Summer 2024 DLC Speculation

honestly the most controversial pack theme that ever had a chance of happening was a domestics pack outside of that an all exhibit pack, a pack dedicated to either all monkeys or all reptiles would also be quite controversial.
fantasy and extinct just wouldnt be popular the extinct animals people are already spread between prehistoric kingdom and Jurassic world and fantasy just doesnt seem like it would have too much of an audiences so while they are controversial they wouldnt the first half of the statement.

There are plenty of controversial animals / topics such as people not wanting rhinos, crocodilians, montiors, african ungulates in general and the manatee
I think what makes the manatee controversial is that it keeps coming up as sort of a special treatment animal seperate from other aquatics, not that people dont want it.

I think what makes the manatee controversial is that it keeps coming up as sort of a special treatment animal seperate from other aquatics, not that people dont want it.
It gets the special treatment because it's one of the very few full on aquatic mammal species that is not overly controversial in media.

We've known for a long while now that you don't technically need a full on new habitat system nor really have to completely overhaul the habitat system to allow full on aquatic species, the technical hurdles are certainly much much smaller than having full blown free flying aviaries; but when it comes to orcas, dolphins, etc. keeping them in captivity regardless of what side you are on is controversial.

Let this for the love of all things good and pure not be a starting point for a whole discussion on the ethics around keeping cetaceans in captivity, but we just have to acknowledge that the topic is controversial and even if it's just a game, it just is a PR nightmare when it comes to socials. Nobody wants to deal with endless streams of fighting between the two very vocal groups on YouTube videos, Facebook/Instagram/Twitter posts etc. So that might be the biggest reason why Frontier has not added such animals in the game.

Which loops us back to the manatee. It's possible from a technical standpoint (we've gotten bigger reworks to existing mechanics before) and it's for some reason the least controversial fully aquatic mammal species out there, so that's why it's considered one of these ofshoot animals.

Do I think Frontier will add them? Most likely not. But I do understand that it is different from other animals like cetaceans.

1000012182.jpg

1000012183.gif

Something I find curious is that they haven't announced the new game yet. I kinda assumed they would do a similar planning as in the past with the end of planet coaster & start of planet zoo.
Planet Zoo was announced end of april
Planet Coaster had their last DLC in june
Planet Zoo was released in november

If the new game isn't announced in the next month, I think they might not release it this year but in spring 2025, which would also higher the chance of still getting more than one DLC pack for Planet Zoo. If the new game is announced next month, I assume we get one last DLC for Planet Zoo and that's it.

Something I find curious is that they haven't announced the new game yet. I kinda assumed they would do a similar planning as in the past with the end of planet coaster & start of planet zoo.
Planet Zoo was announced end of april
Planet Coaster had their last DLC in june
Planet Zoo was released in november

If the new game isn't announced in the next month, I think they might not release it this year but in spring 2025, which would also higher the chance of still getting more than one DLC pack for Planet Zoo. If the new game is announced next month, I assume we get one last DLC for Planet Zoo and that's it.
Its definitely coming this year. Frontier said so.

If they gave us a manatee, it'd just open up a heap of trouble. Because then there'll be demands for more marine animals, possibly to the point of requesting things that are impossible like oceanic sharks and deep sea dwellers (just my opinion)

Just watch. Frontier will give us a 12 species habitat pack quite literally called the "Final Frontier Worldwide Exploration This Is It Development Is Over" pack with 7 animals from the meta wishlist top 10 plus 5 random ones a little further down the list (including the manatee). Plus a new "exhibit" type (aviary) with five species of birds.

...And people will still be insisting that because they added a fully aquatic species to the game that there's more coming.

I'm pretty agnostic as far as the manatee goes. It would be a cool, fun addition that could have positive implications for modding other fully aquatic creatures. But I also think the game is fine without it. But I do think including it in a pack would open up the doors for a cavalcade of "aviaries are coming"-style comments like we got when they first introduced the walk-through exhibits... I don't think that would necessarily hold them back from it. But it's still something to consider.

Just watch. Frontier will give us a 12 species habitat pack quite literally called the "Final Frontier Worldwide Exploration This Is It Development Is Over" pack with 7 animals from the meta wishlist top 10 plus 5 random ones a little further down the list (including the manatee). Plus a new "exhibit" type (aviary) with five species of birds.

...And people will still be insisting that because they added a fully aquatic species to the game that there's more coming.

I'm pretty agnostic as far as the manatee goes. It would be a cool, fun addition that could have positive implications for modding other fully aquatic creatures. But I also think the game is fine without it. But I do think including it in a pack would open up the doors for a cavalcade of "aviaries are coming"-style comments like we got when they first introduced the walk-through exhibits... I don't think that would necessarily hold them back from it. But it's still something to consider.
Could Happen. But I am convinced that this will not be that Case with The next DLC 🙂

Top Bottom