Spring 2024 DLC Speculation

If this upcoming dlc isn’t on the season pass, could they be planning to have more than one season pass? Like maybe they are hoping cross platform will breath life into the game?
That could mean we could have a 2026 meta wishlist with even more obscure animals being highly requested where say the red rumped agouti could be the most requested animal or whatever 😂

That could mean we could have a 2026 meta wishlist with even more obscure animals being highly requested where say the red rumped agouti could be the most requested animal or whatever 😂
The year is 2026, Planet Zoo has finally made it to 16 birds, and we got one more monkey. Everyone is arguing about the most important #1 animal on the meta wishlist, it’s the American porcupine.

Frontier, tired and exhausted, must follow the meta wishlist. They announce the new dlc, it has the American porcupine in it like we thought. It also has a collection of other animals, many people are angry. Bloodshed. Bloodshed in the forums. People are arguing why we need a “clone” like the white tailed deer when we could have gotten a different animal on the meta wishlist. We should have got the Wapiti they said. We should have got the coyote, canid fans haven’t gotten a new dog since last year. Cat fans want a Bobcat, or Canadian lynx, and they are angry since they didn’t get a new cat since two DLCs ago. Ungulate fans are arguing which animal is statistically more relevant to zoos, and are angry they didn’t get the hoofstock most useful for a semi-arid dry forest habitat. Bird fans are crying, we didn’t get a bird again. Herp fans are handed the wood frog and told they will get an animal in the next exhibit box. Invertebrate fans the forgotten lot have to wait hopefully, maybe they will get something next year. Fish fans have been dead since 2020. Blood continues to fall.

Three years ago the American porcupine wasn’t even in the top 100. All is normal in the silly zoo game forums.

Last edited:
The year is 2026, Planet Zoo has finally made it to 16 birds, and we got one monkey. Everyone is arguing about the most important #1 animal on the meta wishlist, it’s the American porcupine.

Frontier, tired and exhausted, must follow the meta wishlist. They announce the new dlc, it has the American porcupine in it like we thought. It also has a collection of other animals, many people are angry. Bloodshed. Bloodshed in the forums. People are arguing why we need a “clone” like the white tailed deer when we could have gotten a different animal on the meta wishlist. We should have got the Wapiti they said. We should have got the coyote, canid fans haven’t gotten a new dog since last year. Cat fans want a Bobcat, or Canadian lynx they are angry since they didn’t get a new cat since two DLCs ago. Ungulate fans are arguing which animal is statistically more relevant to zoos, and are angry they didn’t get the hoofstock most useful for a semi-arid dry forest habitat. Bird fans are crying, we didn’t get a bird again. Herp fans are handed the wood frog and told they will get an animal in the next exhibit box. Invertebrate fans the forgotten lot have to wait hopefully, maybe they will get something next year. Fish fans have been dead since 2020. Blood continues to fall.

Three years ago the American porcupine wasn’t even in the top 100. All is normal in the silly zoo game forums.
I was making this up as I go, but try to think of what this hypothetical dlc is:

1. No dogs
  2. No cats
  3. No birds
  4. No inverts/ fish
  5. NA theme: also not necessarily an animal pack
  6. American porcupine
  7. White tailed deer
  8. Exhibit: wood frog

The year is 2026, Planet Zoo has finally made it to 16 birds, and we got one more monkey. Everyone is arguing about the most important #1 animal on the meta wishlist, it’s the American porcupine.

Frontier, tired and exhausted, must follow the meta wishlist. They announce the new dlc, it has the American porcupine in it like we thought. It also has a collection of other animals, many people are angry. Bloodshed. Bloodshed in the forums. People are arguing why we need a “clone” like the white tailed deer when we could have gotten a different animal on the meta wishlist. We should have got the Wapiti they said. We should have got the coyote, canid fans haven’t gotten a new dog since last year. Cat fans want a Bobcat, or Canadian lynx, and they are angry since they didn’t get a new cat since two DLCs ago. Ungulate fans are arguing which animal is statistically more relevant to zoos, and are angry they didn’t get the hoofstock most useful for a semi-arid dry forest habitat. Bird fans are crying, we didn’t get a bird again. Herp fans are handed the wood frog and told they will get an animal in the next exhibit box. Invertebrate fans the forgotten lot have to wait hopefully, maybe they will get something next year. Fish fans have been dead since 2020. Blood continues to fall.

