Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Ahahahahahah.... People, people, forget all the usual comedic star citizen talking points for now, and watch this video about the apparent incompetence that star citizen creators displayed about the game lore, let's laugh at the similarity in incompetency with everything else involved about this project and maybe discuss it here.

Source: https://youtu.be/j2PGjGFrFZI

Last edited:
Ahahahahahah.... People, people, forget all the usual comedic star citizen talking points for now, and watch this video about the apparent incompetence that star citizen creators displayed about the game lore, let's laugh at the similarity in incompetency with everything else involved about this project and maybe discuss it here.

Source: https://youtu.be/j2PGjGFrFZI
I must admit this has always bugged me about SC. Unlike ED (which is well thought out) SC lore and background felt like a history salad.

Aunt,

What you just did there with

this poopoo Morgan Freeman.jpg

--- is why you personally will NEVER get nice things (aka freebies like NASA supercomputers to run the game) from CR in the Verse.....:ROFLMAO:

I haven't spoken to my Auntie Idris in ages, should give her a ring.......
Do you expect her to Answer The Call?
If miracle happens, please do call Chris too. Tell him that we expect his slacking to be compensated somehow starting next weekend. And if he can't keep his performance up, he should file PTO.

I must admit this has always bugged me about SC. Unlike ED (which is well thought out) SC lore and background felt like a history salad.
I never paid attention to that side of the game, it was an utter hilarity seeing the political and military emblems they gave to the UEE there, such generic uninspiring crap that looks like designed by a 7 years old, same thing with the whole UEE government and it's officials descriptions, "high secretary/general/advocate" what lmao, someone was high when creating these lore.

speaking of which, whatever happened to the alien language and linguist thing? did anything concrete come from it?

and what's the status of squadron 42 as of today? also what are people talking about in here nowdays?

I never paid attention to that side of the game, it was an utter hilarity seeing the political and military emblems they gave to the UEE there, such generic uninspiring crap that looks like designed by a 7 years old, same thing with the whole UEE government and it's officials descriptions, "high secretary/general/advocate" what lmao, someone was high when creating these lore.

speaking of which, whatever happened to the alien language and linguist thing? did anything concrete come from it?

and what's the status of squadron 42 as of today? also what are people talking about in here nowdays?

Said it before, and i'll say it again. Chris is the boy who never grew up. (eg: I'll create the best damn space sim ever, all i need is time and money).

Remember when you were a kid and came up with sci-fi/fantasy worlds. Maybe it was just in your head. Maybe it was for D&D sessions. Maybe you thought you would write a book or a comic.

Looking back you probably think "oh boy, that was horrible. I gave no thought to coherence of the lore or avoiding tropes. It was so derivative."

CR still thinks that doggerel like that is cool and his narcissism won't allow any criticism of it, either external or internal.

Oooh, funding has hit a spike. Apparently some people don't have enough green ships from previous years' St Patrick's Day sales.

Half a million in one day.

Its things like this that make me want to see CIG collapse. Not for those who are just hoping for a good space game and willing to overlook CIG's issues, i can cut those people some slack. But for those who have spent thousands of dollars on spaceships. I want to see their faces and reactions. Those who will try and justify it with "well, at least we tried" and those who will be in horror at all the money they spent.

Back
Top Bottom