Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Where is Chris and Sandi these days? Most of Chris' input seems to be extracted from the round-table talk in January and his Citizencon appearence and subsequent BBC appearence at the same event where he called everyone that said mean things "armchair developers". This has been pretty much it for 2020

I remember when barely a day went by without Chris & Sandi popping up in a video to promote this thing.

I'm half expecting them to 'deep fake' Chris' face into future videos

Yeah, I was in the 'Erin might be a force for competence' camp for a while. But the number of ludicrous things he's said on record now suggest he's fully tangled up in the madness. Full server meshing for 2019 was certainly one of them :/

CR weaves dreams and those closest to him are caught up in the web of dreams.

CR weaves dreams and those closest to him are caught up in the web of dreams.

It's been eight years, and I can still smell the fresh lies. The fidelities had never been used. The bunk sheets had never been slept in. Star Citizen Titanic was called the Web Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.

Best content to ever come out of CIG!

Shame its as derivative as everything else they produce :D

We’re so excited to finally share this plan with you. Yes, we know that we just came out with Planet Tech V4… but we don’t see this as feature creep. This is a key pillar of the game and is a crucial change. The team has been full steam ahead on this for quite some time and can’t wait to rid the ‘verse of the spherical inaccuracies that currently plague it.
o_O
I have to admire them for having the balls to troll the fan base like this. This statement would've been funny if it weren't so disturbing.

Anyhow, the Newtonian physics of any ship orbiting those ringed planetary bodies is about to become uniquely interesting........

And asymmetric PvP warfare of ships v. land vehicles/anything on wheels too come to think of it.

Where is Chris and Sandi these days? Most of Chris' input seems to be extracted from the round-table talk in January and his Citizencon appearence and subsequent BBC appearence at the same event where he called everyone that said mean things "armchair developers". This has been pretty much it for 2020

I remember when barely a day went by without Chris & Sandi popping up in a video to promote this thing.

I'm half expecting them to 'deep fake' Chris' face into future videos
Have you looked at Sandi's face during their vids and conferences? She just couldn't hide her disgust and disdain anymore and it's become non-viable to use her as a poster girl. I think it's pretty obvious how she looks.

Have you looked at Sandi's face during their vids and conferences? She just couldn't hide her disgust and disdain anymore and it's become non-viable to use her as a poster girl. I think it's pretty obvious how she looks.

I would assume she's a MASSIVE fan of PC gaming and gamers with a rich background in the games industry and the genre, otherwise appointing her would be some kind of madness

I would assume she's a MASSIVE fan of PC gaming and gamers with a rich background in the games industry and the genre, otherwise appointing her would be some kind of madness

I'm struggling to recall exactly where in all the steaming pile of videos this occurred - but didn't the VIP of Marketing quite clearly state they had no experience of gamers, of gaming communities, nor indeed games?

Yeah, I was in the 'Erin might be a force for competence' camp for a while....

I was firmly in this camp too, and even allowed myself to get a bit upbeat about SC. Time however moves on and it's such a pity that Erin's arrival seems to have had little or no impact. Instead it does rather confirm what I and many believed right from the start viz - 'previous performance is the best indicator of future performance'.

Buy an Idris (Elba film)!

At least CIG didn't go all chainmail bikini on the female armour. Got to give them credit, they avoided that trope.

Don't forget the $4M stretch goal, "Professional mod tools will be provided free to all players", so as soon as that's delivered (two weeks) there'll be plenty of nude patches, bunny man mods and horse armour to go around.

If Roberts hadn't been out of the gaming loop for 20 years it might have occurred to him that mod tools could be used to "allow" the community to develop content for him for free (eg Media Molecule's "Dreams"). Or, better yet, he could monetise it on their behalf the way Bethesda tried to with Skyrim mods.

doesn’t that imply that one party paid the other?

Well potentially yes, but we don’t know in which direction, so any form of victory dance is daft really.

Literally all we know for sure is that they both paid their own lawyer’s fees. (Which is suggestive of a ‘draw’ scenario for sure, or just a minor victory for one of them).

But the exact nature of the deal will probably never be known. Could be, like the GuardFrequency lawyer suspects, that Crytek got a low 6 figure payoff and ‘a bit off the end’ (IE a small cut of future SQ42 profits). Could be lots of things.

In lieu of either party revealing what the deal was we’re unlikely to ever know which way it was weighted.

Well potentially yes, but we don’t know in which direction, so any form of victory dance is daft really.

Literally all we know for sure is that they both paid their own lawyer’s fees. (Which is suggestive of a ‘draw’ scenario for sure, or just a minor victory for one of them).

But the exact nature of the deal will probably never be known. Could be, like the GuardFrequency lawyer suspects, that Crytek got a low 6 figure payoff and ‘a bit off the end’ (IE a small cut of future SQ42 profits). Could be lots of things.

In lieu of either party revealing what the deal was we’re unlikely to ever know which way it was weighted.
Could be, should be... lots of wishfull thinking, but ultimately, nothing came from this. I’m happily awaiting the new theories about the 17 or so extra mil they got 😁

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom