Spring 2024 DLC Speculation

Knowing Frontier's desperate need to surprise us somehow, I am bit anxious to see, how many players including me really want a Latin America/South America Animal Pack. It makes totally sense for me to fill up the roster of zoo animals from this area, because even after 16 DLCs it is not really possible to build a big South American zoo in Planet Zoo and a lot of iconic zoo animals from South America are definetly missing.
So please Frontier: This time please just listen to us! Coatis, New World Monkeys and Tamarins, Mara, Spectacled Bear, maybe some birds like Nandu, Scarlet Ibis or even Hummingbirds for WTE: it's well deserved after 4 years of waiting!
I need more Latin American animals much morr than I need a surprise. As far as I’m concerned, I’d hope it would be similar to what happened with the North American animal pack where pretty much the entire roster were obvious picks.

Well that was there strategy last year and idk if it paid off judging my everyone’s thoughts on 2023 😅 Wouldn’t be surprised if they switched it up.
Yeah that’s a good point, so maybe it will be a big surprise.

Still feel a bit bad about it, asking for animals then complaining when they come. I know I wasn’t the biggest problem with that but it does make me feel bad for poor frontier lol

Granted, I’m not gonna disagree with each pack could have had little adjustments (except Oceania, genuinely I think it was the best collection of animals from the year).

Imagine after all this time it’s the bird pack everyone constantly theorized about, I think I would actually cry tears of joy. And I am a big guy and an ex football (American football for my non-US friends) player, so seeing a big dude cry happy tears from birds would probably be a funny sight!

Still, makes me wonder if it will be a South America Pack 2 electric boogaloo type situation

Good question: The new dlc or new dlcs (if we have more) would come in the season pass?
The "Season Pass" has current DLC specifically listed, routinely mentioning specifically 14 DLCs in various places, and is a bit more than 50% off compared to the PC base price of those 14. I'd say it's unlikely any new DLC are included (especially a grand finale pack that's worth a bit).

It breaks convention set by other companies, but so did Frontier's "Deluxe edition" definition. (I'd anticipate a fair few complaints. Releasing a new DLC with nothing yet from the Season Pass would be foolish)

If they wanted to avoid the faux pas, they'd release the new DLC on console after March 2025, but it makes promotion a bit more divided. Seeing it's a post Easter DLC, simultaneous with PC looks more likely to me, but if it is a proper finale type of DLC, post March 2025 might make the most sense on console.

Imagine after all this time it’s the bird pack everyone constantly theorized about, I think I would actually cry tears of joy. And I am a big guy and an ex football (American football for my non-US friends) player, so seeing a big dude cry happy tears from birds would probably be a funny sight!
Completely unrelated to this, did you hear of, or have any interest in the Australian Rugby hosted in Las Vegas recently? The stadium seemed decently full, but the running theory is that it's not really grabbing US interest at all.

The other main type of Australian Football (AFL) tried doing games in China a couple years ago, I think it didn't leave much of an impression.

Last edited:
Knowing Frontier's desperate need to surprise us somehow, I am bit anxious to see, how many players including me really want a Latin America/South America Animal Pack. It makes totally sense for me to fill up the roster of zoo animals from this area, because even after 16 DLCs it is not really possible to build a big South American zoo in Planet Zoo and a lot of iconic zoo animals from South America are definetly missing.
So please Frontier: This time please just listen to us! Coatis, New World Monkeys and Tamarins, Mara, Spectacled Bear, maybe some birds like Nandu, Scarlet Ibis or even Hummingbirds for WTE: it's well deserved after 4 years of waiting!
This time it seems that "Frontier's desperate need to surprise us somehow" is going to be sadly fulfilled by failing to provide us with a DLC in the traditional Easter date...
I'm still thinking how the lack of any slight hint (SteamDB files or whatever) about a DLC coming this spring can be compatible with the remaining DLC planned for this FY (ending in May?) and their recent "promise" of us the PC players being happy with them after the console release 🤔😩

The "Season Pass" has current DLC specifically listed, routinely mentioning specifically 14 DLCs in various places, and is a bit more than 50% off compared to the PC base price of those 14. I'd say it's unlikely any new DLC are included (especially a grand finale pack that's worth a bit).

