Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It's not unlike wearing a helmet which fits the piloting sims. As for the "ski mask" effect that was old DK2 and first HTC Vive that used that ski mask strap to press the visor on your face, Oculus and gen2 helmets such as Valve Index are using a top suspension mount which is much more comfortable on long sessions.
i have a friend who has an oculus rift S and although its much lighter and comfier than the vive it's still not good enough IMO
the weight is still always there on your head regardless of where it's suspended the centre of gravity is always going to be in front of your eyes because that's where the weight is.
I'll admit it is a big improvement over my OG vive but even trying out his headset for a weekend i was done after about an hour and a half on each play session.

with my original vive I feel it most on the bridge of my nose, that was still the case using the rift S it just took a little longer to become a pain.

Cpi8m7V.png

Yeah. Not vomit-inducing at all.

The reason for Star Citizen’s lack of VR support is the same reason ED doesn’t have atmo planets and the ability to walk around your ship.

That's a lot of time spent not actually addressing, much less answering, the question…

He basically summarized it like Mr. Novak did.

"I went to citizencon and talked to some people and they sounded normal"

Well, yes, they would sound normal, because you're meeting them in real life. Just like in real life someone won't normally scream about what they did to your mother if you are sitting next to them and killing them in a PvP game.

People behave differently with the anonimity of the internet behind them, and wierdo #342 from reddit might actually sound normal in real life. But once behind the keyboard they become that insane guy who will happily tell you that CR is a visionary genius and that everything is ok, and will call you names should you dare to criticize his favourite space game.

The reason for Star Citizen’s lack of VR support is the same reason ED doesn’t have atmo planets and the ability to walk around your ship.
Not really.

SC doesn't support VR for the simple reason that Chris is so stuck on the notion of delivering “cinematic” gameplay that he demands design choices (prodigious use of 3PV, fidelity animations, taking control of the camera) that are fundamentally incompatible with VR. That's something very different from simply not having any compelling gameplay to fill out those new locations.

Not really.

SC doesn't support VR for the simple reason that Chris is so stuck on the notion of delivering “cinematic” gameplay that he demands design choices (prodigious use of 3PV, fidelity animations, taking control of the camera) that are fundamentally incompatible with VR. That's something very different from simply not having any compelling gameplay to fill out those new locations.

I remember seeing some "dos and don'ts" for implementing VR to avoid motion sickness and Star Citizen checked off nearly every "don't" box. The head bobbing in VR makes me feel sick just thinking about it.

Funny how not so long ago we weren't meant to have fun in an alpha, now suddenly "fun" is the main scale SC should be measured by.

OK, anyone is entitled to say he/she has fun in SC, but the contrary too. And PLEASE find somewhere else to evangelize the one and only true masterpiece. I understand that through your eyes we look like incas, unholy lost souls that must be saved, but these roundabout arguments end being insulting. And we don't need to be saved.

Time to enlarge my ignore list.

Last edited:
People behave differently with the anonimity of the internet behind them, and wierdo #342 from reddit might actually sound normal in real life. But once behind the keyboard they become that insane guy who will happily tell you that CR is a visionary genius and that everything is ok, and will call you names should you dare to criticize his favourite space game.

But, what about those that seems normal behind the keyboard? Do they freak out in real life instead?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom