Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
FpNGTdm.png

That's a profile that screams (edit, don't want to trigger anyone with a potentially -ist word) a person who come from the south of the US, usually Texas, usually having a red neck from spending a lot of time outdoors wearing caps that don't shade their necks, who tend to have a facisnation with guns, presumably a member of the NRA, likes to go hunting with his buddies and drink beer while killing defenseless animals.

Also, how do you have a hobby of "women"? I mean, does he collect them? Put them in shrinkwrap or something?

Last edited:
Isn't "redneck" a racist insult?

Hmm... not really racist (unless you categorize them as being a different race! I hope not!). Perhaps stateist? Culturist? NRAist? As I understand its meaning it refers to people who come from the south of the US, usually Texas, derived from them having red necks from spending a lot of time outdoors wearing caps that don't shade their necks, who tend to have a facisnation with guns, presumably a member of the NRA, likes to go hunting with his buddies and drink beer while killing defenseless animals.

Hold on, i see where you are going with this. I'll edit my previoius post.

There we go, better? Hopefully nobody can get upset over that.

Last edited:
ZkAmCQZ.jpg

Latest SC roadmap update.

I'm sure everyone will be highly dissapointed with the news that body dragging is down 4% at 89%. So close yet so far.

Bartender is still being worked on! This is surely going to be the BDBE (Best Damn Bartender Ever).

Meanwhile Eddie Parr is still on the roadmap, after having being pushed back several patches already. Who knew making an NPC mission giver was so hard!

Updated Elevator Panels only at 17% is surely a bitter dissapointment to many. I'm sure many of you are looking forward to this.

And looks like Surrendering is off the cards... no giving yourself up to spend time in jail. You have to die first before getting sent to fidelity jail.

Hmm... not really racist (unless you categorize them as being a different race! I hope not!). Perhaps stateist? Culturist? NRAist? As I understand its meaning it refers to people who come from the south of the US, usually Texas, derived from them having red necks from spending a lot of time outdoors wearing caps that don't shade their necks, who tend to have a facisnation with guns, presumably a member of the NRA, likes to go hunting with his buddies and drink beer while killing defenseless animals.

Hold on, i see where you are going with this. I'll edit my previoius post.

There we go, better? Hopefully nobody can get upset over that.
Yes I understand fully the reasons for the term, but it was used negatively and if I may say in a judgemental way? I like guns (only BB/airguns as I'm in uk), motorbikes, women and beer, does that make me a redneck? Yes recent event have shone a light on certain things, and I do think the light should be wider to highlight all forms of bias and prejudice and insults/insulting terms based on stereotypes.

Just call people plonkers.....can't go wrong with that.

Star Citizen, so future proof it gets less developed over time.

I've thought they've been on maintenance staff since 2017 and most of their employees seems to work on art assets and marketting.
Kind of like an MMO post release, with additional contents when the main mechanics were done.

This seems like a very intelligent and competently made, to say nothing of thoroughly thought-out game mechanic…
Sarsapariller said:
I'm happy to report that drinking from a water bottle is a Faustian nightmare, actually.

* First you need to find a bottle of water. Which ones are for sale? Most of the stores in the game have random assets like water bottles and vending machines scattered around but they're non-interactive. So now you need to hold F and mouse over all of them at every station until you find one that is drinkable.

* Next you need to buy the bottle of water. Select "Quick Buy" and DO NOT MOVE because it takes the server 5-10 seconds to process this command, at which point your character will play this aggressive arm-swipe animation and the bottle will teleport into your hand. It looks hilariously bad. If you move the purchase will likely fail.

* Did you want to store that bottle of water for later? I hope you bought a "Rucksack" brand chest piece! Oh you didn't know that you literally have to buy a single specific type of chest piece just to have a blarping inventory system in this game? Well, you do. It's only sold at one terminal on Microtech. Get ***ed.

* So I guess let's just drink it here. Hit F, awkwardly look down at your own body, find the water bottle in your hand, and select "Drink." Oops, you forgot to take your helmet off! You stupid humdidumdidum!

* Go into your equipment menu and take off your helmet. Pray to RNG Chris that you aren't standing in a pocket of vacuum in the middle of the crowded shopping mall. Your character will play an unskippable helmet-removal animation- you may cheer "HELMET! HELMET! HELMET!" if you so choose. While playing the animation, the character will immediately drop the water bottle and it will clip through the floor. This happens every time. Should have taken your helmet off first, bleep-o!

* Buy another water bottle. Stare at your own hand again like you have some kind of motion disability, and select "Drink." Wait 2-3 seconds for the server to register your command. You will play an unskippable, long animation of unscrewing the bottle top, taking a swig, and screwing the bottle top back on. This will gain you approximately 5% of your total thirst back. That's right! You will need to perform this animation twenty times to get your thirst meter back to full from zero. How many swigs are in a bottle? Possibly around seven. When a bottle is empty your character will perform an unskippable dropping animation and throw the corpse of the bottle through the floor, as is tradition.

* Time to go find something to eat!

[…]

And you have to do this interaction every hour or you will die of thirst.

That is why I write these reports- the game is so unbelievably awful that it warrants documentation

This seems like a very intelligent and competently made, to say nothing of thoroughly thought-out game mechanic…
Backers who play the game all the time get used to this nonsense and begin to perceive the behavior as normal. They get blind to it. On a side note, the player can hold down the mouse button to drink the whole bottle without having to repeat the animations. :)
I'm really impressed by this video of online gameplay.
And this response is exactly what I see in Twitch chat. The game is very well designed at bringing in money.

There are a few shortcuts to the lengthy process...albeit a few seconds shorter...the person who posted this obviously omitted to read the patch notes. There's now a keybind to remove the helmet, saves mucking about in mobiglas...there also isn't a helmet animation as yet...they binned that thankfully. If you hold the left mouse button when taking a drink the drinking animation will continue until the bottle is empty...saving the 400 'sip the bottle' routine the OP is going through. You don't have to buy specific armour to get an inventory slot...any armour will do. He's wandering around in a n00b suit which is only a flight suit and doesn't have any storage...then again, 99.99% of people who play Star Citizen know this...he could have asked.

I love folks who can't or won't read patch notes or ask in chat...posting stuff like this makes them look kinda silly ;)

Saying all of that...I despise the new and utterly pointless buffoonery...as does everyone else... with the exception of the faithful who seem to adopt the idiot Roberts' ultimate vision for his magnum opus like it was their own...

Last edited:
Yes I understand fully the reasons for the term, but it was used negatively and if I may say in a judgemental way? I like guns (only BB/airguns as I'm in uk), motorbikes, women and beer, does that make me a redneck? Yes recent event have shone a light on certain things, and I do think the light should be wider to highlight all forms of bias and prejudice and insults/insulting terms based on stereotypes.

Just call people plonkers.....can't go wrong with that.

Plonkers it is.... hopefully nobody gets offended by that!

Unreleased game is on maintenance with a skeleton crew.

Seriously though, I thought 'staggered development' was the fix - bigger releases, more depth and better polish. What happened?

Staggered development was revealed to be a load of guff.

When you saw things moving from an even patch number to an odd patch number that was (according to staggered development) already half way through, something smelled off. The team working on the next patch should not be taking on half done stuff from the preceeding patch. It should be pushed back 2 patches, not 1.

Patches that were coming up next should have been roughly 50% complete when the previous is approaching finish, not like 10 or 20% like we have seen.

Its with things like that backers should be shouting "Liars, liars, pants on fire!" but they just keep eating the tripe CIG are serving.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom