Spring 2024 DLC Speculation

We already have a few, and good luck trying to build an exhibit for mice or mole-rats. I think there is plenty of mammals that would be great for exhibits... Degus, harvest mice, naked mole-rat, mouse lemurs, gundis, elephant shrews, squirrels, etc.

If the exhibit system was less restrictive these kind of animals would be great for exhibits I think. Absolutely no way would some of these work in habitats so even thugh exhibits right now aren't the best I'd be more than fine with it.

We already have a few, and good luck trying to build an exhibit for mice or mole-rats. I think there is plenty of mammals that would be great for exhibits... Degus, harvest mice, naked mole-rat, mouse lemurs, gundis, elephant shrews, squirrels, etc.

If the exhibit system was less restrictive these kind of animals would be great for exhibits I think. Absolutely no way would some of these work in habitats so even thugh exhibits right now aren't the best I'd be more than fine with it.
If the prariedog with ~45 cm lenght on average works, then the 40cm degu or red squirrel (not to mention larger species like the 80 cm indian giant squirrel) or the 45 cm brown rat, i really say nah to the to small.

If the prariedog with ~45 cm lenght on average works, then the 40cm degu or red squirrel (not to mention larger species like the 80 cm indian giant squirrel) or the 45 cm brown rat, i really say nah to the to small.
Half of that length for the degu is the thin tail, compared to the stocky prairie dog. And what about the really small stuff like the harvest mouse? That surely would be impossible and even if it was habitat it would be basically impossible to even see.

I've been following the Jurassic discourse with their new pack. The face of the original hybrid from JWE1 is the best thing I've seen associated with Frontier since the swan dropped.

dino dna yikes.png

Tbh I feel like even some of the most well-known, “basic” birds qualify as silly, wacky, lil glumbos, because let’s be real with ourselves - what the hell even are these things??

IMG_5827.gif
IMG_5826.gif
IMG_5824.jpeg
IMG_5823.jpeg
IMG_5822.jpeg
IMG_5820.jpeg
IMG_5819.jpeg

Side note, if we ever got a domestic dlc in PZ2 (and if a hypothetical PZ2 gave us flying birds), I’d love a domestic Columbiform of some sort. Not over more zoo-relevant species of course, but look at them, they’re so silly.
IMG_5818.gif

Birds would be so wacky :))))) some people would say they are the wackiest creatures on earth

Yeah now that you mention it.... The hybrids are downright recycled content.... cept for the spinoceratops which is a sinoceratops but somehow more stupid looking.

Oh god we are gonna get a CLONE PACK with AFRICAN LEOPARD and MASAI GIRAFFE arent we ohhhhh god....
time to get out the bingo card both of those are on my list
Could we consider not having a spring pack but a final, bigger summer pack, either with more animals or in the form of an expansion (even if I don't really believe in birds anymore) ? I wonder if in terms of timing, with the console release, the creation of DLC for both platforms would be possible in the spring or even desirable by Frontier who must wish to capitalize on the console release in terms of communication and marketing for some time .
late spring final pack yes it will not go into summer since the financial report confirmed 1 pack before next financial year which starts june 1st

Frontier has confirmed that they are releasing the console version without the modular souvenir shops. They will probably fix it first for pc and then add it to console too.
I hope so! So the console version will receive the pc updates by drops like pc in these past years?

Am I the only one not worried about the next Planet Zoo DLC?
Usually I would say same, and even reading through some of these comments regarding if pz will have the same fate I find them kind of ridiculous, I mean people can’t really think we’re getting a full on exhibit pack or a pack full of clones. JWE2 has always gotten the shorter end of the stick in stuff for their DLCs, for example they get 4 species in each pack, meanwhile we get 5 and a whole whack of scenery.

Even recently, we got the predator pack which while was still good, none of the species really did anything for the species roster and all of them were extremely similar to Dino’s already in there (Pyro and Utah, Concavenator and Australovenator, Tarbo and T. rex, Giganto and Ovi). And while that was happening, we got the Eurasia Animal Pack which had 2 unique rigs like we always get, high quality animals, free update including big fixes like the tapir, and probably the best pack of 2023. So judging by this, we should be in the clear.

My biggest concern here is:

1. The lack in time to work ratio. Out of all packs recently for JWE2, I’m really wondering why this pack specifically that includes 3 animals from the first game that were only slightly improved upon, doesn’t have a free update. These new species have gotta have fricking mind blowing animations in order to explain why we don’t have one, because I really don’t know what they’ve been doing all this time and I worry that this will show in PZs pack along with the fact that console is coming so they already have something going on while the pack is being made, JWE2 didn’t.

2. No Update. I can live without a free update given that we have gotten several over the years, a pleasure JWE2 can’t share unfortunately. I just need a banger pack to make up for it. But I still don’t understand why they didn’t include one with JWE2s pack because the pack itself seems so basic and easy to make, they just touched up the old species and added spinoceratops which again doesn’t really add anything to the game and is based off of sinoceratops. The bioluminescence is probably just them brushing the models in certain areas so I can’t imagine that took a lot, so unless there are some next level 5 minute animations being made I don’t see what part of this pack took all their time so that they didn’t have enough for the update.

Usually I would say same, and even reading through some of these comments regarding if pz will have the same fate I find them kind of ridiculous, I mean people can’t really think we’re getting a full on exhibit pack or a pack full of clones. JWE2 has always gotten the shorter end of the stick in stuff for their DLCs, for example they get 4 species in each pack, meanwhile we get 5 and a whole whack of scenery.

Even recently, we got the predator pack which while was still good, none of the species really did anything for the species roster and all of them were extremely similar to Dino’s already in there (Pyro and Utah, Concavenator and Australovenator, Tarbo and T. rex, Giganto and Ovi). And while that was happening, we got the Eurasia Animal Pack which had 2 unique rigs like we always get, high quality animals, free update including big fixes like the tapir, and probably the best pack of 2023. So judging by this, we should be in the clear.

1. The lack in time to work ratio. Out of all packs recently for JWE2, I’m really wondering why this pack specifically that includes 3 animals from the first game that were only slightly improved upon, doesn’t have a free update. These new species have gotta have fricking mind blowing animations in order to explain why we don’t have one, because I really don’t know what they’ve been doing all this time and I worry that this will show in PZs pack along with the fact that console is coming so they already have something going on while the pack is being made, JWE2 didn’t.

2. No Update. I can live without a free update given that we have gotten several over the years, a pleasure JWE2 can’t share unfortunately. I just need a banger pack to make up for it. But I still don’t understand why they didn’t include one with JWE2s pack because the pack itself seems so basic and easy to make, they just touched up the old species and added spinoceratops which again doesn’t really add anything to the game and is based off of sinoceratops. The bioluminescence is probably just them brushing the models in certain areas so I can’t imagine that took a lot, so unless there are some next level 5 minute animations being made I don’t see what part of this pack took all their time so that they didn’t have enough for the update.
Maybe they have allocated a lot of internal resources to Planet Zoo? Like shifted some teams around? With the Console release, and a potential final bigger dlc to cap off PZ I can see them needing all hands on deck.

Feels like whatever is left of the jwe2 development team is a skeleton crew to maybe release a couple low effort dlcs to keep the playerbase occupied in the short term. New developments towards possible planet zoo content, elite and unannounced games might have taken priority in this reshuffle.

Back
Top Bottom