Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

You maybe get confused a bit 30k per server is totally normal...he talking about players per instance....
I am not confused, I am talking about Star Citizen't here :D
1606805544309.png

SC can't have 100 players in the server, straight from the devs.

30001 player be like:
1606805151295.png

Despite nearly a decade of development, absolutely oodles of cash, and the logical and physical impossibility of this state - Star Citizen somehow manages to only be half a hole.
1606806290483.png

And if there's one thing CIG are good at, it's digging big holes for themselves.
“I have decided to catch a Whale.”
Christopher nodded his head several times as he said this, and waited for Sandi to say “How?” or “Christopher, you couldn't!” or something helpful of that sort, but Sandi said nothing. The fact was Sandi was wishing that she had thought about it first.
“I shall do it,” said Christopher, after waiting a little longer, “by means of a trap. And it must be a Cunning Trap, so you will have to help me, Sandi.” “Christopher,” said Sandi, feeling quite happy again now, “I will.” And then she said, “How shall we do it?” and Christopher said, “That's just it. How?” And then they sat down together to think it out. Christopher's first idea was that they should dig a Very Deep Pit, and then the Whale would come along and fall into the Pit, and—
https://winnie-the-pooh.bib.bz/chapter-5-in-which-piglet-meets-a-heffalump
—and it worked.

Last edited:
SaltEMike asking an important question

I presume he will have a call in on the topic soon, he usually does these follow ups, might be interesting to listen to.

One funny statement: "Make it black and yellow, and test squadron buys it, and they meet their goals for the month" :D

One thing that stood out for me, that came from one of SC's videos is this, in relation to the Star Runner:

The server room, when data running comes online, its going to be one of the busiest hubs of this ship. Its going to have a lot of busy bee activity going on, running around changing server racks, trying to get the data you're specifically looking for

I mean, how can anyone actually swallow this guff? Busiest hub on the ship? Like, there are going to be dozens of people on the ship at once? Haven't half the community bought this? Won't they be flying their own? What will these people do 99% of the time while the ship is flying around (in CIG's words, standing in the cafe area discussing their plans for the current mission... which will basically boil down to pilot flies to destination, someone runs, grabs what is needed, ship takes off again to make delivery... the other people... nothing to do).

What the hell do they mean by changing server racks? Why? Why do they even need changing? How many people and how long will this actually take?

Its 100% pure guff and its likely none of this will happen, and if it does happen, it won't be anything like he's describing here. It will be walk over, press a button, watch animation, done.

EDIT: I mean, its things like this that leads to people calling it a scam. They are selling backers on things that will never actually come true, and either the devs know its not going to happen or they are deluded as the most faithful backers.

Last edited:
I'm a bit worried. If one day by chance IGC exceeds 100 players per server, some here will have a heart attack.
If I know about it before you, I will prepare the news by diluting it. Something like "hey guys, CIG has done some tests with 60 players" then 70, etc.
It will still be painful but there should be fewer deaths.

I am also thinking about how to announce the second system when it is ready. It's going to be tricky.

I'm a bit worried. If one day by chance IGC exceeds 100 players per server, some here will have a heart attack.
If I know about it before you, I will prepare the news by diluting it. Something like "hey guys, CIG has done some tests with 60 players" then 70, etc.

I am also thinking about how to announce the second system when it is ready. It's going to be tricky.

It's ok man, CIG softened the blow when they trialled 60 players back in January and then quickly reversed it ;)

And don't you worry, there'll be much glee here when CIG manage to add a second system 8 years after kickstarter....

(Especially if it has compromised or messed up instancing ;))

Last edited:

Remember when they increased the limit to 60 and had to roll it back? Fun times.

Sure, they might get there one day. 100 people on a server. I'm sure they will add Pyro eventually.

But its all a far cry from the promised 110 systems that backers paid for 8 years ago and thousands of players in an instance with a NPC to player ratio of 100:1.

I'd love to see SC running with 100 players and 10,000 NPCs running on a single server.

Craith

Volunteer Moderator

I'll be happy if they do. I'd be even more happy if they did at least the basic promised from when I backed the kickstarter, like VR, 100 systems, coop Squadron 42 leading to the shared universe; a bit more stable than now and I'd be fine, even with a 50 per system maximum. I could even live with the barebone turrets in space "flight" model.

I have realised a few years back that I won't get anything of those promised things, so now I just keep my small ship and hope to get at least something playable out of it at some point. At least I get the macabre fun out of watching the trainwreck of project-mismanagement happening. I've wasted money on less fun things.

So you will be willing to accept what we doubters knew all along, that there is nothing special about Star Citizen. No magic server tech, no tens of thousands of players in an instance, it's just another multiplayer game? You are certainly lowering the bar with your comment.

Yes, yes, you're right into it. Wish the heart attack onto the infidels. That is the heavenly punishment for denying the creed. Day of Recklning cant come soon enough.

Meanwhile we giggle imagining the gnashing of teeth when that day turns out to never come.

Yeah because current build struggling while still at 50 cap because of an event (how is that by the way? outside the event players are a couple or two by server or what?!?) is a proof they'll be able to manage 100 or more concurrent players.

Yeah because current build struggling while still at 50 cap because of an event (how is that by the way? outside the event players are a couple or two by server or what?!?) is a proof they'll be able to manage 100 or more concurrent players.

The event has been a great success, and demonstrated the game's robust nature

Source: https://i.imgur.com/XXvhOd3.mp4

It's not another hack awkwardly shoved into the game purely to sell ships, honest ;)

So you will be willing to accept what we doubters knew all along, that there is nothing special about Star Citizen. No magic server tech, no tens of thousands of players in an instance, it's just another multiplayer game? You are certainly lowering the bar with your comment.
I just keep the bare minimum about numbers here and try not talking too much about the far future of the game. Some techs are missing and will come one day. I don't know how they will change the game and it's characteristics so I don't talk about it.

Yes, yes, you're right into it. Wish the heart attack onto the infidels. That is the heavenly punishment for denying the creed. Day of Recklning cant come soon enough.
I wish nothing, it's just a joke. Keep cool :)

I just keep the bare minimum about numbers here and try not talking too much about the far future of the game. Some techs are missing and will come one day. I don't know how they will change the game and it's characteristics so I don't talk about it.
Very apt as you have only pledged the bare minimum to the cause, maybe you don't have as much faith in this as you make out. How are you so sure missing tech will come one day? It's been coming for years and yet is still nowhere to be seen.

SaltEMike asking an important question
SaltEMike said:
Game still making millions ?
Fixed it!

Remember when they increased the limit to 60 and had to roll it back? Fun times.

Sure, they might get there one day. 100 people on a server. I'm sure they will add Pyro eventually.
Who do I believe? Sean Tracy, one of SC devs, or LittleAnt, fellow anonymous internet dude?
1606815824633.png

Top Bottom