Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I fear they can go on forever. The same thing happened before Citcon but then they earned 20 million dollars

They can't go on delaying important features and expect backers to keep up the enthusiasm, surely! I mean there can't be that many people with deep pockets and a tenuous grasp on reality.

But you're right, there were murmerings last year and they do an effective job of self-policing moments of doubt, but I think it's unlikely to continue for the time they will need to get even a MVP finished.

Seems to be an air of genuine malcontent on the reddit thread, seen it before though. How much longer can they get away with this dismal progress?
It'll all be fogiven and forgotten as soon as the Carrack rolls out of the door...I can guarantee that much. As soon as the Carrack is out of the way, a new surprise straight to flyable ship will be announced, further watering down any lingering dissent.

It'll all be fogiven and forgotten as soon as the Carrack rolls out of the door...I can guarantee that much. As soon as the Carrack is out of the way, a new surprise straight to flyable ship will be announced, further watering down any lingering dissent.

Very well, I'm sure it will be an interesting year in SC land whatever happens, as ever.

I wonder what will happen first, Star Citizen reaching its conclusion or me finishing this flippin Sekiro game, I curse myself for getting involved in it I really do. Just beaten "Guardian Ape" for those who know what I'm talking about!

Pretty much. We've seen it time and again. Angry voices are often quelled by a new ship, concept or otherwise.

Wow, just taken a look at SC, I've seen references about the game on the forum but never looked, got to say it looks very impressive if you like that type of thing, but I'm glad ED isn't like that.
I'm not a fan of games like this as your just playing a game that is more like a movie script.
I'm not even a fan of ED getting so called space legs in the near future as I think it will be a downward spiral to something like this.

Wow, just taken a look at SC, I've seen references about the game on the forum but never looked, got to say it looks very impressive if you like that type of thing, but I'm glad ED isn't like that.
I'm not a fan of games like this as your just playing a game that is more like a movie script.
I'm not even a fan of ED getting so called space legs in the near future as I think it will be a downward spiral to something like this.
I assume you're referring to Sqn 42 (With Luke Skywalker) rather than Star Citizen...I can assure you, the PU is nothing like a movie script :D

This is about as exciting or movie like as star citizen gets for me...

Last edited:
Mole, I take it back, It must have been Sqn 42 I had looked at, I'm not a fan of movie sequences in game.
I've just watched a couple of your videos on youtube and SC does look good.
I might even buy into now and see for myself what the game is really like.

Hmm, doesn't making rented ship unmodifiable render them rather pointless? No way to see how a ship would be worth saving up for / buying if you can't set it up how you want it...

I might even buy into now and see for myself what the game is really like.

Standard caveats: It’s a very buggy pre-alpha with various operational issues. (Years of over-promise, absurd roadmap delays, a burn rate that required angel investment to keep them going, ongoing court case etc). It’s very likely to end up as a P2W model, and essentially fits that bill now.

Some people have fun between the bugs though. If you want to future-proof your experience, buy an Idris ;)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom