Steam Summer Sale 2019

If anyone likes turn-based combat games the likes of XOM etc, the entire Shadowrun collection is on sale for 18$. Wasteland 2 is on sale as well for 13$. Expeditions: Viking for 12$, Banner Saga 3 for 12.5$ and the entire Banner Saga trilogy for 19$.

Last edited:
Civ VI for $20 sounds ok, but then I see the growing list of DLC which half should be freebies, and I say "no".
Might be changing my mind.

Last edited:
Can't figure out not to starve in Don't Starve, lol. So I bought the Theresa DLC thing for Kingdom Come and started new playthrough. Stopped the last one when I realised dog companion is behind DLC-paywall. This time I'll try to stick to axe. Swords are nice and all. Nice moves, too - but let's face it - I'm a blunt person 1v1. For finesse I take bow.

Turn-based space 4X fans, the whole Galactic Civilizations franchise is now on sale at huge discounts. Same for the Endless Space franchise.

Last edited:
I have Kingdom Come Deliverance in my library since it released but still haven't gotten around to playing it. Do any of you who have delved in haven an opinion on the value of the dlc and what it adds to the vanilla experience? It's all on sale, and though I know I'll play KCD some day soon, I hate to buy the dlc and end up not liking the base game enough to care. It does look awfully good from the videos I've watched.

I have Kingdom Come Deliverance in my library since it released but still haven't gotten around to playing it. Do any of you who have delved in haven an opinion on the value of the dlc and what it adds to the vanilla experience? It's all on sale, and though I know I'll play KCD some day soon, I hate to buy the dlc and end up not liking the base game enough to care. It does look awfully good from the videos I've watched.

I loved KCD, one of my favorite games in several years.

However, the quality of the DLCs varies greatly...

• From the ashes is very meh, let's you build a village for the sole purpose of building a village but feels like a game within a game, very little (if any) connection ot the rest of the game, no interesting quests added...The bits were you need to settle disputes are fun, but for on it's own doesn't justify puchasing the DLC.
  • Treasures of the Past is another meh. You get some treasure maps that lead to loot. Completely passable.
  • Band of s on the other hand is nice, new quests, new good characters, new tough fights, entertaining. This one feels like a worthwhile DLC.
  • The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon is not bad, but no big deal either. Feels like cut content that was restored.
  • A woman's lot I still haven't played, but according to people's opinions, it looks like it is, together with Band of s, the only DLC worth buying,

Only got the woman's lot. It's quite OK. Dog gets quite in the way but can be useful when hunting - which I like doing. Story wise is short - there is another story bit to play as Johanka which I dint get to yet. The night after the Raid on Skalitz with Theresa was a highlight - very atmospheric.

I'm a huge Civ 4 fan.
I really disliked the changes that came with Civ 5. Tried to like it many times.
Civ 6; I'm really enjoying it, played the whole 3 day weekend, messing around with different maps and civs, it's what civ 5 should have been.
Hopefully it has staying power.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Well I'm almost done with Star Control Origins, so I might have to look at what else is on sale. ;)

(As an aside, those Scryve Juggernauts are waaaaay OP in SCO. I mean, really.... they're juggernauts, but they turn on a dime, are fast, and can shoot a death ray halfway across the combat area.)

I'm a huge Civ 4 fan.
I really disliked the changes that came with Civ 5. Tried to like it many times.
Civ 6; I'm really enjoying it, played the whole 3 day weekend, messing around with different maps and civs, it's what civ 5 should have been.
I'd also rate Civ6 over Civ5. Far better actually, tho I never bought any DLC for 5. But you shouldn't really need DLC to make a game good.

Anyone unsure about TW Warhammer 2? I can recommend it. Either Vampire Coast or Tomb Kings are excellent expansion, but base game also offers decent variety. Probably more than the nnew TW from what I hear.

I'm a huge Civ 4 fan.

Civ 6 has interesting district mechanics, but AI is broken beyond belief. I clocked loads of hours into Civ, Steam shows 500+ hours for Civ 5. Cov 6 got uninstalled after a dozen or so.

To fix my strategy game needs, I bought Hearts of Iron IV - but it's a long way learning to properly play it!

Found myself with €15 in vouchers thanks to an absurdly high points limit for some reason, so picked up AC Odyssey Gold for €25 in the end. Bit of a blind bet because I despise how "loud" Ubi design can be (I love Steep, but sheesh, you can't slide 3m without some Ubipoint thingie popping up) and grew out of the Knight Templar conspiracies, but it looks absolutely gorgeous and it's apparently possible to play it as a more or less pure ancient Greece RPG. I was just a bit flabbergasted at the discovery that you apparently can't use a shield. So much for the iconography...

Top Bottom