Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

No real comment on this except to say its been clear for years CIG are going for second life in space, so unless you are willing to really live into the verse you're going to get less out of it.

Some interesting comment

Got a giggle out of the meme

I get the feeling though that some people are still way too optimistic about when this game will be in a releasable form.

CIG's annual burn rate is in the tens of millions. They are now spending annually somewhere in the region of what they said they could deliver the game plus all stretch goals for.

Happy Holidays to all backers and FUDsters!
1609167375108.png

It is.
It's just that in CiG-land JIRA doesn't mean what you usually use the abbreviation for. I think the fullness of it in CiG-land is: Junior Intern's Roaring Asp.
No, it's A New Lakon Ship. And if you wonder how I got that from JIRA, then you clearly don't understand game development $-)

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I starting to have some deja vu experiences now o_O

Yeah, but only one of those is the BDSSE.

…above all, it's not a roadmap. It's just a progress tracker that — since this is CI¬G — will not track progress in any meaningful way, and certainly not predict any of it.

Oh, and remember: Jake isn't just a fanboy. He was part of INN, which was the totally definitely very organic community creation of a different Jake who also happened to be an online brand manager who had some kind of vague contract with CI¬G in the early years.
So...he's a Ci¬G office boy then? :D

I think that was his plan all along. Reel us in with tons of criticisms to SC and then go for the kill pledge maker with his well earned reputation praising the game! Buy an idris now! 😋
I'm sure the normal Mole service will return in due course...give it time, I haven't lost vast amounts of credits to 30k's yet...I have plenty of gripes, believe me...the trade terminals not working, unclaimable ships at ASOP terminals, ships despawning at outpost landing pads as you exit them...the pigs rear of the personal inventory system that takes upward of 30 seconds to get anything out of due to server lag, spawning into the game with no helmet, pressing the helmet on/off button has a 30 second delay due to server lag...and don't let me forget my pet hate, the clusterfarce of eating and drinking...

Besides, If all I did was criticise Star Citizen...even when some hard pressed devs at Ci¬G occasionally get something right, I could just as well be any of you lot ;)

Last edited:
Ci¬G should have just hired Odysseus to do their new roadmap...the only roadmap of note for some considerable time :)

Roadmaps aside, since it won't survive the January focus group meeting where everything shamelessly touted and lied about for a 2021 inclusion is removed from it and replaced with content that merely supplies the marketing and ship sales projections...C2/M2 Hercules anyone?

Last edited:
Ci¬G should have just hired Odysseus to do their new roadmap...the only roadmap of note for some considerable time :)

Indeed, as a roadmap goes its a lot more readable than what CIG have made with its all its montone colours and expandable rows which makes it really hard to get a good overview of what is coming when.

What CIG's roadmap is really good for is hiding when things get pushed back. Unless you are continuously diving into it and checking things its going to be hard to see when CIG move stuff.

Odysseus' roadmap makes it very easy to compare.

Indeed, as a roadmap goes its a lot more readable than what CIG have made with its all its montone colours and expandable rows which makes it really hard to get a good overview of what is coming when.

What CIG's roadmap is really good for is hiding when things get pushed back. Unless you are continuously diving into it and checking things its going to be hard to see when CIG move stuff.

Odysseus' roadmap makes it very easy to compare.
I used to have some screenshots of the old Ci¬G gantt chart roadmaps from 2016/2017 which look eerily similar in construction and content to the newfangled effort...more importantly, I look on them as a reliable prediction as to where this new/old roadmap will inevitably end up at some point next year...The new Jesus-tech feature of icache isn't going to be online next year, not by a long chalk...which means that the rather imaginatively hinted at systems and content that (according to popular myth) rely on it also won't be there. All we'll get besides the usual pointless filler content, refactors and re-colouring of pixels will be more ships.

Ci¬G should just cut to the chase and make a roadmap to the disappearance of the current roadmap :D

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
The prediction from @Zaphod Hawke about what CIG would deliver by December 2020:

To be fair, I also thought CIG could not afford to miss the SQ42 deadline for 2020, after all the failures to deliver in multiple announced timelines and now with investors in the picture, this one had to be fulfilled. Alas, I could not imagine the level of incompetence by CIG, and backers mercy, was this big.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom