Idea since why not
Ecosystem Animal Pack
. Secretary Bird (Savannah)
. Goodfellow’s Tree Kangaroo (Island)
. Hamadryas Baboon (Desert)
. SA Coati (Rainforest)
. Spectacled Bear (Mountain)
. Geoffrey’s Spider Monkey (Arboreal)
. Short-beaked Echidna (Temperate Forest)
. Muskox (Arctic)
. Gray Crowned Crane (Wetland)
. Golden Lion Tamarin WTE (Arboreal)

Idea since why not
Ecosystem Animal Pack
. Secretary Bird (Savannah)
. Goodfellow’s Tree Kangaroo (Island)
. Hamadryas Baboon (Desert)
. SA Coati (Rainforest)
. Spectacled Bear (Mountain)
. Geoffrey’s Spider Monkey (Arboreal)
. Short-beaked Echidna (Temperate Forest)
. Muskox (Arctic)
. Gray Crowned Crane (Wetland)
. Golden Lion Tamarin WTE (Arboreal)

It is a good idea - but reckon they would follow the 'in-game' biomes. So:

Aquatic
Desert
Grassland
Taiga
Temperate
Tropical
Tundra

There are 7 too...

It is a good idea - but reckon they would follow the 'in-game' biomes. So:

Aquatic
Desert
Grassland
Taiga
Temperate
Tropical
Tundra

There are 7 too...
I did 10 because it would be a final pack, and just assigned biomes to animals at the top of the wishlist
For your setup it could be

. Gray Crowned Crane
. Hamadryas Baboon
. Secretary Bird
. Spectacled Bear
. Short-beaked Echidna
. Goodfellow’s Tree Kangaroo
. Muskox
. Golden Lion Tamarin WTE

Its worth noting that since we now know more than 1 pack will come in 2024, this means that our assumption on the financial report of only getting packs for FY24 was wrong, so I think the more probable situation was it trying to say "there will be support in FY25, just not through all of it."

I honestly think that we could be seeing 1 or 2 more packs, both with good reasoning.
For the Summer being the last, it would let them focus on the new game in the second half of the year, as well as having the extra time to make those new rigs and animations for meta wishlist animals like baboon and tree roo, using the extra time from the Barnyards pack.
On the other hand, if they make 2 more packs, they can get to 200 animals a lot easier (7 + 7 or 5 + 8) instead of having 13 in one pack, they can celebrate the 5th anniversary which is a pretty big milestone just to skip, and the profits always seem to be greater near holiday time.

So based on the 3 "hinted at" dictionary animals as well as the rest from the meta, I could see them doing a finale pack with like the top 5 from the meta, a couple wildcards and some scenery, OR A Savanna/Safari animal pack in the Summer combining India, Africa and SA (rhea, baboon, blackbuck, secretary) and a global wrap up pack near December. Slightly more leaning towards Summer ending it, but it could go either way.

Last edited:
Isn't the 1st time it's happened. We get the same type of message after every DLC. People thought that Eurasia was the last pack; we got Barnyard.

Been like this for many years. Didn't some believe that 2022 was the last years of support, basing it off of the fact that PlanCo and JWE only got 2/3 years of support? We're already going into year 5
For JWE2, speculation of the end times coming has been solid ever since the end of year 1 (ending with a JP 30th Anniversary expansion last year was a pretty popular theory for a while, with JWE1 lasting 1.5 years).

They can keep going with Planet Zoo as long as they think it'll be profitable. With new DLCs not being part of the Season Pass on console, I'd expect it to be profitable for a while, pretty safely till end of year.

Has Anyone Suggested A Gondwana Animal Pack Yet? It Covers Secretary Bird, Hamadryas Baboon, Goodfellow's Tree Kangaroo, Short-beaked Echidna, Lord Howe Island Stick Insect, Spectacled Bear, American Flamingo And, Honey Badger. Gondwana Was A Massive Supercontinent Which Contained All Of The Southern Hemisphere Plus India.
Gondwana is very much a prehistoric concept, perfect for a JWE, not that relevant to PZ. Fundamentally it's not far off from a World pack, just two continents off (potentially only one, with American Flamingos and quite a few alternatives being also North American). You're also missing Antarctica there.

Arabia and places like Lebanon are part of Gondwana as well, being attached to Africa at the time (Lebanese Amber in particular is the primary representative amber for Cretaceous Gondwana).

Its worth noting that since we now know more than 1 pack will come in 2024, this means that our assumption on the financial report of only getting packs for FY24 was wrong, so I think the more probable situation was it trying to say "there will be support in FY25, just not through all of it."

I honestly think that we could be seeing 1 or 2 more packs, both with good reasoning.
For the Summer being the last, it would let them focus on the new game in the second half of the year, as well as having the extra time to make those new rigs and animations for meta wishlist animals like baboon and tree roo, using the extra time from the Barnyards pack.
On the other hand, if they make 2 more packs, they can get to 200 animals a lot easier (7 + 7 or 5 + 8) instead of having 13 in one pack, they can celebrate the 5th anniversary which is a pretty big milestone just to skip, and the profits always seem to be greater near holiday time.

