't just affecting her, but her survival pod as well. In particular, the pod's power system.

"Fusion cells damaged... two hours to containment failure." The pod helpfully informed her.

It wasn't as bad as it sounded... a containment failure could easily be avoided by simply discharging the cells into the ground. But that would mean she would lose all their stored power, and it was a lot. Power she wanted to use to get her base up and running, and ideally transfer into a more secure storage.

On the other hand, a containment failure would completely destroy what was left of the pod. And she wasn't sure that the Phenomenon wouldn't do more damage to her, or the pod's fusion cells.

It was time for plan "B": try to salvage what she could. First, she removed the survival kit from the pod, and attached it to her new base. No matter what else happened, that piece of kit was the most important. It would take some of her precious metal grids, but she added some cargo capacity to her base. She ripped out the gas generator next, and used the parts to create an oxygen extractor instead, and put what was left into storage.

As she was tearing out more parts of the survival pod, the Phenomenon passed.

"Fusion cells damaged... forty minutes to containment failure."

Unfortunately, the effects still lingered. Despite only fifteen minutes passing, her survival pod wasn't long for this world. Still, there were problems to solve, so she'd better start solving them. Starting with installing a primitive refinery, which would then feed her assembler the material she needed to construct the last key component of her starting base: a battery for energy storage. It was a long cycle of mining, refining, and assembling, but eventually both vital pieces of equipment had been installed.

"Fusion cells damaged... 20 minutes to containment failure."

Okay... she might not be able to salvage every kilo-watt-hour of energy remaining in the battery, she should be able to salvage most. She hurriedly attached a connecter and sledge to the battery, and added another to the base.

She stepped behind the sledge, and with her Remlock's artificial muscles assisting her own Heavyworlder physique, she starting shoving it closer to the base.

"Fusion cells damaged... 10 minutes to containment failure"

It didn't budge at all. The effects of the Phenomenon still lingered. She reluctantly discharged the cells, and salvaged what was left for parts.

Completely exhausted, as well as battered and bruised, she attached her Remlock to the survival kit, and allowed sleep to claim her.

She had survived the crash.

Tomorrow, she vowed to thrive.

Thanks to work, even on my days off I'm up well before the sun. So I planned on getting as much of my starting base up and running as possible before it got busy on the server. I'd rehearsed my opening gambit a couple of times this after work, in anticipation of this morning.

The one thing I didn't anticipate was the massive lag spike that struck about 7am. As I told Old Duck when it happened, it was Star Citizen levels of jankiness, which lasted around fifteen minutes. I would've logged out, I would've lost all the progress I'd made to that point. While I'm sure Comcast's "wonderful" broadband was probably a contributor to the problem, 40 minutes later Keen restarted the server.

I have Comcast as well maybe I'm just lucky but there's usually a five minute period everyday where everything "updates" tvs will go to a updating screen and net will drop or crawl. I usually miss it when I do game so like I said maybe luck, I wonder If that's what it was for you for you.

By the way glad to see your back and writing, I really enjoyed your SE - EGS series you were writing. I fell off my routine for awhile (Was trying to conquer insomnia by not using my phone and reading all night. Instead just ended up trying to sleep and not sleeping and losing out on all the things I would have read).

Seeing you team up with old Duck (Who's SE I really enjoy) is fantastic. I know I'm late to the party but I hope this continues.

Last edited:
Good news is that I start my new position at work today, so I start at 7am rather than 5. Bad news is that I'm swapping two hours of customer-free time, for two hours of pre-rush hour customer service. :( Good news is that my health club has once again resumed opening at 5am on weekdays, so I can exercise before work. Bad news is that I can't get home at a reasonable time by cutting short my workout like I have been doing lately. Mixed news is that they still open at 8am on weekends, so I can't do that on the weekend days I work. Good news means that I can log in to get some stuff done. Bad news is that the simulation speed on the server was 0.03 -> 0.2 this morning. Good news is that the issue was quickly resolved by KEEN.

What are the bandwidth requirements?
I don't expect bandwidth requirements are excessive as long as player cap is within reason (Keen caps at 16 at one time), however my current bandwidth situation is far from reasonable. Someday I hope to change this, but not anytime too soon. And then there are the electrical costs of running a server, and the cost of the hardware / software. Now if SE Server ran on Linux, I'd be much more open to the idea of building my own server, but SE is heavily dependent on Windows, so much so that they have zero plans to release the game for PS4. I might be able to get SE to run on Mono... I'll have to check that and Wine to see if anyone has gotten the game itself to run on Linux. If the game can work, then the server should be able to work (though it's still a lot of futzing).

