Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

The proposed SC 1.0 campaign is supposed to be 30 hours long, with 150 missions.
Cops vs pirates?
1.0 is supposed to be like an updated WoW with an SC flavour: A campaign, dungeons, raids, guilds, a player economy etc
Better org tools and a player marketplace? Hooray! It's not going to be as cool as I imagine it.
The ship list is still unclear. Not all concepts will be released, or to gold standard, that much is known.
There's not going to be much use for exploration or science ships, I take it?
Communication between management and devs is increasingly firewalled.
They make that sound like a bad thing. Wasn't the early problem that there was not enough of a (team lead) wall between management and devs?
It has never been great though. Devs learn what other teams are doing from the intrnet more than internal communication.
That's transparent development! Jared could make an internal ISC series.
The engine requires a lot of maintenance. Dozens of issues a day, minimum, have led to a massive rolling backlog over recent years.
But they're going to license Star Engine to other studios and make lots of money, right? Right?
The primary sources of revenue are intended to be ship sales + a subscription.
Subscriptions will decrease all timers and time sinks. CIG say this is not P2W.
The preferred term is "pay for convenience" or "pay to skip".
Claim timers on big ships are intended to be very long. Hours.
Better have more than one large ship, then. Pay 2 skip ;) If only ships could have names to tell them apart...
Idris size ships will be craftable. This will take orgs months to achieve.
Doesn't every org interested in an Idris already have 3? Do they come as a kit?
The Idris is not expected to have an AI crew by 1.0.
Ominous. Can any ships use hired NPC gunners at all?
It's now known internally as the Base Building patch, not the Pyro patch.
RASTAR was supposed be for BB, but after 3 years work it has been cancelled.
That whole editor thing looked oddly out of place. They might have the tools to make it look more like Satisfactory. Hologram, beam, done.
BB would require the new planet tech, server support, tools.
Tech blocked by tech. What else. Planet Tech v5 is coming soon, right?
CIG keep adding things to 4.0. Including Nyx
They did have some city models for Nyx engine-ready at one time. Stanton has jump points to Pyro, Terra and Magnus. Makes up 5 possible systems for 1.0

Seems like a walkback to the original pitch.
The terrm "landing zone" in SC means a planetary starport with unique architecture, I think. I don't see a reason why they would remove their important "land anywhere on a barren planet" feature.

Tech blocked by tech. What else. Planet Tech v5 is coming soon, right?

Citcon soon ;)

Source: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/AoDZ4ALoAfo

The machines just need to learn all of the previous planet techs...

They did have some city models for Nyx engine-ready at one time.

Yeah the Nyx planets sound like they've been close to done for a longggg time. (Although not sure I've heard tell of landing zones being up to scratch / modern Chrissy standards).

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp6FG1Eb1Qw&t=3209s

Fact:
the investors have agreed not to exercise their option to withdraw the money in 2024
Conjecture:
meaning that they're pretty happy with what's going on right now at cig and they want to continue to stay invested
Also, those were the Infatrade shares that would be paid out of backer funds without any benefit to the game, which could have looked bad even to knights

according to the document they're also collecting royalties
Huh? I did not see that. I didn't read the whole thing, though. (Side rant: PDFs with scanned images of printed pages. Did they deliberately make it un-searchable?)
Somehow, everyone making videos on this gets some of the facts wrong, as far as I can tell (I won't try making one).

More Conjecture:
so they're probably pretty happy staying invested so they can continue to collect that money

Fact:

Conjecture:

Also, those were the Infatrade shares that would be paid out of backer funds without any benefit to the game, which could have looked bad even to knights

Huh? I did not see that. I didn't read the whole thing, though. (Side rant: PDFs with scanned images of printed pages. Did they deliberately make it un-searchable?)
Somehow, everyone making videos on this gets some of the facts wrong, as far as I can tell (I won't try making one).

More Conjecture:

From how we read it, it doesn't mean they are happy, it means if they pulled their money CIG doesn't have enough money to pay them everything owed, and CIG would crash.

Yeah the Nyx planets sound like they've been close to done for a longggg time.
I can never tell if Jared sets the devs up intentionally.
"Uhh, we did, like, some work on it, trustme, only a bit more polish, but, uhh, Server Meshing is not ready, so it's not us holding it back! We're blocked by other teams. Ask them!"
(Although not sure I've heard tell of landing zones being up to scratch / modern Chrissy standards).
With a deadline set, that could matter less every day until Rich puts his foot down and sends Chris to go watch a movie. Or "help" Tony in the garden.... propping up the new fountain

Last edited:
Citcon soon ;)

Source: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/AoDZ4ALoAfo

The machines just need to learn all of the previous planet techs...

Yeah the Nyx planets sound like they've been close to done for a longggg time. (Although not sure I've heard tell of landing zones being up to scratch / modern Chrissy standards).

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp6FG1Eb1Qw&t=3209s
Nyx just has Levski on the giant asteroid/planetoid of Delamar (Nyx III) as a landing port as far as I recall...with the rest of the planetary bodies that comprise the Nyx system being mined out husks or derelict orbital stations already abandoned by the big corporations 🤷‍♂️

From my point of view...I'm looking forward to having Levski back...more than Pyro or anything else they add. I practically lived there for years after it was added to Stanton and the PU back in 2016 when the only other player spawn options were Grim Hex or Olisar. Levski was also the first... and only... place back then to have the relative safety of hangars rather than taking your chances on the Kamikaze or ship jacker plagued open landing pads of the other two.

It'll feel like going home for me :)

Last edited:
Nyx just has Levski on the giant asteroid/planetoid of Delamar (Nyx III) as a landing port as far as I recall...with the rest of the planetary bodies that comprise the Nyx system being mined out husks or derelict orbital stations already abandoned by the big corporations 🤷‍♂️

From my point of view...I'm looking forward to having Levski back...more than Pyro or anything else they add. I practically lived there for years after it was added to Stanton and the PU back in 2016 when the only other player spawn options were Grim Hex or Olisar. It'll feel like going home for me :)

Oh hell yeah, forgot Levski was meant to be in Nyx 😁

(Just needs someone to repair that racing track...)

Back when star citizen used to be a spaceship game you could have actual fun playing. Screenshots and gif are from the heady days of 2017/2018, long before killer elevators or the eating and drinking miasma that it's now been turned into :)

fPOgyaQ.png

fa6UKUJ.png

s6iCDic.gif

Last edited:

The racing track was Grim Hex was it not? I can't really remember since the racing thing has never interested me in the slightest, easy to confuse the two though...the difference between Levski and Grimm is that Levski is a (partly) subsurface base on an asteroid whilst Grim Hex is an asteroid with a base in it :unsure:

Delamar and Levski were also gone from Stanton before the recent fad of racing became a thing...or at least officially recognised outside of the occasional Greycat buggy on fire tearing around Olisar. Back then, the only officially recognised E-sport was the stacking of Big Benny machines on the stairwells at Olisar after dragging them from the old derelict Covalex shipping hub :)

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Huh? I did not see that
Yeah, as far as I can see there is no mention of « royalties » anywhere. Although I would be surprised if the investors stayed happy with zero returns after 6+ years.

If there is any such royalties going to investors they would presumably need to be taken from US based revenues as the UK report does not show them.

This in turn would mean CIG has been compensating investors with players money not going to development. If this was the case CIG would have also been hiding it from players as not shown in their own financial blog either. Unless they were including it somewhere within the costs categories.

Odd how I don't see Golgot's comment under Morph's pinned correction unless I set the sort order to "newest". It's probably just Youtube being Youtube.

Yeah it's been invisibled. The YT gods are capricious. (Sometimes that happens to comments under my vids, and it's not on the naughty list or anything. Just mystery zapped on the front end, but visible in the creator tools etc).

I'd imagine Morph might get a ping as it's a direct reply though. Some bonus food for thought for him ;)

Top Bottom