So based on the 3 "hinted at" dictionary animals as well as the rest from the meta, I could see them doing a finale pack with like the top 5 from the meta, a couple wildcards and some scenery, OR A Savanna/Safari animal pack in the Summer combining India, Africa and SA (rhea, baboon, blackbuck, secretary) and a global wrap up pack near December. Slightly more leaning towards Summer ending it, but it could go either way.
genuinely i feel like we will see packs until Christmas (summer, autumn, winter) plus final anniversary gift and thats a wrap

In the past, those presentations have been vague and just said "more support is coming in FY2X" or whatever. There's no reason they couldn't have just done that if that was the plan. I think the more likely scenario is that they just simply downplayed it in that presentation... Announcing more PDLC would be like announcing they found coins in the couch cushions compared to what a new game would bring in revenue-wise. So I get it from that angle.

But I don't think that strategy worked. Which honestly might be why they mentioned there was another DLC coming so publicly. Less for the players and more about the bottom line. Either way... I'm glad we got the info and I hope they're similarly transparent in the future if there's anything new! That next financial report could be a fun one...

I honestly have no idea what to expect. Logically, any of this could make sense. But I think I'm leaning more toward a single final pack with a similar amount of content that you're suggesting across two packs (and similar content, actually; I think all the species you've suggested are very likely except for the greater rhea). But I would anticipate it more toward the fall than in the summer. June just feels too soon...

Then again, if they announce a new game in May? June would make perfect sense. Announce the new game, end Planet Zoo shortly thereafter, and put all the focus moving forward on the upcoming title. They still have the PZ console DLC getting released every two months and you can just put PZ PC on-sale around the holidays to pump those sales along with whatever new title they have.

Man, this is exciting!

Then again, if they announce a new game in May? June would make perfect sense. Announce the new game, end Planet Zoo shortly thereafter, and put all the focus moving forward on the upcoming title. They still have the PZ console DLC getting released every two months and you can just put PZ PC on-sale around the holidays to pump those sales along with whatever new title they have.
So, exactly what happened with Planet Coaster.

Has Anyone Suggested A Gondwana Animal Pack Yet? It Covers Secretary Bird, Hamadryas Baboon, Goodfellow's Tree Kangaroo, Short-beaked Echidna, Lord Howe Island Stick Insect, Spectacled Bear, American Flamingo And, Honey Badger. Gondwana Was A Massive Supercontinent Which Contained All Of The Southern Hemisphere Plus India.
I know for a fact bears and the honey badger are not from gondwana I also think primates arent originally from there either but not too sure on that. When they joined the northern hemisphere decided to conquer the world so especially in africa and south america most current animals as invasive in origin not from the original gondwana set and there is next to no chance we get another pack without a carnivoran or ungulate.

I know for a fact bears and the honey badger are not from gondwana I also think primates arent originally from there either but not too sure on that. When they joined the northern hemisphere decided to conquer the world so especially in africa and south america most current animals as invasive in origin not from the original gondwana set and there is next to no chance we get another pack without a carnivoran or ungulate.
Primates originally evolved in north america of all places.
I think the gondwana theme is just intended as essentially southern hemisphere pack, not thinking to deep about it

About a final DLC in June, I don't like to make assumptions about how many DLCs we are left, but I'm preeeetty sure we are not going to have a final bigger-than-usual pack in June. It's too soon after Barnyard pack at the end of April. If we get a pack in June it's going to be another low-mid tier DLC which is not going to be the final one.
My bet is we aren't getting any new pack before late August, as the peak of the summer doesn't look a good time for launching anything new. Then that pack maybe it's bigger than usual, and that would be a decent sign of final DLC, or maybe not.

Can't we all just stick to our own beliefs, if anyone wants to believe the game is ending after the next dlc by all means go ahead.
The only problem is those beliefs are preventing a lot of people from enjoying the recent packs. Being so sure the next pack is going to be the final one, and then they announce it but it doesn't have the animals you wanted in the game, you get mad because it was your last chance. Those beliefs became a lot of backlash for Eurasia and Barnyard packs. That kind of bad reactions to every new DLC isn't good for the mood in the forums, is unfair for the developers, and is ironically lowering the chances of new DLCs coming... A bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

My bet is we aren't getting any new pack before late August, as the peak of the summer doesn't look a good time for launching anything new.
But wouldn’t it make sense to launch it before the summer like early July, cause then a bunch of students have the summer off so it would be a good time to launch something, right?

The only problem is those beliefs are preventing a lot of people from enjoying the recent packs. Being so sure the next pack is going to be the final one, and then they announce it but it doesn't have the animals you wanted in the game, you get mad because it was your last chance. Those beliefs became a lot of backlash for Eurasia and Barnyard packs. That kind of bad reactions to every new DLC isn't good for the mood in the forums, is unfair for the developers, and is ironically lowering the chances of new DLCs coming... A bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy
Entirely Frontier's fault and their stupid anti-consumer silence policy mixed with questionable roster choices.

But wouldn’t it make sense to launch it before the summer like early July, cause then a bunch of students have the summer off so it would be a good time to launch something, right?
August has been the Q2&Q3 DLC spot both times it's been used, once due to Covid, the other due to a 30th anniversary free update. It doesn't strike me as a time they actually want to use, so it depends on just how badly Console edition is setting things back.

Barnyard's lateness is explainable, being a month after console launch, potentially for marketing reasons rather than workload (I wouldn't expect the skills for porting to overlap hugely with creating. I can make a 3D model, skin it, and animate it myself, but I can't really code).

I kinda feel like it needs to be early summer (June) or sometime in the fall (late August/early September would feel okay to me). Yes, college kids are "home" in July/August but at that point you're also contending with people wanting to be outside more frequently, people traveling/taking vacations, summer jobs, etc.

Top Bottom