Most people just rent a virtual server from one of the big companies for $20 something a month. Obviously this isn't a huge cost, but I'm not necessarily THAT much of a fan of the game.. The other problem would be getting people to play on my server. The internet is full of SE servers that hardly anyone uses. Meanwhile everyone continues to flock to Keen's servers, despite them being pretty rubbish in comparison to the private servers.

Saturday Morning

I got up early yesterday morning, and I used the time before the server was crowded, the neighborhood wakes up, and my household as well, to implement my new plan to build some space infrastructure... after putting in some power redundancies at my base. (see above) While I already had the Starbird Mk I built and prepped for launch, what I really needed was a proper launch platform, one would let me move large amounts of hydrogen into space. The nearby ice lake would be ideal. If I put a minimal hole in the ice, it (hopefully) wouldn't be (too) noticeable from space. Construct a mining rig under the surface, and I'll have H2 for days!

Naturally, I was greeted by the Alien world's frequently foggy climate :

I chose a spot by totally on purpose putting a small dent into the ice with my Dragonfly miner, and not because I couldn't see how close to the ground I was. :whistle:

Now that I had a location chosen, jet packed over to my Silver Mine, where I last had my Ant ground vehicle. I drove the Ant over to my main base, removed the cargo container, and replaced it with a survival kit. I then loaded a ton of refined silicon, nickel, plus 50kg of silver and 200kg of cobalt, and as much iron as it could carry, and drove it over to my main base.

It was time to make a test run of my new base/station construction strategy:
  • Start with a Vehicle with a Survival Kit and a fully charged battery
  • Load it with refined resources
  • Use the Survival Kit and the vehicle battery power to construct a power generator, connector, and Basic Assembler
  • Use the Basic Assembler and vehicle battery power to produce the regular assembler and base batteries
  • Deconstruct the Survival Kit, and attach it to the new base
  • Build a Cryo-chamber
  • ???
  • Profit!
It turned out to have one flaw: the survival kit can't build the 12 small tubes necessary for the connector. Thankfully, small tubes are small, so they won't take up too much volume.

But before I actually started building the base, I wanted the sun to come up, in order to align the base with it. So I made sure I had a full hydrogen bottle, and jetted up into the sky. It was time to add a new "orbital insertion point," a spot directly above my launch pad that would make round trips easier for me to do. I made it up there with no issues.

During the return trip, I spotted a huge issue right away.

Unlike my other bases, it was very obvious that someone had been mining down there. The little bit of ice I'd collected at the edge of the ice lake could also be seen, but it was miniscule compared to that very visible eye sore. Curse you Keen! You need better LOD scaling for your game!!!

This is what it looked like on the ground:

The sun soon came up, so I quickly erected the "core" of my future launch pad, so that if I ever decided to add solar panels, I could attach them to rotors for maximum effect.

I then built just enough infrastructure to get my vehicles docked, my new base powered, a cryo-chamber for me to rest in, an O2 tank to collect oxygen while I'm offline, and logged out for the morning to attend to the needs of real life.

Mental note, move the ramp to point away from my base, not towards it. No sense making it obvious to any potentially hostile player.

Saturday Afternoon

When next I got a chance to log in, I quickly constructed a proper assembler, added power and speed modules to it, and finished fleshing out the base. That included adding a small hydrogen tank to the base, as well as harvesting some ice so I could fill it later. I also chose a color and texture that would hopefully provide some visual camouflage to my base. I used the "frozen" texture, appropriately enough.

I now had a crude launch facility, that I could use to supply my future space station with hydrogen, oxygen, as well as refined ores, should the need arise.

The only thing I was missing was a destination to launch supply rockets too. Thankfully, I already had the to solution to that problem waiting for me. I just needed to wait until that evening to use it. I rocketed over to my main base, and hopped into the Starbird's Cryo-Chamber. Right before logging out, I fabbed two small rotors for the Starbird, moved the parts to the connector, and logged out.

It was also about this time IIRC, that @Old Duck started negotiations to create an alliance to deal with the new "villains" of the server. My window to play was rather short, so I didn't pay too much attention to the chat.

Saturday Night

Recalling my past problems launching the Starbird Mk II, I chose not to attach those rotors right away. Instead, I launched it into space as soon as I could. Once I got into space, I looked around for a good asteroid cluster to explore.

The closer asteroid to my left turned out to be a dud as far as I can tell. The asteroid cluster dead ahead, on the other hand, had several deposits of iron and silicon. There were also deposits of nickel and cobalt in nearby asteroids, which covers about 95% of what I need to start space-based manufacturing. The rest I can either import from the planetary surface, or in the case of platinum... find a source for.

Of course, it didn't go completely smoothly. When it came time to return to base, I finally attached the rotors. Only I misattached on one of them, far too close to the lateral thrusters. When I tried to remove it, the much faster grinding speeds, over what I'd gotten used to on Casey's server, meant that I accidentally punctured the ship's full O2 tank. I lost all that precious O2 to the vacuum of space. :eek: I improvised quickly, though, reconfiguring the Starbird's onboard Cryo-chamber into a Survival Kit. If I didn't return to the surface for some reason, at least I'd be able to respawn near the ship. It was going to be necessary anyways, in order to start construction of my new star base, but losing that O2 was was still a blow. :(

Solar panels in place, rotors aligned and timed, it was time to do a HALO return to the surface. In the past, I'd bring the ship with me, but I'd recently realized that if I didn't have anything I needed to bring with me, it was just best to save the H2 and return Ironman style.

I landed within walking distance of the launch pad, logged out for the night.

Sunday Before Work

As I wrote above, my health club doesn't open until 8am on the weekends, and I now have one of the few remaining 7-4 jobs in the company I work for. So I decided to prepare the first of my supply rockets. Naturally, when I logged in, the server was having a meltdown. 🤦‍♀️Once Keen had resolved the issue, I removed the Survival Kit from the Ant and attached it to my new base.

I then made some necessary adjustments to the launching arm, so I could easily build supply rockets.

My bright idea brought with it surprising benefits:

Tonight, I have every intention of rendezvousing with the Starbird, and then start construction on my first station. My supply rocket should be able to lift over 40 tons of cargo, along with 500kL (minus launch consumption) of H2, and 50kL of O2, into space.

edited to fix some spoiler tags

Last edited:
I spent the weekend in creative mode, finally getting paste my designer's block when it comes to the new design of my starship. Here are some pics:
Val2-1.jpg

Val2-2.jpg

Val2-3.jpg

Val2-4.jpg

Val2-5.jpg

As you can see, this ship has been designed to be able to land on planet surfaces. I won't be able to do a whole lot of flying around since there are no atmospheric thrusters, but I will be able to visit bases and have enough fuel to return to space again.

Here are some interior shots. I'm very pleased with certain sections, whereas other sections may need a little more "sculpting" to get exactly right.
Val2-6.jpg

Val2-7.jpg

Val2-8.jpg

Val2-9.jpg

I decided to throw PCU to the wind and make this a highly functional space exploration ship. It includes a full basic refinery and assembler, a full medbay, two cryopods for multicrew ops, a "battle bridge" as a backup of for the main bridge (and a station for a second crew member), and a large bay with a hangar door that lets me bring satellites on board, as well as potentially add an auto-assembling bombing mechanism.

Once I go over the design one last time and tweak a couple of things, I will move over to the survival server. I'll need to scrap my first version of this ship to free up PCU and materials, but this new ship is better in almost every way. I won't be creating a fancy 3D printer to make this, however. I'll just use a "printing glass" along with my other ship to build this new ship, which should be almost as fast while allowing me to easily hand-weld some of the components that won't easily auto-print.

Back to my own narrative, I keep vacillating on what server I want to invest time in. I was just on CA2 when this came across the wire:

View attachment 209226

I'm not scared of this "Trump", but the problem is that he and his kind ruin one of my primary reasons for playing on a server - exploring other people's bases and ships. If he's destroying every base in the open, then that is "problematic" for my exploring.

On the other hand, a PvE server has very little risk (except for annoying omnipresent space pirates), so that also presents a "What's the end game?" question.

