Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
they dont need to be different people. Someone playing SC and being social, friendly and a great pal could turn into a viscious ahole the moment he posts on a forum. I wont question your encounters but you also dont know everybody who plays SC and I m not sure how I would rate some of our posters as SC players based on their posts in this thread. I go by what people provide as information. If many toxic posters claim to "play SC every day" yet you dont know them...should I disbelieve them?
There are many servers and regions Fritz, I play almost exclusively on the EU servers...a few from here I see online quite a few times, Sovapid, Zaphod Hawke, even though they play on the US servers and since they're both on my in game contacts list...I keep a watchful eye on those SDC chaps ;) ...even a few who rarely if ever post on this section but are very active on other parts of this forum...Henka77 being one of those. To be a bit clearer, toxicity doesn't really figure in game chat, if it appears, it's quickly shouted down and ridiculed.

Saying that, I mentioned earlier in this thread how a friend and I had been out-fanboi'd by a couple of new $50 cultists...those types do exist but are more an exception rather than the rule. My friend and I left that particular server due to the ridiculous theory crafting they were intent on sharing with the rest of us, it wasn't toxic, merely hilarious and they both seemed immune to blatant sarcasm and outright calls to shut up...I suspect everyone else that wasn't them left the server pretty sharpish too :)

One of my main nemeses from Spectrum too...also on my contacts list, even though she is one of the absolute white knights on Spectrum and we've butted heads many, many times, once to the point where I was temporary banned for 2 days...we still join each other online and actually enjoy the time we've spent doing so. It's not all as well defined into black v white as you'd think, at least not when you're able to separate the keyboard warrior stuff from actually playing a game.

Last edited:
Diablo 3.

I need to also point out that D3, at launch, was a disaster that... despite being played by a group of fans desperate for an entry in a genre that had seemingly been ignored for some time... needed to be patched in order to remove the ridiculous real cash auction house and then be rebalanced around that removal. It was only post launch that it really went on to shine and only because Blizz managed to pull it's head out of a dark and odorous hole long enough to make a few good decisions with the product.

Nevertheless I much prefer Path of Exile.

One of my main nemeses from Spectrum too...also on my contacts list, even though she is one of the absolute white knights on Spectrum and we've butted heads many, many times, once to the point where I was temporary banned for 2 days..

If I had to guess, Thumbylina or Daphne. 🤣

I need to also point out that Blizzard had (and still have) the luxury to waste time and money, because it's Blizzard and there's Activision alongside. They even have the luxury to fail or trash a project without leaving any marks (Starcraft Ghost anyone?).

CIG can't have this luxury, shouldn't be disrepectful of it, just for the sake of the money being generous public donations, not some kind of lost handbag full of dirty money you could spent without caring (spoiler, you shouldn't). But it's Chris way of life after all: to think that behaving like a AAAAA studio is being one.

Here it is: I reached a point where even if SC achieved to be good, I don't know if I could abstract facts like how it was made, how much Chris lied and deceived, how polarized the community is because of this. Actually I don't know how it can be good because of these, and the marketing tactics, the business model, the UI choices, the hell to come when it'll be time to balance the patchwork of systems, ships, gameplays done without any conscience of each others or still to be done, reworked or even thought.

Last edited:
Err...try 'Boo'. She's been around a lot longer than the other 2 pretenders :)

She's mellowed a bit these days...probably playing alongside me and Snuggles did that :D

You're playing alongside Boo? You know there is a big suspiciion in goon town that that is Sandi's account? I mean, the constant meltdowns every time someone dares to criticise CIG or SC indicates someone very deeply invested in the game.

You're playing alongside Boo? You know there is a big suspiciion in goon town that that is Sandi's account? I mean, the constant meltdowns every time someone dares to criticise CIG or SC indicates someone very deeply invested in the game.
We play quite a lot...she usually joins in with myself and a few other regulars if she sees us online. I remember all the rumours about the alt-Sandi account from way back...I somehow doubt it having played with her and chatted in game at length...I also very much doubt Sandi has ever played SC in any form, doesn't seem her thing somehow, not enough handbags and shoes for one :)

