Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Will the new creatures stand on the chairs?
Where there is a problem there is a solution:

creature chair.png

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
« it is so broken that it is very broken »
I think imma take that back and replace it with a much more appropriate and classic:

"The Replication Layer is so good, that it looks bad"

Also:

The Replication layer works so well that it was replicating crashes. So if you crashed the server, the Replication Layer brought you back and you immediately crash it again, and the server would crash in a loop forever. Which is why we were unable to play. So Replication Layer was so gently carressing good that they had to turn it off, apparently. So the next build will likely not have it, and then they'll fix the crashes, and then they'll bring it back.

Without replication layer you can not have servers meshing. But server meshing and the replication layer was precisely the solution proposed to eliminate most of the crashes and instability due to single server entity overload. I mean, you just can not make this stuff up.

Last edited:
Oooh... now that's tempting.... where do I sign up!?

In other news, does anyone want to back my new game:

eW59VtX.jpg

Comming in the fall - 'No Laundry Done'.
You should post most designs. I like to give my unqualified feedback to Starfield ship designs. I definitely see here a mastery in compromise between form and function albeit the nose seems crudely oblique to me. If I had to call a designer to envision "Moray Star Boat" this would be a fine prototype.

I think imma take that back and replace it with a much more appropriate and classic:

"The Replication Layer is so good, that it looks bad"

Also:

Without replication layer you can not have servers meshing. But server meshing and the replication layer was precisely the solution proposed to eliminate most of the crashes and instability due to single server entity overload. I mean, you just can not make this stuff up.
It was only then when he realised the problems weren't what he thought they were. There were problems of another kind. Problems he still couldn't make out because they were impossible. If he denied harder, they would surely go away. As a kid he slept away such problems with the embrace of ultimate ignorance by sleep, but one day he had a nasty encounter with persistency when the problems began cropping up in his dreams.
But now as an adult he had other means to his disposal to forget persistent problems. Much more potent ones...

Top Bottom