Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

So it's not just Master Modes which has broken interdiction etc:

Seems like the new flight mode breaks the Quantum interdiction ship feature:

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2084775679?t=00h27m30s

View attachment 389469

But CIG already snared the money...

Wonder if it's still around to pay for the reworks? ;)

'Server Meshing' has thrown its own wrench in the works too...

We have QED working in an internal CL but it still needs to run through review as it comes with some network challenges (as the timing is very important).

We are pretty close to kick the release build so we cannot guarantee that the QED stuff will make it in time.

What the dampener does is resetting the Quantum Drive spool state which in turn forces you into SCM speed ranges.

Anyways, fingers crossed.

Almost like adding features before your core game is ready is a dumb idea ;)

Morph is very much up for meshing...

After two hours of trying they still hadn't made it to see the animals :/

He survived this ground to ship interface though...

---

(Any chance of a German translation? I'm guessing they're saying: 'Starting quantum travel' / 'For me we are flying into the planet' / 'Oh now we're in space').

Last edited:
Meanwhile, Overdrive is going well...

(Soz, twitch + SC = some excellent Sunday chill ;))

Also...

'Mission Graveyard - How the devs are able to sleep at night is beyond me'

6hyH9T0.png

And the latest CIG non-apologia over how messed up it is:

---

EDIT: Given this core dysfunction is probably affecting their bottom line, it's no wonder CIG are having another go at fixing box missions though ;)

Yep, I was doing the OD missions with my kids (18 & 13). At first we were having fun, but we’ve ran into so many frustrating issues both my kids told me they don’t want to play anymore. I feel like I was torturing them at the end. Just decided to say flip it to the F7A upgrade, not worth the hassle and I lost my crew.

[...] Our ORG said tough crap this AM as they are burned out I guess on folks asking for help.
I'm likely not finishing, and I think my roommate just quit SC forever.
:(
:(

Not looking good. Just asked her and she screamed "I'm playing PALWORLD" at me from her room.

My roommate refunded her F7CMKII this morning. Last I saw her she was looking at the grey market. My guess is she is done.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, Overdrive is going well...

(Soz, twitch + SC = some excellent Sunday chill ;))

Also...

'Mission Graveyard - How the devs are able to sleep at night is beyond me'

6hyH9T0.png

And the latest CIG non-apologia over how messed up it is:

---

EDIT: Given this core dysfunction is probably affecting their bottom line, it's no wonder CIG are having another go at fixing box missions though ;)

lunatics that just keep trying. tried once once friday and gave up. will try again later. but not beating my head against the wall.

That may be so, but why start now after 10 years? Now I am all suspicious, they must have an ulterior motive!

Oh I was being sarcastic about doing things the right way ;)

Pumping out broken cargo cult versions of working MMO missions, while thinking about your broken product as a 'live' one, is a circle of daft ;)

The 'live service' thing has slipped from betwixt their lips many times now though. Ever since Chris's epiphany at Citcon 2018...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqxmonfCwvM&t=103s

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqxmonfCwvM&t=970s

It's definitely how they see it internally.

Last edited:
I do like this fan change-log:

Known Issues changes, 3.23.0_EPTU.9139742 -> 3.23.0_EPTU.9142594:

Added:
+ Server and Client Performance is something we are constantly monitoring and working on fixes and changes for 3.23. Currently we are seeing quite a few issues that are reducing the experience and looking into these.

Removed:
- PU - Performance - Inconsistent frametimes / stuttering during high concurrency due to DatabaseUnloading

From "we think where it comes from" to "actually we don't"' then? I guess that's the whole process behind any bug in this Mess, NPC standing on chairs" being the most representative of it.

Lol, it turns out Morph's partner on this stream was a CIG vehicle dev...

Morph is very much up for meshing...

After two hours of trying they still hadn't made it to see the animals :/

He survived this ground to ship interface though...

---

(Any chance of a German translation? I'm guessing they're saying: 'Starting quantum travel' / 'For me we are flying into the planet' / 'Oh now we're in space').

That explains why they were asset chatting quite soooo much...

This is how their water physics test ended then ;)

Top Bottom