Last edited:
We play quite a lot...she usually joins in with myself and a few other regulars if she sees us online. I remember all the rumours about the alt-Sandi account from way back...I somehow doubt it having played with her and chatted in game at length...I very much doubt Sandi has ever played SC, doesn't seem her thing somehow, not enough handbags and shoes for one :)
You had to give them more ideas didn't you!?:sneaky:

Just as a show and tell...Sovapid is down the bottom of the list with the other riff-raff :)

Star Citizen 07_01_2020 18_34_39.png

Last edited:
We play quite a lot...she usually joins in with myself and a few other regulars if she sees us online. I remember all the rumours about the alt-Sandi account from way back...I somehow doubt it having played with her and chatted in game at length...I also very much doubt Sandi has ever played SC in any form, doesn't seem her thing somehow, not enough handbags and shoes for one :)

annabelle boo huxley? is rumored to be a sandi alt? wut?

I need to also point out that D3, at launch, was a disaster that... despite being played by a group of fans desperate for an entry in a genre that had seemingly been ignored for some time... needed to be patched in order to remove the ridiculous real cash auction house and then be rebalanced around that removal. It was only post launch that it really went on to shine and only because Blizz managed to pull it's head out of a dark and odorous hole long enough to make a few good decisions with the product.

Nevertheless I much prefer Path of Exile.

hahaha no doubt about it. D3 on launch was an absolute crapfest especially with the real, life money auction house (what a crazy idea) but thats not going to happen with SC. Star Citizen is going to be perfect upon release I m sure. I think I tried to get into PoE multiple times never stuck to it for long and I love ARPGs, its really strange. Recently picked up Wolcen which looks and plays like a PoE clone.

And there you have it. Theory refuted. I mean think about it. Sandi "playing" Star Citizen??? In between fashion shootings maybe? Yeah right :D:D:D

hahaha no doubt about it. D3 on launch was an absolute crapfest especially with the real, life money auction house (what a crazy idea) but thats not going to happen with SC. Star Citizen is going to be perfect upon release I m sure. I think I tried to get into PoE multiple times never stuck to it for long and I love ARPGs, its really strange. Recently picked up Wolcen which looks and plays like a PoE clone.

And there you have it. Theory refuted. I mean think about it. Sandi "playing" Star Citizen??? In between fashion shootings maybe? Yeah right :D:D:D
I think many that didn't play SC but trolled the media surrounding it assumed that Boo's account was merely a forum/Spectrum alt-account rather than a real backer account...she's had quite a few banned in her time ;)

Your enjoyment of the PoE is directly related to how fun/good your build is, at least in my experience.

As for SC, it already has a miserable economy of micro and macro transactions to stain a release assuming one ever happens. With a grey market and everything, the only thing CiG needs to do now is put up an official section of the website where you can sell directly to players and it automatically moves the assets between the accounts involved and they can really go for the gold.

Your enjoyment of the PoE is directly related to how fun/good your build is, at least in my experience.

As for SC, it already has a miserable economy of micro and macro transactions to stain a release assuming one ever happens. With a grey market and everything, the only thing CiG needs to do now is put up an official section of the website where you can sell directly to players and it automatically moves the assets between the accounts involved and they can really go for the gold.
Meh, I can see nothing negative about the grey market having used it now and then through selling, buying and simple horse trading. I look on it more like collectors buying and selling much in the way they do with baseball cards and suchlike....instead of ridiculously priced baseball cards, the trade is in ridiculously priced Jpegs ;)

As for the rest...it is what it is and the remainder is pure surmising.

Last edited:
I think many that didn't play SC but trolled the media surrounding it assumed that Boo's account was merely a forum/Spectrum alt-account rather than a real backer account...she's had quite a few banned in her time ;)

It was fun from a certain perspective to think that the VP of marketing actually played the product that was being sold. :D

Long time ago now though, and there was the whole 'bookmark the next 3 months' thing where literally everything was going worse than ever for CIG during the weekly occurances of really dumb events that had a lot of us loling from the sidelines. :) Seems like nearly half a decade ago now though, oh wai... :D

Meh, as Einstein said, time is relative.

And with the first 2 years basically wasted it's closer to 6 years and they started a company from scratch and yadda yadda you know the rest....

Time is effectively relative only when you get close to the speed of light.

Honestly I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry, so I'll crugh if you honestly think that only the first 2 years have been wasted.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom