Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

how is SC community doing ? discovering new planets yet or the same one 1inch at a time ?

I prepared a comparison, Odyssey vs Star Citizen

This is Odyssey.
View attachment 255549

and this is SC

View attachment 255550
No...this is Star Citizen in a nutshell :)

IAb1hg4.gif
Meanwhile...in the server room...
MF6INhT.gif

And the end result...
mH4qcgn.jpg

Last edited:
For a moment I thought I was reading the ED update thread ;)
You should try playing ED on a base PS4 :rolleyes: Multicrew is really broken now; wings is not great; instancing / skipping / invisible CMDRs - all check; driving on a flat surface = random death; low / single-digit fps; there's still outstanding issues from launch; etc etc

Sure EDH is in a far better place on PC, but it's all relative, and to me SC 3.14 isn't actually that bad - 3.13 was significantly better than even PS5 ED - It's really hard to tell which game is in a better state.

I'll try the SC servers for a bit, and if not going well just play something else. You don't have to beat yourself around the face with a game, unless one likes a bit of punishment and then getting to complain about it ;)

Crusader looks nice and colourful from orbit at least....although to me it still has nothing that says 'Gas Giant' about it. Maybe the bottom screenshot...if you squint a bit and stand on one leg 🤷‍♂️

L5HgOag.png

FnpTEBS.png

Last edited:
I'm really not feeling the combat changes. Maybe they will grow on me.

I went and checked out how mining was doing in the patch instead of doing combat stuff tonight though. 🤣

And even that didnt work out well. Dropped into my favorite quantainium mining spot and instantly, literally instantly, found 10 quantanium rocks with one of them being 50% quantanium. The basic mining stuff is exactly the same, but didnt really get a chance to try the new pinging/scanning. Although in 3.13 I think these rocks would have been harder to break. They were pretty easy.

Hi , another noob Q ...... Will SC have NPC ship's crew.so if I earn myself a big ship in-game will I be able to crew it with NPC's and pay them a wage or will it all be player reliant like elite?.

Thanks

Any question you have about Star Citizen that is in the form of: Will Star Citizen have feature X? At some point CIG will have said yes, no matter what X is.

So yes, CIG has said that you will be able to hire NPC ship crew. It is a very hot topic. There is video of Todd Papy (one of the CIG higher ups) saying the NPC crew will be as good as a player crew. I believe there is other stuff saying the NPC crew will not be as effective.

You will have to pay the NPC's.

So yes, CIG has said that you will be able to hire NPC ship crew. It is a very hot topic. There is video of Todd Papy (one of the CIG higher ups) saying the NPC crew will be as good as a player crew. I believe there is other stuff saying the NPC crew will not be as effective.

Heh, there would be some salty tears from certain quarters if NPCs were as good as players.

But the only way to make NPCs as good as players is to cheat with the NPCs or hamstring players.

Unless someone actually believes in the whole subsumption guff that NPCs will be indistinguishable from players, in which case they would believe anything CIG says.

I'm really not feeling the combat changes. Maybe they will grow on me.

I went and checked out how mining was doing in the patch instead of doing combat stuff tonight though. 🤣

And even that didnt work out well. Dropped into my favorite quantainium mining spot and instantly, literally instantly, found 10 quantanium rocks with one of them being 50% quantanium. The basic mining stuff is exactly the same, but didnt really get a chance to try the new pinging/scanning. Although in 3.13 I think these rocks would have been harder to break. They were pretty easy.
Aye, I'm raking it in with the QTainium mining...even found a 90% rock this morning...others were at least 50% or higher. Lancet mining head and a surge consumable....XTR-L module to filter out the inert rubbish if there is any. I was finding way too much QTainium to carry in the prospy so got a couple of randoms from global chat up there with a Mole to hoover up the surplus. :)

Last edited:
CIG looking at data and balancing ?

Way to ruin the erotic cannon vibe :/

But if what that guy suspects is true, that the balancing is in part designed to prevent small ships being as effective against larger (more expensive) ships, then that may not be grind CIG feel like unwinding ¯\(ツ)/¯

In terms of stuff like the kinetic ammo count / reload time, I’d imagine they’ll probably soften some of it though yeah.

Back
Top Bottom