Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Speaking of desync, and wonky physics...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdMCoMD6KSE

So, docking to ships happens exactly like I predicted with an ultra twitchy flight model, ludicrous thruster power, a buggered physics engine and the poorest network code in the universe... GL with the Idris while it's moving and in combat...
I suspect the guy in the M50 is using M/KB to fly judging by his movement and jerky throttle control....it's not that bad for me using a HOTAS

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of desync, and wonky physics...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdMCoMD6KSE

So, docking to ships happens exactly like I predicted with an ultra twitchy flight model, ludicrous thruster power, a buggered physics engine and the poorest network code in the universe... GL with the Idris while it's moving and in combat...

Forget the Idris, what about the Kraken?

Remember, that thing is meant to be a mobile space base.

Last edited by a moderator:
or space plushie is tracked.

Whats the damage model of a Plushie? How many Plushies around the walls does it take to stop a bullet from damaging the modules I wonder? I hope they've worked this out or it just wont be immersive at all....stuffing your suit inventory with Plushies should protect against the cold too.

by the way, I been wondering, that new 2 seater miner...wheres the cargo hold for the minerals, it seems like theres very little storage space in the back, Ive seen dumper trucks and they have huge spaces for actually carrying stuff?

Chris is a ########################### but one ####################### does not make a team, i have faith CIG will get it done despite Chris.

Someone like that in a team is bad news.

Someone like that leading a team will make life hell for the other team members at the least, and could prevent team delivering..

Someone like that as company owner and micro-managing creative director who doesn't take kindly to pushback means that the whole company is probably railed.

I've been pretty entertained with Star Citizen this time actually! Yesterday I downloaded the game (with some difficulties), but now getting to play, It's been fun and with surprisingly small amount of issues. Aurora feels like a toy, but it is flyable now that I got my hotas binded this time (before I did not bother). Been doing box deliveries and enjoyed them, I love weather effects. Flying and walking through blizzard is awesome. And game is quite smooth now (Unoptimized Odyssey Alpha, I'm looking at you)!

I also got a taste of the friendly community, I lost my ship (by my own mistake) and was left stranded in Port Olisar without retrieval possibility at that time. So I called for help and other player came, gave me a ride to Grim Hex and threw sizeable amount of credits at me and told me to buy a proper armor. Nobody walks around in pyjamas but noobs apparently.

I might try to save enough for a slightly better ship this time... But I'm yet really not sure if I still have the enthusiasm to continue Star Citizen when Odyssey goes live.

I've been pretty entertained with Star Citizen this time actually! Yesterday I downloaded the game (with some difficulties), but now getting to play, It's been fun and with surprisingly small amount of issues. Aurora feels like a toy, but it is flyable now that I got my hotas binded this time (before I did not bother). Been doing box deliveries and enjoyed them, I love weather effects. Flying and walking through blizzard is awesome. And game is quite smooth now (Unoptimized Odyssey Alpha, I'm looking at you)!

I also got a taste of the friendly community, I lost my ship (by my own mistake) and was left stranded in Port Olisar without retrieval possibility at that time. So I called for help and other player came, gave me a ride to Grim Hex and threw sizeable amount of credits at me and told me to buy a proper armor. Nobody walks around in pyjamas but noobs apparently.

I might try to save enough for a slightly better ship this time... But I'm yet really not sure if I still have the enthusiasm to continue Star Citizen when Odyssey goes live.
I’m curious why you couldn’t retrieve your Aurora!! retrieval console got bugged? Friendly pad rammers outside Olisar?

I’m curious why you couldn’t retrieve your Aurora!! retrieval console got bugged? Friendly pad rammers outside Olisar?
I logged out inside Aurora (but not in bed) right outside Port Olisar. Logged back in slightly later and I spawned inside the station but I guess my Aurora was still coasting somewhere outside the station, because console said it was at Port Olisar, but could not retrieve it atm. I could have waited it out propably but calling for help was more fun and gave quicker results :)

I logged out inside Aurora (but not in bed) right outside Port Olisar. Logged back in slightly later and I spawned inside the station but I guess my Aurora was still coasting somewhere outside the station, because console said it was at Port Olisar, but could not retrieve it atm. I could have waited it out propably but calling for help was more fun and gave quicker results :)
Oooh ok, so the console (ship retrieval) got bugged… damnn almost a year and that bug still there!!!

Glad you had fun

Enjoy, and let us know how you go :)

On earning meaningful cash with a starter ship, you might be best off just walking around in space pajamas and picking up pity gifts though ;)

An experienced backer tried his hand at it, using nothing but a starter Aurora. The last anyone heard of him he'd lost all his cash to bugs several times over...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyNLz3szd-U

Probably best off just mucking about, poking the missions, and seeing how it plays generally.

Last edited:
Someone like that in a team is bad news.

Someone like that leading a team will make life hell for the other team members at the least, and could prevent team delivering..

Someone like that as company owner and micro-managing creative director who doesn't take kindly to pushback means that the whole company is probably railed.

As a handy touchstone, the Jennison letter speaks to many of those issues:

It's far from the only source to suggest these kind of things about Chris of course. Just a convenient one ;)

A full persistence MMO First Person Space game with up to 100 star systems and a player driven economy, that's the macro version and the expanded revised pitch, that has not changed. This is what's achievable. Tho on a personal note i wouldn't want more than 30 Star Systems, no matter how many players are in your instance its too easy to get lost in the aether when there is too much space. 30 to me seems like a good balance.

On a more granular level its constantly evolving because they keep adding to it, some of those addons are already in to some degree.
So now the question is how do i know its possible if it keeps evolving? As it stands right now i think it is, if in the future they add something that isn't possible then i guess this feature will not be going into the end product.

ED Emulates these properties, that is not difficult, I have never seen it to this extent in ED but is it possible to gather these elements together and try it?
My. Gods. You really know nothing of game development...

Top Bottom