I’m gonna add more to this, it was fun to write up:

The year is 2026, after the North American Porcupine made it into the game the next highest animal is the golden snub nosed monkey. Violence has returned to the forums once again. How dare they some cry. How could they add an animal not native to their region in an internationally released zoo game? Hasn’t Frontier listened to their needs? Obviously frontier picked a STUPID meme animal when they could have picked something else! Clearly the best choice would have been an animal with much more widespread appeal! Like the giant eland! That is way more useful to their interests which would make it the better pick! Bloodshed and war in the forums once again. Bird fans are crying, for the first time this year we got a bird! Unbeknownst to them it was also the last bird of the year.

I’m gonna add more to this, it was fun to write up:

The year is 2026, after the North American Porcupine made it into the game the next highest animal is the golden snub nosed monkey. Violence has returned to the forums once again. How dare they some cry. How could they add an animal not native to their region in an internationally released zoo game? Hasn’t Frontier listened to their needs? Obviously frontier picked a STUPID meme animal when they could have picked something else! Clearly the best choice would have been an animal with much more widespread appeal! Like the giant eland! That is way more useful to their interests which would make it the better pick! Bloodshed and war in the forums once again. Bird fans are crying, for the first time this year we got a bird! Unbeknownst to them it was also the last bird of the year.
Yeah well, it's been since late 2024 since we got an equid...granted it was an equid heavy year, getting the Mustang, Kiang, and Grevy's Zebra all in 9 months, but it's 2026 and we need the Mountain Zebra now.

Oh wait..Forgot about the Shetland Pony in 2025. Still, we need a third Zebra stat. How else will we ever get caught up to the 4 Giraffes we have?

Easy way to spot this is a fake reality:

Invertebrate fans don't exist

Yeah well, it's been since late 2024 since we got an equid...granted it was an equid heavy year, getting the Mustang, Kiang, and Grevy's Zebra all in 9 months, but it's 2026 and we need the Mountain Zebra now.

Oh wait..Forgot about the Shetland Pony in 2025. Still, we need a third Zebra stat. How else will we ever get caught up to the 4 Giraffes we have?
Oh please we can wait, what matters is we fill the selection of gibbon species! Since we got the white cheeked gibbon in 2025 I can’t see why we don’t get another one. The black crested gibbon is right there!

Also, I know we got the American Flamingo as an anniversary animal, but I think we should also get the Chilean flamingo! If we have 4 elephants and every bear subspecies on earth I don’t see how 3 flamingos would hurt.

Hi, it’s me. I’m bug fans. 😔
IMG_4192.jpeg

Frontier adding giant bugs as the next set of props: lmao, lol even
This is actually what I’m expecting us to get next pack! My dog works at Frontier and leaked this on ZooChat:

It’s a standard scenery pack called the Planet Zoo: Weevil Pack with the acorn weevil, New Zealand giraffe weevil, boll weevil, and the cabbage shoot weevil as habitat animals!

Best of all, this is the scenery:
IMG_5769.jpeg

Oh yeah, and there’s also this weird thing coming as an exhibit box animal. I have no clue what it is, but it’s got a long snoot and some funky boots so I guess it fits this pack:
IMG_5770.jpeg

Last edited:
I believe someone asked this in the last speculation thread as an exercise, but now that its actually happening, how would you pair up the DLCs in bundles?

Btw for the pass did they actually say they will release 2 packs at a time or is it like monthly or ? Because if they do 1 a month that perfectly lines up to March 2025, but if they do 2 pack bundles every other month like the NA and Europe, then that also adds to March 2025. I'm just thinking because if they do 2 packs releasing at once over and over and if whatever pack(s) we have left are integrated into the pass and are released 2 at a time, wouldn't it make more sense for the game to have an even amount of packs? Unless the 2024 pack(s) are not part of the pass.
14 dlc from season pass untill March 2025 (which they seem to be releasing in bundles of two):

March: console release and Europe + NA (also Wetlands + SEA in deluxe version) - CONFIRMED
April: New dlc for all platforms
May: SA + Tropical
June: New dlc for all platforms
July: Africa + Arid
August: Australia + Oceania
September: New dlc for all platforms
October: Eurasia + Twilight
November: Arctic + Aquatic
December: New dlc for all platforms
January: Grasslands + Conservation
February: Animals from preorder available for all
March: New dlc for all platforms to end the financial year