Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

...Here are some juicy bits. Savour or discard as you will :)

• CIG recently announced internally that they are freezing raises, promotions and bonuses, and limiting new hires, for a year.
  • The SC 1.0 plan is considered unachievable by everyone they know.
  • Their first impression was: It looked like early planning for a whole new game, with 2 years to deliver.
  • The engine requires a lot of maintenance. Dozens of issues a day, minimum, have led to a massive rolling backlog over recent years.
  • New hires who have trouble fixing anything promptly leave again.
So, in summary, they're running out of money to deliver something that they know they can't, using an engine not fit for purpose.

Aka Privateer II.

Still. Early days yeah?! Buy an Idris!

Last edited:
Mike is drawing pics of the new SC creatures. I think he should be applying to CiG for a job in creature design :)

1711629244953.png

RL Works too well! Take that haters !

Truly never been done before!

Funny how he talks about fixing the crashes and then restoring the RL, which doesn't actually fix the problem with the RL, and if there is a new thing that causes crashes, the RL will do the same again.

Yeah and/or drum up more investment.

(If they sell the Bengal this year we'll know they're absolutely sweating tho. That's the very last 'emergency break glass' backer-bilking option that's easily to hand...)
The interesting thing to me is that I considered whether people see purchasing ships in the same way as buying mtg cards, in that they hold a value to resell that offsets the cost, however, unlike mtg card collecting, if CIG tanks via whichever means it will, without a running game all the ships bought are basically worthless. And if CIG raised most of its money via ship sales, let's say around $400m, all that value would be wiped out. Tell me again how this isn't a ponzi scheme? I mean, at this point why would you buy the ship that you know is being sold as a last resort, or any for that matter?

Last edited:
Top Bottom