Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Ok, so how do i make it do that without the loadscreen?
Just wait... There's only one transition that qualify's as a loading screen: the hyperspace jump between systems. Once you're in a system, if you're patient enough, you can fly anywhere in normal space.

Granted, most interplanetary trips will take years with even the fastest ship, but flying from a low orbiting station down to the surface of a planet can be done in a few hours, assuming you're patient enough.

Ok, so how do i make it do that without the loadscreen?
And even with Supercruise there is no load screen - you stay in control from space to glide to landing. There are small delays as you negotiate instances, but normally that is sub-second. You'll get used to that - once you get server meshing :)

(As others have said - the main load screen is hyperspace jumps - something else you don't have. Plus I guess SRV / SLF launching and going down from the landing pad, but we don't talk about them as they're not as good as Star Citizen - when your ship doesn't explode :sneaky: )

Just wait... There's only one transition that qualify's as a loading screen: the hyperspace jump between systems. Once you're in a system, if you're patient enough, you can fly anywhere in normal space.

Granted, most interplanetary trips will take years with even the fastest ship, but flying from a low orbiting station down to the surface of a planet can be done in a few hours, assuming you're patient enough.

Could probably do it here in a timeframe measured in hours.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVB4USuYCv8

You lot do realise I have to translate all this complicated dev speak into farming terminology in my head, don't you?

My version of 'server meshing' is leaving the gate open between 2 fields so the cows can walk freely between them rather than me having to open and shut the gate 20 times a day :whistle:
I now have sheep in the field behind my house, the cows are I suspect off to meet the great pie-maker in the sky. sniff.

The sheep wander back and forward through 3 different fields, the farmer has left the 2 gates open. They always seem confused when they do it though, like they think they've arrived somewhere new.

The claim was procedurally generated planets with streaming from full macro scale to micro level surface detail, like a blade of grass, or a man's pupil. seamlessly in a single instance. IE without load screens.

I know games generated planet sized balls in space but i don't know if that ^^^^^ specifically was ever a thing before SC Alpha 3.0, this is what people said was impossible, what people laughed at.

Please don't say ED Horizons, its a disguised loadscreen, its very well done, but a loadscreen, sometimes you can catch it, sometimes that sequence of entering from orbit to surface hangs for a bit, i have seen it hang for 30 seconds before it comes out of "cruse mode" there was a delay or problem loading.

Either way CIG, specifically the Frankfurt studio cracked it in 2015 and put out this little video.

In 2016 this

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI
I missed this yesterday.

Was it a joke?

Right so you're telling me to if i jump in to odyssey right now i can pick any moon, go down to its surface, land there and get out of the ship without using Super Cruise?
Depends what you mean by "any moon". You couldn't jump to a different system without using the fsd, ie loading a new system. But fly from moon 1 to moon 2 in the same system? Yes. But even if they are right next to each other and clearly visible, it takes a long time. Hours.

Depends what you mean by "any moon". You couldn't jump to a different system without using the fsd, ie loading a new system. But fly from moon 1 to moon 2 in the same system? Yes. But even if they are right next to each other and clearly visible, it takes a long time. Hours.

Not just fly, land and get out of my ship without using Cruse Mode, just using thrusters.

He didn't land or get out.
He did land, and it was 2016, there was no Odyssey in 2016.

What video are you watching.

Here is a screengrab, with the landing message "Ship secured" when he has landed.

landed.jpg

What are you trying to prove here mate?

edit - don't be moving those goalposts now, claiming "getting out of the ship" was important :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom