Summer 2024 DLC Speculation

Just watch. Frontier will give us a 12 species habitat pack quite literally called the "Final Frontier Worldwide Exploration This Is It Development Is Over"
It is unfortunate that Frontier will never actually tell us when support is ending, but if it goes the same way as Coaster it ought to be clear when it happens.

I've said before though there are probably people sitting there huffing copium and still believing some big DLC is due for Planet Coaster as well. "Frontier never said it was over! Never say never!"

I was 100% convinced that Barnyard would be the last DLC even after the announcement. I'm glad it's not, because even in this "honeymoon period" I'm not afraid to admit that it would be a wholly lackluster place to end things (the update notes have certaily not made it any more palatable to me as I hoped they would), but I am 100% covinced the Summer DLC is going to be it. Especially if they announce their new game.

It's like you say though. A ton of people will still wait until October, and even then they'll wait until December.

It is unfortunate that Frontier will never actually tell us when support is ending, but if it goes the same way as Coaster it ought to be clear when it happens.

I've said before though there are probably people sitting there huffing copium and still believing some big DLC is due for Planet Coaster as well. "Frontier never said it was over! Never say never!"

I was 100% convinced that Barnyard would be the last DLC even after the announcement. I'm glad it's not, because even in this "honeymoon period" I'm not afraid to admit that it would be a wholly lackluster place to end things (the update notes have certaily not made it any more palatable to me as I hoped they would), but I am 100% covinced the Summer DLC is going to be it. Especially if they announce their new game.

It's like you say though. A ton of people will still wait until October, and even then they'll wait until December.
Okay but you also Said this after Eurasia Pack. Or perhaps not you but someone else Here. I do Not know why people Always make themselves the world so hard and are Always convinced that Game will end soon (some people do that since 2.5 years). It could be over after the next Pack or not. But why Putting this Statement into every second Post? (General Observation Not directed towards you). I am pretty convinced that Support will Go at least until the 5th anniversary. If Not it is what it is. But that is my deep conviction that they will Go until then.

Okay but you also Said this after Eurasia Pack. Or perhaps not you but someone else Here. I do Not know why people Always make themselves the world so hard and are Always convinced that Game will end soon (some people do that since 2.5 years). It could be over after the next Pack or not. But why Putting this Statement into every second Post? (General Observation Not directed towards you). I am pretty convinced that Support will Go at least until the 5th anniversary. If Not it is what it is. But that is my deep conviction that they will Go until then.
My idea is that, even if the last DLC is in summer (which is what I'm guessing), then we'll still get a year 5 anniversary gift, because c'mon, why not?

Okay but you also Said this after Eurasia Pack.
No I didn't.

What I've always said is that we are near the end. For very good reason. After Eurasia I was consistent in saying I expected one, at most two more. Then the financial report was released, and a whole lot of us (a point I must constantly reiterate) were absolutely certain Barnyard was going to be the last one. That wasn't just me; a ton of people thought that. It's just that most of the people who thought that suddenly stopped saying it because, like me, Barnyard seemed like a rubbish way to end things. The difference is I was still firm in my belief that Barnyard was the last one, until the stream announced one more. So I was wrong about Barnyard being the last, but that doesn't mean I was wrong about everything else. We are still near the end.

June is also where Coaster ended, after the announcement of Planet Zoo.

My idea is that, even if the last DLC is in summer (which is what I'm guessing), then we'll still get a year 5 anniversary gift, because c'mon, why not?
This is Something I do not really believe. If Support is over it is over. But end of support before anniversary totally makes No Sense to me, really. And i want to cite again the Last FY Report. "The Future of Planet Zoo is bright"!

then we'll still get a year 5 anniversary gift, because c'mon, why not?
I won't say it's impossible, because it's not, but "why not?" can easily be countered with, "but why?"

There is no tangible gain on Frontier's part for such a thing. They might do it to throw a bone, but that would be the only reason. I wouldn't place any bets there.

But end of support before anniversary totally makes No Sense to me, really.
Why not? Again, it's exactly what happened with Coaster.

Also, literally any time between November and November is "before the anniversary".
And i want to cite again the Last FY Report. "The Future of Planet Zoo is bright"!
Yes - Console Edition will continue to receive support. That is what they are talking about. Until Console catches up with PC in terms of content and stability support for it will continue.

No I didn't.

What I've always said is that we are near the end. For very good reason. After Eurasia I was consistent in saying I expected one, at most two more. Then the financial report was released, and a whole lot of us (a point I must constantly reiterate) were absolutely certain Barnyard was going to be the last one. That wasn't just me; a ton of people thought that. It's just that most of the people who thought that suddenly stopped saying it because, like me, Barnyard seemed like a rubbish way to end things. The difference is I was still firm in my belief that Barnyard was the last one, until the stream announced one more. So I was wrong about Barnyard being the last, but that doesn't mean I was wrong about everything else. We are still near the end.

June is also where Coaster ended, after the announcement of Planet Zoo.
I mean when people are Always say next one will be the Last they will be correct one time. Thats Sure (Sorry, again not directed towards you). Planet Coaster is Not Planet Zoo. The Player base of the Games are completely different as PZ has a very constant one. PC was Not Standing directly in Front of several milestonea (5 years, 200 species) and the financial Situation was different. Frontier needs Money and fresh money comes from fresh content.

