Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Answer the Call!
Answer the Cult!

And chicks for free?
Ah, I see you are a man of culture as well.

There is no Sq42 either.
What if Tyler "I've played all levels" Witkins is in fact Derek Smart?!

People keep rewarding them for failure, and so they are able to continue failing. Funny how that works.
Chris Roberts, pocketing another ten million dollars: "What is failure anyway?"

Jv0sLr8.jpg
That's the mug we bankrolled.

At a time when most companies are focused on WFH and many businesses are shutting down, CIG are investing in more office space.

At a time when most companies are focused on WFH and many businesses are shutting down, CIG are investing in more office space.

I liken this to CR's film investments as a producer/co-producer, but with commercial real estate. And I'm sure it will yield just as many returns as the films with his name attached.

I liken this to CR's film investments as a producer/co-producer, but with commercial real estate. And I'm sure it will yield just as many returns as the films with his name attached.

For me its just another example of CIG doing things backwards. While most companies are accepting WFH is the future, at least for the forseeable future, as well as seeing the benefits of it (less office space costs, people pay for their own electricity, hardware, no commute so people are happier and fresher for work) CIG are focused on getting people into the office. Same as their development process which was assets first, functionality second.

For me its just another example of CIG doing things backwards. While most companies are accepting WFH is the future, at least for the forseeable future
And this is why you don't have a tech demo that makes 40 millions per year for ten years in a row - you don't have a vision! Genuine Roberts, ever the visionary, pounces on the real estate while it's cheap! What, did you expect him to spend money on SC development? That's sooo obsolete.

CR said the release will be there when server meshing is stable enough
The latest CitCon and latest dev tweets seem to suggest that the plans for server meshing (as sold to the market so far) have been scrapped and been replaced by plans for a classic mmo shard/instancing system.
"If The Facts Don't Fit The Theory, Change The Facts". Viajero, you must be new here.

Do you agree that to deliver the game as promised, they need a lot of money, and selling ship works well to fund the project ?
I agree that Chris Roberts failed to deliver the game as promised 7 years ago.

Because, even if the game is fun now, it's not the final product awaited
Funny how 'game is fun' became a fact, not your personal opinion.There is no game yet, only tech demo, and it is not fun.

CR said sooooo many things that happened to be wrong I don't get how even the faithful rely on what's going out from his brainfarts.
Obviously you don't understand faith development :D

Last edited:
And the contents of those patches match up with what was supposed to be in each patch? I can churn out papers for work, and even though each page contains only one word, I'm hitting the perfect quantity and frequency. And besides that, it still doesn't ensure anything. They've managed to release patches with removed or delayed features because of, and in spite of, funding.
You look at the glass half empty, I look at the glass half full.
Each patch give me more things to do and discover. And almost every patch improve my pleasure. They remove or delay feature B in a patch ? I don't care, the patch still gives me C, D and E + the feature A that was delayed from 2 patches ago. And B will be delivered in another patch if it's just delayed.
For the removed features long ago that are important like salvage, I know they will deliver it one day. I'm patient. And having each patch some new things to do helps to be patient.
For 3.15, I'm eager to use the new healing system and test the new missions.

People keep rewarding them for failure, and so they are able to continue failing. Funny how that works.
Just curious. I'm a gamer. SC is my main space game because it gives me a lot of fun. I've tried other spaces games (ED, NMS, X4, etc) that gives me less pleasure. How can SC might be a failure for me ? As a gamer that enjoy playing games, I should stop playing it or funding it for which reasons ?

You look at the glass half empty, I look at the glass half full.
Each patch give me more things to do and discover. And almost every patch improve my pleasure. They remove or delay feature B in a patch ? I don't care, the patch still gives me C, D and E + the feature A that was delayed from 2 patches ago. And B will be delivered in another patch if it's just delayed.
For the removed features long ago that are important like salvage, I know they will deliver it one day. I'm patient. And having each patch some new things to do helps to be patient.
For 3.15, I'm eager to use the new healing system and test the new missions.

Just curious. I'm a gamer. SC is my main space game because it gives me a lot of fun. I've tried other spaces games (ED, NMS, X4, etc) that gives me less pleasure. How can SC might be a failure for me ? As a gamer that enjoy playing games, I should stop playing it or funding it for which reasons ?
Waffles are good with cream and hot cherries. We serve it along with coffee. I like my waffles nicely moist. If you can slap your neighbour in the face with them without them breaking (light slap) they're perfect.

Top Bottom