Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Where are you with those frames? And it looks like you might have it capped at 60fps.

If I am in a space station, im getting 70 - 100fps just walking around inside. Don't really know where the problem areas are.

I'm at 3840x1600 with a 3090 and a 9900ks.

A ground settlement Combat Zone, which is on fire, at night (with all the NPC torches), is probably the biggest test.

(I’m still playing it in the weird hybrid VR mode so I have no real clue on frames, but it definitely gets melty [reprojection] at those times).

Hmmm. Don't know that I want to figure out how to do all that :)

But did update, take a taxi to a ground station that sorta looked like where mole was.

60-120fps. looking out the window definitely hit the fps pretty hard.

Hmmm. Don't know that I want to figure out how to do all that :)

But did update, take a taxi to a ground station that sorta looked like where mole was.

60-120fps. looking out the window definitely hit the fps pretty hard.

If you’re at a large station there’ll be a desk like the taxi one which sends you to a combat zone in a dropship instead. (Frankly the most insane arena mode system I’ve ever seen ;)). Try to pick a close one ;)

To stay on topic, will say this for Odyssey though. Once you’re at a settlement, the NPCs do mainly work ;). (In classic PvE combat & stealth trope formats)

Where are you with those frames? And it looks like you might have it capped at 60fps.

If I am in a space station, im getting 70 - 100fps just walking around inside. Don't really know where the problem areas are.

I'm at 3840x1600 with a 3090 and a 9900ks.
capped at 60fps...just personal preference :)

Wow... it's fascinating to see SC still living rent-free in folks heads, even after all these years. The usual actors, nonetheless. As you were Commanders.

Had watched SC before I jumped into it in 2017. Was rather disheartened with Elite and 3.0 was coming out with all the new planet tech etc. How much longer would CIG need, wouldnt be much longer at that point, right? lol

😂 😂

Early days. Development only really started in 2020.

In my defense, I've only been a backer since 2018. :D

Seriously, though, some of us just wanted an updated, slightly expanded version of Freelancer.
Had watched SC before I jumped into it in 2017. Was rather disheartened with Elite and 3.0 was coming out with all the new planet tech etc. How much longer would CIG need, wouldnt be much longer at that point, right? lol

😂 😂
I backed the Kickstarter :(

I was watching a developer stream today from CIG.

It was about this complicated medical system, with limb damage and how respawn will work, and lots of cool stuff.

Meanwhile I literally died walking down a ramp on a planet. Solid ground to solid ground, crumple, death.

Definitely some cart before the horse going on here, guys :D

some alternative sovapid gameplay, literally, one of my alts.

doing one of the most intense things in star citizen, running refined mined goods from a refinery to sell it.

30k's dont happen as much as they used to, but they still happen. CIG is still the top griefer.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSmX8vEKi5A

and since there are some new people in the thread that actually play.

if you do the r_displayinfo 1 thing in the console

if the 5th line, Bwin goes to 0 and stays at zero for a bit, thats a 30k. not much you can do with the info. but if people are calling 30k in chat and that isnt zero, it isnt a 30k.

almost a million UEC run baby!

Definitely some cart before the horse going on here, guys :D

You just don't understand fidelity development.

CIG have invented reverse development, where you do everything backwards.

For example: Hiring A list celebrities to mocap before you even know how your animations are going to work. Or making high quality assets before you you have coded the functionality for them.

It truly has never been done before.

Top Bottom