Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
You don't think he meant to con you when he released a trailer for a game that didn't exist? That he just had crytek whip up and said lets pretend we have a game and a foundation. Its been a con since day one.

It was one of the first warning signs that all wasn't on the level with the project, although it wasn't until later we discovered that it wasn't actually from the game they had made to that point and just a demo whipped up by CryTek. The text which says "actual in game assets in engine" it very misleading and will have led people to believe CIG had already created all of that and it was in some sort of working state.

I seriously wish that Ci¬G would add NPC ships...besides the ones that randomly interdict you for absolutely no reason. The lack of ship traffic around ports...or anywhere for that matter is irritating.

Has this been posted before? I scanned back a couple pages and didnt see anything so here goes and sorry if its a double-post.

Just putting it in here as it is as obviously opinions are plentiful on this topic.

He prefers the flight model!? Is it better than it looks?

He says SCs flight model is more simple and transports the feeling of agility and speed better for him. I disagree from the visuals alone where ED makes ship appear to have mass while SC looks like paper planes in the wind but opinions eh? His aim probably was to create a video in a positive mindset. I mean there are still jabs in there but overall he really tries to see the positive in the project which means you gotta take what you can else its going to be next to impossible to find 10 good reasons

He says SCs flight model is more simple and transports the feeling of agility and speed better for him. I disagree from the visuals alone where ED makes ship appear to have mass while SC looks like paper planes in the wind but opinions eh? His aim probably was to create a video in a positive mindset. I mean there are still jabs in there but overall he really tries to see the positive in the project which means you gotta take what you can else its going to be next to impossible to find 10 good reasons
In other words it is just advertising.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
In other words it is just advertising.

Well, if that is true then he is also advertising ED and NMS in the same manner. Nah, he is just trying to expand his audience with other game´s related content, OA style. One of the main differences between Yamiks and OA though is that Yamiks is a tad more "caustic" when verbalizing his reserves on some games aspects :D I can´t but like the chap.

Last edited:
Well, if that is true then he is also advertising ED and NMS in the same manner. Nah, he is just trying to expand his audience by appealing to other games players, OA style. One of the main differences between Yamiks and OA though is that Yamiks is a tad more "caustic" when verbalizing his reserves on some games aspects :D
Maybe. I usually watch more dedicated channels. Channels that cover building games (ONI, Factorio, Space engineer, FTD). Or even just one game (Warhammer TW2, RTS games). Usually they don't have to praise the product and just play it. Like build something new and crazy. With statistics tables (builders are nerds). Fly competitions in DCS (been seeing infomercial vids for that too lately tho), go "look at dis 1v1 battle in Steel Division" - in short do entertainment rather than product placement.

When Redlir is streaming just go and ask him what he thinks of the flight model. 😄
It all depends on how you fly. M/KB is pure guff turrets in space in SC where as in E-D it's pretty good. I don't mind the flight model in SC, it's not the best but it's passable using a HOTAS. Big ships feel big, small ships can nip about a bit as much as I rarely fly the small stuff.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom