Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

I think whats important about interiors is it makes the ship Cmdr (Commando?) bond stronger. Your own personal lived in space.

You really get that in Space Engineers especially when you build the ship yourself and do a few iterations and know it like the back of your hand. The first few times in Elite running the hanger to concourse was cool but it gets old espically in Cutter (lol wheres my vip Cmdr cart) so I wonder if in SC would I get sick of it in a big ship. Maybe Mole or someone could share some personal perspective on that.

I think ED is mainly a ship oriented game, as to where someone said earlier SC isnt so the vibe may be different where legs is more integral.

When I hear more consistent things about stability and server dysync I really do want to try it for myself but not until I have a beefier system. I'm sure by the time that happens (If?) I will.
SC is still a ship oriented game, even in it's gameplay. The difference in a gameplay sense is that the ship gameplay isn't the all of it. Most folk buying into SC do so because of the ships...they're kinda forced into it due to the predatory marketing behind the project. Buying a pixel spaceship with real money gives a sense of ownership...kinda like the old US army doctrine. This is a ship, there are thousands like it but this one is mine. That no longer really applies since Ci¬G opened up the buying of ships in game.

Many new folk dipping their feet into SC recently will more than likely never pay Ci¬G any more than the cost of a starter package since they, like most of us in recent times, will simply buy ships in game with in game credits...there's no need to 'support' the project in the previous sense. I was surprised like many when Ci¬G opened up the floodgates considering how early they chose to do it...but it's overall a good thing. Buying ships with cash is still an option, as no doubt it always will be knowing Ci¬G... but more and more folk coming into SC are chosing not to do it which I applaud.

As for the gameplay being FPS shooter related...it's an option and there's part of it in every day missions should you chose to do them... but I don't see many regular players focusing on that side of it outside of the old RexShilla videos or the idiocy of Theatres of War afficionados.

Last edited:
1SyexkGI35SAbp6KbO2PzW5ZfwDj4YIOo81OGmHB2UI.png

Poor BMM owners.

Let's be fair: fundamentally the moment Armstrong had wasn't in the "walk" from his seat to the vacuum but in the fact to be the first to put a foot on a planet no other human did.
It's a perfect example of how significant parts of the space game community tend to consistently miss the forest for the trees. Armstrong was famously the dude who first walked on another planet, not the first dude to climb a ladder. It's similar to people being super excited by the presence of toilets, or finger prints on textures, while missing fundamental issues.

It's a perfect example of how significant parts of the space game community tend to consistently miss the forest for the trees. Armstrong was famously the dude who first walked on another planet, not the first dude to climb a ladder. It's similar to people being super excited by the presence of toilets, or finger prints on textures, while missing fundamental issues.
I had to think about that one...but yeah :D

Buying a pixel spaceship with real money gives a sense of ownership...kinda like the old US army doctrine. This is a ship, there are thousands like it but this one is mine. That no longer really applies since Ci¬G opened up the buying of ships in game.
Dunno, I kinda have that with fake money already. I play on a FS2020 server where you buy your own planes, and pay for maintenance, fuel etc. It's all fake money, but I really feel it's my Cessna 152. :)

1SyexkGI35SAbp6KbO2PzW5ZfwDj4YIOo81OGmHB2UI.png

Poor BMM owners.
Poor BMM owners jumped the gun...most will just buy one in game when it becomes available. Mine is in buyback for the concept price I paid for it, I'll drag it out of buyback nearer the time and sell it on the grey market for a big profit. The ship never interested me that much...but I saw the potential for making a few bucks from some other mug down the line...a bit like Ci¬G do :)

Last edited:

So, who was the first person to climb a ladder?

And Idris owners. And Pioneer owners. And the Javelin owners. And Kraken owners.... and the list goes on. Those are just the more expensive ones. ;)
Some no doubt like to collect ships, but more than a few of those kind of ships are bought for their resale value...not to fly around pretending you're a space admiral :D

Really enjoying these hard flying videos from 3.14.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPg3vFePVog

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4le_cnq_wk

Once I build up enough ingame moneys, I'll buy up a racing ship and give this a go. Still haven't tried my hand at playing de-coupled.\
EDIT: And I just found out SmoothTrack works with SC!
Not a nitpick since I love those kind of vids too...but the first vid is from 3.13, it still has the current ship HUD from the live patch :)

Last edited:

Confirmed bug.

Still waiting for them to add a window cleaning service in ED. Maybe CIG will beat FD to the punch there!

Great action!
But... I don't know if I'm allowed to say this here without being tarred and feathered, but for non-procedurally generated surfaces this looks pretty low level to me. Talking about the surfaces, not the buildings.
The planet tech is proc gen with hand placed assets here and there...as far as I know anyway. I never keep tabs on what the Magic Germans are doing with the planets these days. It's always looked fairly decent to me, but I'm just pootling about in a mining ship or ROC buggy melting rocks and not skelping over the surface at a great rate of knots in a Gladius.

x7eOYfh.png

6ofb5K1.jpg

Even as far back as 3.5 or 3.6 the planets were pretty nice looking, it changed when Microtech was added....whenever that was.

rGqxbLF.png

tr8BOaD.png

Last edited:
The planet tech is proc gen with hand placed assets here and there...as far as I know anyway. I never keep tabs on what the Magic Germans are doing with the planets these days. It's always looked fairly decent to me, but I'm just pootling about in a mining ship or ROC buggy melting rocks and not skelping over the surface at a great rate of knots in a Gladius.

x7eOYfh.png
How viable is mining? I've only done Halt Surveillance and some bounty missions. I've made a million UE so far but I'm looking to amass a bit more at a larger rate.

Top Bottom