Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

New 3.14 PTU patch again.
I installed PTU, tried lots of the free ships, but it gobbled my SSD (TBF i have a lot of gopro videos i need to sort/delete) so uninstalled.

Have to wait for live PU to try all thenew stuff properly.

There are a few names you'll probably recognise here and there, depends on when you play and on what regional servers I suppose.
I did start Elite on PC end of 3301, only became a console scrub later, and while we vaguely kept tabs on them (in case they started a drive to target rats), mostly the other emergent gameplay groups and Rats didn't interact with each other.
Probably fought a few Code/SDC when i flew with Adle's Armada, but that was brief/sporadic, as again it was hard to commit to AA and be a rat at the same time.

Just curious mostly, like did they go back to Eve, or get old and suffer real-world issues like kids and work and become forum-dads :p

I did start Elite on PC end of 3301, only became a console scrub later, and while we vaguely kept tabs on them (in case they started a drive to target rats), mostly the other emergent gameplay groups and Rats didn't interact with each other.
Probably fought a few Code/SDC when i flew with Adle's Armada, but that was brief/sporadic, as again it was hard to commit to AA and be a rat at the same time.

Just curious mostly, like did they go back to Eve, or get old and suffer real-world issues like kids and work and become forum-dads :p

In elite times i was in privateers alliance. Flew a quite a bit with SDC, but also got killed by SDC quite a bit.

One of my favorite SDC related things from back then was sundae calling for the fuel rats mid fight. Getting refueled by the rats and going back to the fight.

I never knowingly killed a fuel rata.

One of my favorite SDC related things from back then was sundae calling for the fuel rats mid fight. Getting refueled by the rats and going back to the fight.
We have fuel. You don't. Any questions? :D

I remember the discussion after that, the general thought was it's up to individual rats to choose to refuel or not a particular client, but as PvPers are purposefully getting themselves out of fuel (plasma) most did not consider it an emergency sort of call.

When refueling comes to SC i'll definitely be interested, but they need to lose the 50 player cap, and make fuel use more "dangerous" - life of a spaceman etc, but also multi systems so there's more ways to run out.
Probably SC wont recapture the glory days of Ratting, assuming the game ever gets more finished... Would i spend real money for a Vulkan? :unsure:

Honestly, the development of Star Citizen to gaming is like what supercars are to the automotive industry. They push beyond the current limits and explore radical new ways to do things through nonstop innovation, and that tech eventually trickles down to the average sedan. All of these things that they're doing right now is great for the gaming industry as a whole I feel, and it cements Star Citizen's position as a juggernaut in this industry.

So, now they are claiming trickle-down development? With CIG at the top, benevolently working on things for the good of game development as a whole.

nice! ballistics are completely useless now!

well, unless i want to take out one fighter in AC and the suicide so i can rearm!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klahveZIeu0

They don't want a single fighter killing a 600i or any other large ship.

However i can see the very limited ballistics ammo levels in fighters being a serious point of contention, i like doing NPC bounty hunting in a 325A equipped with a Rhino Repeater and two Mantis 220's.
I get 265 Mantis rounds, that is enough for one 10 second burst, and that's it, its enough to kill one Warden at close range with the Rhino also doing its work on it, what about the other 4 or 5 ships each at the 3 locations i have to clear out? I'll have to do that with the Rhino alone and that's not fun.

Last edited:
-o3EnjGIKup8xX3E5UuGrOMRXYPHgF9alxOjdffi8CM.png

And all it will take is 19 million! Pledge now and help CIG achieve this goal!

Excatly, you can pledge now to achieve this goal but largely better than the initial scope.

Lol. Nearly 20x that amount brought in now, and still no sign of that 2013 pledge. (Or the 100 systems, fleet command & control, ship modularity, planet Earth recreation, pets, VR, etc etc etc…)

But just imagine how amazing they would be if CIG brought in more money. Just imagine…

Lol. Nearly 20x that amount brought in now, and still no sign of that 2013 pledge. (Or the 100 systems, fleet command & control, ship modularity, planet Earth recreation, pets, VR, etc etc etc…)

But just imagine how amazing they would be if CIG brought in more money. Just imagine…
It will come.
What we have is already amazing, I don't see how it could get any worse in the future.

Top Bottom