Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Was there a reason SC don't allow characters to log in and out from where they left off? Having ships and items be persistent in the game world is great but having the player character not log back in the same location seems coounter intuitive and immersion breaking.

They're working on it...

(As is traditional, stuff like bed-logging on ships was introduced, worked periodically, and then kind of fell apart. Currently I believe it is mainly not-working).

And re "it is not a scam because I like it" -> there were people who earned money on Madoff's scheme, they also liked it.
I've told this before, but when Charles Ponzi was in jail for his now infamous fraud scheme, people were still sending him money to invest. In the same way there are people sending Crobber money, not to pay the wages of the multiple employees and contractors to finish the game. Or keeping the Crobblers in the style that they are by now soooo accustomed to. No, they think the crap they are buying is going to be worth something and they are going to profit hugely from it. They are greedy, just like every other greedy investor who fell for the bait of a get rich quick scheme.
When it all goes pear-shaped I won't care.

Original post was this:

They pay hundreds of employees to make art assets that are sold through micro transactions (with "micro" carrying a lot of weight here). They are not making any game. What you still have 10 years on is a barely patched together base CE with the demo NPC, demo physics and demo networking (edit: and also the demo player character movement set..). Their latest attempt at adding another layer to the already deep strata of code, PES, interacts so poorly with the core engine that it breaks everything.
And no, adding things to a project code should NEVER break everything, if they do it means the project code is a huge spaghetti monster and must be thrown away. Monolithic architectures tend to become that, every time.
Also about your remark about being able to migrate a DB: that makes one a DBA, not a coder. Also had zero relationship with how to code distributed state management which is an art form.

I guess if you squint so hard that 95% of it disappears, then it just says 'lol bugz bad' ¯\(ツ)/¯

No way would JackFrags play this unless he was getting paid for it. :ROFLMAO:

If it helps, he's not really playing it. He's currently stuck to his seat ;)

(But I'm fine with the rationale that it's something he's tried as his Battlefield streams have tanked. And something he's since stopped doing vids on, because it's such an epic pain to gather footage which isn't just him swearing about things ;))

Was there a reason SC don't allow characters to log in and out from where they left off? Having ships and items be persistent in the game world is great but having the player character not log back in the same location seems coounter intuitive and immersion breaking.

I was honestly expecting him to say he logged back on and the box was still stuck on his arm.
Reason ? Somewhere alongside this saying: "When a Wise Man Points at the Moon, The Fool Looks at the Finger"

Just right now:
IA Dropship...

"I have been told to land there and there I land... I do not have the capacity to decide otherwise... that is how I have been programmed...."

Back
Top Bottom