It breaks convention set by other companies, but so did Frontier's "Deluxe edition" definition. (I'd anticipate a fair few complaints. Releasing a new DLC with nothing yet from the Season Pass would be foolish)

If they wanted to avoid the faux pas, they'd release the new DLC on console after March 2025, but it makes promotion a bit more divided. Seeing it's a post Easter DLC, simultaneous with PC looks more likely to me, but if it is a proper finale type of DLC, post March 2025 might make the most sense on console.

Completely unrelated to this, did you hear of, or have any interest in the Australian Rugby hosted in Las Vegas recently? The stadium seemed decently full, but the running theory is that it's not really grabbing US interest at all.

The other main type of Australian Football (AFL) tried doing games in China a couple years ago, I think it didn't leave much of an impression.
I’ll be honest despite playing sports my whole life (until my first college closed lol) I have very little interest in watching sports. I do love to go to actual stadiums though! But I’ll say I haven’t heard of the AFL until now, it sounds cool, rugby always looked fun. So I’m not quite sure why it wouldn’t grab the attention of Americans.

I mean, it would be easy enough for them to add the new pack to the Season Pass and just bump the total # of DLCs up to 15. Nobody would be mad about that.

Alternately, they could release it outside of the season pass and still be within their right... Because they've only promised 14. But this would lead to people having a lot of questions via socials.

I'm assuming it would be part of the Season Pass and that the price point has been researched to ensure a strong ROI with its inclusion (despite the fact that it's not been announced yet). Because for all of the older DLC, even at 50% off compared to the 'standard' PC DLC prices? These DLC go on sale for that amount anyway, at some point throughout the year. And adding more new content to the pack (even if it's coming at a later date) could only encourage people to purchase it.

The benefit for Frontier with these Season Passes is that you're locking in a relatively large chunk of money in a single purchase rather than having a patient purchase the game, buy 2 DLCs and forget about the game. For those customers, you'd be making less money than if you had gotten them to purchase the Season Pass up-front.

1709600497597.png

I believe someone asked this in the last speculation thread as an exercise, but now that its actually happening, how would you pair up the DLCs in bundles?

Btw for the pass did they actually say they will release 2 packs at a time or is it like monthly or ? Because if they do 1 a month that perfectly lines up to March 2025, but if they do 2 pack bundles every other month like the NA and Europe, then that also adds to March 2025. I'm just thinking because if they do 2 packs releasing at once over and over and if whatever pack(s) we have left are integrated into the pass and are released 2 at a time, wouldn't it make more sense for the game to have an even amount of packs? Unless the 2024 pack(s) are not part of the pass.

I believe someone asked this in the last speculation thread as an exercise, but now that its actually happening, how would you pair up the DLCs in bundles?

Btw for the pass did they actually say they will release 2 packs at a time or is it like monthly or ? Because if they do 1 a month that perfectly lines up to March 2025, but if they do 2 pack bundles every other month like the NA and Europe, then that also adds to March 2025. I'm just thinking because if they do 2 packs releasing at once over and over and if whatever pack(s) we have left are integrated into the pass and are released 2 at a time, wouldn't it make more sense for the game to have an even amount of packs? Unless the 2024 pack(s) are not part of the pass.
Europe - Eurasia
África - Arid
Australia - Grasslands
Aquatic - Wetlands
Tropical - South East Asia (+SouthAmerica)
Arctic - North América (+Twilight)
Conservation - Deluxe

I don't pair SA and Twilight together, they don't fit so i would add them each to a pair above. Twilight to NA and SA to Tropical or Wetlands.

Leaving Europe, NA, Wetlands and SEA out since they are already planed

Africa and Arid- Quite obvious pairing, since the scenery was literally made for the arid animals
Eurasia and Twilight - The gothic scenery fits pretty well with the wisent, boar, swan and wolverine.
Arctic and Aquatic - Eh i guess penguin and seal fit in with the polar animals?
Australia and Oceania - Also pretty obvious pair since they complement each other really well
Grasslands and Conservation - for the sole reason these two vibe better for me than either one would with SA or tropical, cant really explain it
South America and Tropcial - I dont actually think those two go together super well, but the are both jungle themed i guess

Last edited:
Leaving Europe, NA, Wetlands and SEA out since they are already planed

Africa and Arid- Quite obvious pairing, since the scenery was literally made for the arid animals
Eurasia and Twilight - The gothic scenery fits pretty well with the wisent, boar, swan and wolverine.
Arctic and Aquatic - Eh i guess penguin and seal fit in with the polar animals?
Australia and Oceania - Also pretty obvious pair since they complement each other really well
Grasslands and Conservation - for the sole reason these two vibe better for me than either one would with SA or tropical, cant really explain it
South America and Tropcial - I dont actually think those two go together super well, but the are both jungle themed i guess
Ugh i forgot about Oceania. Of course that one goes with Australia 😓

I mean, it would be easy enough for them to add the new pack to the Season Pass and just bump the total # of DLCs up to 15. Nobody would be mad about that.

Alternately, they could release it outside of the season pass and still be within their right... Because they've only promised 14. But this would lead to people having a lot of questions via socials.

I'm assuming it would be part of the Season Pass and that the price point has been researched to ensure a strong ROI with its inclusion (despite the fact that it's not been announced yet). Because for all of the older DLC, even at 50% off compared to the 'standard' PC DLC prices? These DLC go on sale for that amount anyway, at some point throughout the year. And adding more new content to the pack (even if it's coming at a later date) could only encourage people to purchase it.

The benefit for Frontier with these Season Passes is that you're locking in a relatively large chunk of money in a single purchase rather than having a patient purchase the game, buy 2 DLCs and forget about the game. For those customers, you'd be making less money than if you had gotten them to purchase the Season Pass up-front.
I do tend to lean towards worse scenarios.

It is kind of an isolated market from PC, and has to pay a bit more to the storefront (I think Sony specifically takes a higher %). The basic console edition is more expensive, so I guess it is just about making the maximum spend drastically better value than minimum spend.

Another advantage of a Season pass is customers knowing more stuff is coming and checking in to potentially buy more, seeing there's in-game DLC adverts.

No, they haven't said anything, 2 per 2 months is just based on Planet Coaster's console edition (they also had double DLC bundles with releases, though a Season Pass might change the strategy). First post launch DLCs were 1 month after launch.

Season Pass pictures a North America pack animal and a Europe pack animal, so they might be first, or it might be random choices. If they go for double DLC bundles, it might make sense to group similar ones (sort of did it with Planet Coaster).

The only definite example is SEA and Wetlands, which overlap a bit, but don't tie too closely, so overall the end result is probably going to have some weird combos.

Assuming website pics are random:
  • North America & Aquatic
  • Africa & Arid
  • Australia & Oceania
  • Arctic & Eurasia
  • Grasslands & Conservation
  • South America & Tropical
  • Europe & Twilight
Assuming North America & Europe first (Messier in my opinion):
  • Aquatic & South America
  • Africa & Arid
  • Australia & Oceania
  • Arctic & Eurasia
  • Grasslands & Twilight
  • Tropical & Conservation

Also while on the topic of South America, do we think that because frontier has chosen the last 2 primates having brachiation that they'll make a third with the spider monkey? I'm stumbled on what is more probable, they improved the brachiating when we got the lar, they could improve it even more by adding the spider monkey, meanhwhile the Howler would need less movement work but a lot of sound design.
View attachment 385626
Based on the Deladysigner's top 100 popularity list, I doubt the Howler may like Tasmanian Devil which is favored by the animal nerd but not the general players b/c Howler is pretty sluggish, while noise is not big issue the Gibbons are also noisy but they are quite popular. The general players tend to prefer slim and active monkeys. So the Spider Monkey might be the most popular New World Monkey since their animation will be similar to the Gibbons.