Why not? Again, it's exactly what happened with Coaster.

Also, literally any time between November and November is "before the anniversary".

Yes - Console Edition will continue to receive support. That is what they are talking about. Until Console catches up with PC in terms of content and stability support for it will continue.
It is your assumption that they mean the Console Edition.

This is Something I do not really believe. If Support is over it is over. But end of support before anniversary totally makes No Sense to me, really. And i want to cite again the Last FY Report. "The Future of Planet Zoo is bright"!
Well technically, if they give us the 5th anniversary then support isn't done...🤪
I won't say it's impossible, because it's not, but "why not?" can easily be countered with, "but why?"

There is no tangible gain on Frontier's part for such a thing. They might do it to throw a bone, but that would be the only reason. I wouldn't place any bets there.
No, there is no guarantee, however there wasn't any financial reasons for them to give us free animals in the 1st place either besides as a sort of promotion for the game.

But we also gotta keep in mind the console. For Frontier to release all the DLC onto console will take a good while, I'm betting around the time of the anniversary it'll be ongoing. What better way to boost interest in the game than giving another anniversary gift?

Another thing is that I believe PlanCo did have some things related to the anniversary (not free gifts, but still). There isn't a reason to completely Believe we won't get a 5th anniversary gift either

I mean when people are Always say next one will be the Last they will be correct one time.
That isn't what's happening here. It's a total misrepresentation of the argument.

"A broken clock is right once a day" does not apply to this.

Edit: To clarify, I don't actually care what other people are saying about it or have said about it in the past. I came to the belief that support is ending all on my own.
The Player base of the Games are completely different as PZ has a very constant one.
A large segment of early Zoo players migrated here from Coaster. For a good chunk of time the two playerbases were the same.
and the financial Situation was different.
It was better under Coaster.

That isn't what's happening here. It's a total misrepresentation of the argument.

"A broken clock is right once a day" does not apply to this.

A large segment of early Zoo players migrated here from Coaster. For a good chunk of time the two playerbases were the same.

It was better under Coaster.
Yes, it was better under Coaster. That is my Point. As the Situation is now that Bad Frontier needs to make Money. And this will not happen without fresh content.

But it makes No Sense to discuss. You believe what you believe and I do believe what I believe.

It's a very good assumption.
But it is still only an assumption and no fact. The Thing is that a Lot of people despite proven wrong one or multiple Times Always sell end of support AS 100 per Cent Happening. The other assumption has the Same value until the opposite Happening. It is just pure speculation.

Can't we all just stick to our own beliefs, if anyone wants to believe the game is ending after the next dlc by all means go ahead.
Isn't the 1st time it's happened. We get the same type of message after every DLC. People thought that Eurasia was the last pack; we got Barnyard.

Been like this for many years. Didn't some believe that 2022 was the last years of support, basing it off of the fact that PlanCo and JWE only got 2/3 years of support? We're already going into year 5

These are the DLCs of the game...
Planet Zoo...
It's 5 year goal...
To bring out new packs...
And new animals...
To bodily bring us what no zoo game has done before...

(Cue the Star Trek theme)
Live long and (fill the) roster (with enough animals so we can hit the 200+ mark).

There are 100% people still thinking there's more coming for PlanCo. I assumed it was true but had never seen it until somebody showed me recently and uh... Yeah. It's a weird look. Hah.

I'm with you in that the next DLC will probably be the end simply because... Why would they keep going? Their team is already pretty scant and they have multiple new games (that will more than likely fill a similar niche in terms of player base). But I do think, with what we've learned from PlanCo, that your average Planet Zoo player will know when to call it.

If the next pack is a larger pack that costs $5-10 more than what they usually charge and it's choc full of highly requested animals and we stop seeing any SteamDB movement for a few months? I suspect most people will accept it as the end of formal development (emphasizing this because there is so much in the works as far as modding is concerned).

The one caveat to the above is that, depending on the timing of the next DLC, this is plausible. They could develop something alongside the formal DLC and just wait to release it.

I do think it's pretty unlikely, and I honestly kinda hope they don't do this because it could give people a lot of false hope. Haha. Or if they do that they forego a specific species and just add something like certain base game pieces as flexicolor, new signs for animals, etc.

Of course, I kinda hope we get those in the next bigger update anyway but just... Y'know, low-energy and relatively easy to do things compared to a new animal. That will tie things up rather than encourage people to continue speculating. Though that could also be the intention so... LOL

Has Anyone Suggested A Gondwana Animal Pack Yet? It Covers Secretary Bird, Hamadryas Baboon, Goodfellow's Tree Kangaroo, Short-beaked Echidna, Lord Howe Island Stick Insect, Spectacled Bear, American Flamingo And, Honey Badger. Gondwana Was A Massive Supercontinent Which Contained All Of The Southern Hemisphere Plus India.

Has Anyone Suggested A Gondwana Animal Pack Yet? It Covers Secretary Bird, Hamadryas Baboon, Goodfellow's Tree Kangaroo, Short-beaked Echidna, Lord Howe Island Stick Insect, Spectacled Bear, American Flamingo And, Honey Badger. Gondwana Was A Massive Supercontinent Which Contained All Of The Southern Hemisphere Plus India.
I am 99% sure frontier would never name a pack the Gondwana animal pack and 70% sure the final pack won’t just be southern hemisphere

Top Bottom