I guess I can't have my exploration and eat my PvP cake too... 🤷‍♂️

I need to give this some thought. There are other servers out there, so maybe I should keep looking - perhaps the "just right" one is still waiting for me to discover it.
Games like this need some curated stuff. Griefers kicked and banned and an objective to fight over. A base, a moon, death star, whatever. Some sort of safe base that can't be camped, staging area in between safe base and objective.

Tonight, I have every intention of rendezvousing with the Starbird, and then start construction on my first station. My supply rocket should be able to lift over 40 tons of cargo, along with 500kL (minus launch consumption) of H2, and 50kL of O2, into space.

One of these days, I'll learn not to tempt fate like this. ;)

Anyhoo, last night's session turned out to be a lot shorter than anticipated, which wouldn't provide me the necessary window to get anything done in space. So I focused instead on phase two of my launch pad's construction: expanding hydrogen storage. I found out the hard way that the H2/O2 generator, when it has ice waiting to be processed, continually drains power... even when gas storage is full. And it consumes more power than a single wind turbine generates on the Alien world. So I went about fixing that particular issue.

I then checked my gold reserves, and decided to mine some more before I launched into space. As I traveled back to my main base to process the ore, I had an idea that might help further camouflage my base: paint the wind turbine to look like the surrounding trees.

I can’t wait to get back into space. I had one of those epiphanies at work yesterday, and I can’t wait to see how well it works out. If it works like I think it should, prospecting asteroids for ore is going to get a lot slightly less tedious. ;)

I had a little free time this afternoon, so I began the decommissioning of the HMS Valkyrie. I'm trying to be thoughtful about this instead of just grinding her up, so that means unloading cargo, and also consumables like uranium, hydrogen, and oxygen (oh, and ammo). As for cutting up the ship itself, I originally planned to just shove it into the station's grinder, but this often doesn't work as expected. So instead I'm decommissioning it just like a real ship. That means cutting up all the lighter interior components by hand in a systematic way so that I still have power and a conduit to the station's storage modules, which allows me to feed components in via cargo ports on the ship itself. Once I strip it of all the small and light things, then I will use my hand grinder to cut it into sections, which will be much easier to grab and maneuver using my small tug. Those sections will be fed to the station grinder, which can make much quicker work of heavy armor and other heavy components like the frame shift drive.

There are a couple of components that I'll separate from the rest of the ship and keep intact. For example, I have a full H2 tank (once I transfer 1/2 tank to the other 1/2 tank) and no place to put that H2, so instead of wasting it, I'll just cut that tank free, and move it somewhere out of the way with my tug. I'll have to strap a reactor to it to keep it powered, but that's a small price to have a tank full of gas ready to go. I'll need that once I build my new ship. Same goes for the O2.

I'm actually enjoying cutting up this ship. I can see why Hardspace: Shipbreaker is a successful game!

Attachments

• time-to-grind.jpg
    time-to-grind.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 30
STUPID ROTTEN LAGGING CRAP!!!

Mental note to self - don't do ANYTHING in Space Engineers when my internet is suffering jitter. SE has pretty rubbish network code TBH. I had set aside the H2 tank I wanted to save and was cutting away pieces around it when I got a lag spike (my end). Next thing I know, poof - my H2 tank full of precious H2 is gone! My grinder was nowhere near that tank, nor did I grind anywhere near long enough to destroy the tank, but that lag spike must have confused the server, so there goes all my precious H2...

Oh well, I can siphon some off from my other ship when it comes time to fuel the new one. Still, it's a real pain. This game is very unforgiving of packet lag spikes, which unfortunately hit me pretty hard at night during "prime time".

Ouch! It's one thing to lose a tank full of H2 to your own foolishness. It's another entirely to lose it to internet shenanigans. :(

Ouch! It's one thing to lose a tank full of H2 to your own foolishness. It's another entirely to lose it to internet shenanigans. :(
Indeed! It's also a pain to lose fun gameplay, because I was looking forward to the cleverness of separating and saving that tank to refuel my new ship. Oh well.