Last edited:
yes but you might get better stuff than usual in the pack since its delayed.

Unfortunately I've moved into my traditional state of getting bored with building in the game, the last week I have been struggling to stay on the game and I get distracted with other games that I enjoy more or have had updates recently like fall guys. As much as I love making speculation videos they honestly are just an excuse for me not to make speed build videos cause I'm stuck with motivation building.
Yeah that is the stage im at been playing alot of exploration games and wishing they had planet zoos animal roster.
Unsure whether or not this would happen, since the season pass is releasing old dlc all the way through to next year.
It will there is absolutely no way that a dlc releasing after console release will not be multiplatform it would just be a slap in the face to console players. The only chance I can see that it won't be is if it releases at the same time or within the same week.
The pignoses problem is that its functionally fully aquatic. They can barely move around on land, and like sea turtles the only reason they would do so is to lay eggs.
Similar situation on why we likely will never see snapping turtles or giant salamanders as habitat animals, these can traverse land somewhat compentantly but rarely if ever do so willingly. So having any of these shuffle around on land for the amount of time the crocodilian, seals and other semi aquatic animals do in PZ would look just so bizarre.
So arrau is proably the best bet for habitat turtles.

I mean i personally wouldnt mind them since i only play sandbox and always turn of the animals needs, so i would just block them off from leaving the water.
The gharial is almost as aquatic only really leaving to build nests and occasionally sun baking.
If frontier wants to do it they will look at the koala an animal that irl spends almost all its time in trees only leaving to go between trees yet ingame it is the opposite arrau is a way better choice for turtles though as why pick one thats more difficult to add when there is an easier option available. The snapping turtle I could still see happening since it is a relatively well known animal and I am still hoping for the salamander I want a habitat amphibian.
Also the idea that frontier cant just make the animal spend more time in water we already have water feeders and enrichments so theoretically they don't need to leave for anything. They can also move on land so they avoid the issue fully aquatics have which is getting into the water without looking stupid.

If I could reassemble all bundled DLCs, I'd do something like:

Arctic - North America
South America - Grasslands
Australia - Oceania
Aquatic - Wetlands
Southeast Asia - Tropical
Africa - Arid
Europe - Twilight
Conservation - Eurasia

I would prefer if bundles were made pairing Scenery and Animal DLCs. I think they mix better, like complementing each other, as this exercise is proving with your posts, and I remember we have discussed sometimes. Arid with Africa and Oceania with Australia are the best examples.
(And it would guarantee that we could still get at least some more Animal packs until they reach as many as Scenery packs... 👀)

Sadly, the first bundle is already Wetlands and SEA both animal packs, so it's not like it's going to happen.

I just found out a lot of species don't have a colourmorph (including all of the SEA pack), are there any you think should have one? I've seen Albinos and Leucistics not being that popular, outside of being a collectibles.

There's already a Zebra one, but there was a project to try and breed Burchell's Zebras to look like Quaggas a bit, with a level of success (the colouration is called a "Rau Quagga", still pretty far from Quagga colouration). Might be fun, might be too dumb (it took decades to get to this point, and the in-game Plains Zebra subspecies is clearly not Burchell's, even though not specified).
Quagga-4.jpg
fred.png
Buffaloes_and_Plains_Zebras_Equus_quagga_burchellii_one_of_them_presenting_an_extreme_reduction_of_the__zebra__pattern_......_32309547213-1024x599.jpg

Honestly I think the combos of Australia + Oceania and Africa + Arid are great, maybe Arctic + Twilight for Christmas + Halloween? :p
But it is true that it makes more sense to combine them a bit more randomly.

I would go with like
Tropical + Arid
Eurasia + Oceania
Grasslands + Twilight
Arctic + Aquatic
South America + Conservation
Australia + Africa

Back
Top Bottom