Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

I don't know anything about game development, but, foolish as that may sound, I'd start with the tools FIRST, make sure they actually do what they are supposed to, THEN go to missions and stuff (using placeholders), THEN refine the crap out of everything.
Fear not, Holy Roberts already thought about that!
1606831781589.png

Also Holy Roberts:
1606831849573.png

So, hear me meow: Sort of restart the development! Count from 2020, or from 2021!

came expecting a AAA Polished masterpiece but instead realise now that it is in fact a buggy test platform that isn't nearly ready yet
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/k3zhqm Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/k3zhqm/i_have_been_playing_for_47_hours_and_i_have_come
What FUDstery is this?! If Chris says they didn't spent time on implementing features, and this fellow FUDster says that SC is not polished, where did 9 years go?
1606832188645.png

Last edited:
Brutal.
This week CIG also became the highest valued space video game company (496mil) blowing past Frontier at 360 and CCP at 425 million dollars.
Frontier is now worth $1350mil
My expectations for 2019 is ... The repair, salvage and refuel mechanics. The addition of the second solar system.
Yikes, even given another year (2020) those still haven't been achieved.
PS. Thanks for all the positive rep you dozens of lurkers!
That's quite sad - the post has zero likes 🤷‍♂️

yeah sometimes you try to be funny and you utterly fail. In this case he realized some people might mistake him for an actual whiner and entitled snowflake so he had to "correct it". The problem is that his OP is actually how somebody with exactly that experience would react and word himself. Without the edit I was on the fence on how to take the whole post ^^

Fear not, Holy Roberts already thought about that!

Also Holy Roberts:

So, hear me meow: Sort of restart the development! Count from 2020, or from 2021!

What FUDstery is this?! If Chris says they didn't spent time on implementing features, and this fellow FUDster says that SC is not polished, where did 9 years go?

If some years from now some people cherry pick your comments you can be portrayed as an ultra-fanatical faithful cult-fan easily you know ^^

If some years from now some people cherry pick your comments you can be portrayed as an ultra-fanatical faithful cult-fan easily you know ^^
Being "just another multiplayer game" will be a stelar achievement for Star Citizen already, I m not sure the bar can be lowered even more.
You can lower the bar however you want, SC is so deep it can easily go under bar of any height!!

Pun intended.

Well I'm now involved in smallish software project, how we do it is that we first implement basic functionality, and test and test that it works. After that we bolt on whatever added functionality is needed. And test and test again. And so on untill we have final product. SC's way of doing it seems to me that they try to produce whole lot in complete form at once. Basic fundaments are rotten but somehow they'll just start working when whatever jesustechnology is implemented.
But thats like building a house by working out what youre building and what foundations you need and doing them first. Wheres the fun in that?

yeah sometimes you try to be funny and you utterly fail. In this case he realized some people might mistake him for an actual whiner and entitled snowflake so he had to "correct it". The problem is that his OP is actually how somebody with exactly that experience would react and word himself. Without the edit I was on the fence on how to take the whole post ^^

Me too, but we see what they are really angry and defensive about as there was a clue when they say they were sick of whiners leaving without giving a reason beyond 'the obvious' :)

If its obvious why they are leaving why does this person get so annoyed and defensive? Why not rage at the game for having these obvious reasons? And what exactly is this obvious reason in this posters head?

You can lower the bar however you want, SC is so deep it can easily go under bar of any height!!

It can even go under the ground quite often.

So what has 3.11 added in terms of gameplay to date?

'Improved throw', the removal of a few armistice zones, and a chess set? Think that's about it.

Anyway, an SA goon pored over just how bad the chess is...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQhkYpFeH_8&t=2m07s

• You can hardly differentiate white/black pieces it's more black/grey.
  • The pieces all look basically the same, you can't tell which is the rook/knight/bishop/king/queen all look almost identical but are just slightly taller in that order.
  • You have to manually pick up each piece and place it on the board, it's very difficult to see which piece you are selecting and where you're placing it.
  • If you take a piece outside the ship and set it down it will despawn and appear back on the board. But if you take a piece and throw it from within the ship to outside the ship it will despawn but not appear back on the board.
  • The only way to reset the chess board (without manually placing each piece) is to store and retrieve your ship. Sleeping/logging off also resets the board.

So there it is. Update to 3.11.1, buy a $270 MSR, and you can play a very bad game of chess...

Is there a reason this has never been done this way before? It's... I feel there's a reason....

Maybe you should have a word with the players who have been stuck on planets in their SRV's then, once your ship is gone you don't get out. I look forward to your video evidence from blowing up your own ship while in an SRV and then getting it back by logging to non-horizons.

I think you are confusing players getting blown up in thier SRV versus thier ship getting blown up.

No, I'm not getting the two mixed up.

Last time I encountered it was early horizons, where I blew someones ship up on the ground whilst they were pottering in an SRV.

As I say, they logged out of horizons and back into a 'vanilla' elite install using the launcher and were back in space above the planet in their ship.

̶w̶̶h̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶l̶̶w̶̶a̶̶y̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶o̶̶o̶̶n̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶t̶̶e̶̶r̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶o̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶x̶̶t̶̶r̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶i̶̶l̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶u̶̶t̶̶t̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶e̶̶a̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶f̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶i̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶e̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶?̶ I was expecting the chess mini-game to have whacked rules and no persistance but this is equally hilarious. Looking past the mini-game chess board this series of demonstration proves how "early" development really is or how many things SC devs didnt or dont consider when they come up with stuff.

Funny bugs often help with the pointing and laughing but many of them reveal serious issues underneath that are not easy or impossible to fix. The white knights usually dont make that leap of thought but only concentrate on the ridicule. Well the world doesnt have to be "polite" or "sensitive" for reality to make a statement. And as history shows all the laughs and mockings from 5 years ago seemed to be true or unfixed today

edit: replied before watching. The "goon" threw me off but this could just as well ve been any backer. Just somebody who takes the testing seriously and is looking for more than just nice pictures and fluff

Last edited:
SaltEMike said they added a "working" chess board but the game does not know or use the rules of chess. It's just movable pieces.

ps: Thank you to all you lurkers who liked this post!
A classic (with the use of present tense): while the word is quite heavily used by The Visionaire faithful tend to forget the "sort of" in their sentences.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
You dont even need to know much of anything about anything. If, after having been sitting in a restaurant for four hours I still haven't received an appetizer I dont need to know how they are working on designing the best stove on the planet, how they are incredibly ambitious when it comes to cutlery and how they will ramp up dish-development once they get the electricity going. You said you'd be with me shortly yet hours later my plate is still empty? Go fiddle a donkey you incompetent loser. :p

No, no, you do not understand! Some patrons voted to change the apetizer in the menu to make it the BDAE, and that takes time you silly goose. You decided to stay in the restaurant after that so it is all on you mate! 🤪

Top Bottom