Here are some shots of my decommissioning, which is turning into a multi-day process thanks to my rubbish Internet. You'll notice how I separate a section of the ship and then attach to it with my tug so I can bring it to the station grinder. Unfortunately I bit off more than I can chew, and it was very difficult to maneuver that large section with that small ship. (For a sense of scale, I'm actually inside that small little ship, but I had to use 3rd person camera to see what I was doing because the salvage was blocking my view!)

ttg2.jpg

ttg3.jpg

ttg4.jpg

ttg5.jpg

In unrelated news, I'm NOT A FAN of these new forum changes! It now takes me twice as many clicks to insert pictures into a post. Another bad example of form over function 🤦

Speaking of foolishness...

I actually got to log in a little earlier than expected. Inventory is done for the year, so they quit the overtime at work cold turkey. I was just about to launch into space, when an idea occurred to me. My current cargo didn't come anywhere close to my rocket's max lift capacity, and much more importantly in my mind, I had no cryo-pod waiting for me in orbit. Granted, that was the original plan, but still...

So I added a cryo-pod to the top of the rocket, completely ignoring the fact that due to briefly unlocking the connectors by accident previously, that the mighty ship wasn't pointing perfectly straight up.

I didn't. The cryo-chamber clipped the wind turbine on the way up.

The wind turbine survived...

The cryo-chamber didn't... and it took the oxygen tank with it, cutting my rocket in two. While I was wondering what the heck happened, the front half of the ship landed back on the launch platform. It survived mostly intact, allowing me to recover the metal I stored in it. The back half was nowhere to be seen. Needless to say, I reacted to this setback in a calm and collected manner:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoNtgM4KGzc&ab_channel=ShortClips

I moved to construct a second rocket, and discovered, much to my delight, that the back half of the rocket had in fact mostly survived, including the precious hydrogen tank. It had just rolled under my base. Amusingly, I was able to roll the tank out from under my base. After removing the thrusters and adding some trusses to lock on to, I managed to get it in the general vicinity of an empty connector.

I had just finished connecting the tank to the base connector when RL decided I was having too much fun. I set it up to drain the tank, and logged out. It was later than I would've preferred when I got a chance to log back in, but I decided to YOLO it. Come hell or high water, I'd at least get to the point where I could safely log off for the night! Who needs a full nights’ sleep? (I do. ;) )

I triple checked everything, crossed my fingers, held my breath, and hit the "launch" button. Much to my relief, everything went smoothly.

Having learned from my mistake, I set my “orbital insertion point” about 3km above where gravity drops to zero. Much to my relief, I found Starbird waiting for me, it’s solar panels pointed towards the sun. I was a bit worried about having it despawn...

I quickly docked the two vessels, and transferred a bit of H2 to Starbird. After making sure Starbird’s engines were off, I set off to my proverbial Cornucopia asteroid cluster.

Once I finally got on site, I carefully aligned the block that would be attached to my chosen asteroid with the sun’s movement, and started assembling my future shipyard. Thanks to the small tubes I’d brought, I got the Starbird docked and drawing/providing power.

Once the basic constructor was built, I used it to add a second docking port for my supply rocket.

I also used it to build a cryopod. It’s a pity I had rushed ahead on this step.

Finally, before logging out for the night, I attached my solar panels (including those from the Starbird) to a rotor. The sun came up just in time to align them properly.

All that remains is to build my main assembler, and a basic refinery, and connect it all together with conveyors. Then I can start construction of my new Prospector design. I still need to find platinum, ice, and uranium.

Now that you are space faring @Darkfyre99 I will need to come visit in my new starship. Construction is about 50% complete. Then comes fueling, loading supplies, charging batteries, all that jazz. Then I'll come by and give you a tour!

progress1.jpg

ps - remind me to set my new medbay to me-only spawn so you don't accidentally show up on my ship 10000 LY from home.

ps - remind me to set my new medbay to me-only spawn so you don't accidentally show up on my ship 10000 LY from home.
Speaking of which, I'll need to make sure my newer survival kits are also set to me only spawn. The one in space will be easy enough to do. The one at my refueling station will have to wait for the next time I make a supply run.

It takes me as long to configure a ship as it does to build it, LOL. But soon, very soon, I will be ready to take HMS Valkyrie MK 2 on her maiden voyage!

In the past my engineering space has been more utilitarian, more "grimy and worn", but I decided with this ship to make it clean and futuristic, kinda like the Enterprise, as best as one can in SE. I'm still tweaking the colors and lighting, but this is very close to what I want:
engineering1.jpg

engineering2.jpg

ps - I spared no expense (PCU), as you can see.

Top Bottom