COMPLETED CG Supply Resources To Rescue Thargoid Abductees (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
What's wrong about fighting glaives? It's easy money and fun. Ofc around a titan you want to be undetected but in general i destroy them if i meet one.
Nothing, but you made it sound like you ‘have’ to fight one no matter what.

And your post implied mounting a 6A would somehow result in better thermal efficiency than a 7A, which… isn’t true.
A=cooler and a smaller PP is also cooler than a class 7
I quote. Unless you have actual evidence to back this up when my Krait with a 7A idles at temps as low as 12% too.

(Also, if a ship’s power draw does not have an effect on thermal performance, why do people keep saying it does? And I’m pretty sure my Corvette goes from ~35% idle heat with weapons stowed to ~39% with them out.)

PP is not the only thing that is important to keep the temperature low - it is also useful to use FSD shielded/thermal spread. If you can get your FC close to the Titan system (as close as possible) then you don't need increased range/mass manager FSD.
I use such a combination for Imperial Clipper and Phantom, to visit Titan, but it's also possible with Krait Mk II and other ships. I visited Titan in Dolphin, for example.
One of the best things in ED is that you can adjust your ships to your needs and preferences. His ship had too much heat, so he got spotted. If he just changes his powerplant to what i suggested, his ship is cold enough to visit a titan without problems. ofc you can always do more or build your ship for a specific task. if you just want to visit a titan, you don't even need AX MCs at all. But i would say that his PP is the main factor to change.

Nothing, but you made it sound like you ‘have’ to fight one no matter what.
Nope, it was related to the speed and you usually can't outrun them. so 536m/s is a good enough speed. a bit more wouldn't help you with glaives.

And your post implied mounting a 6A would somehow result in better thermal efficiency than a 7A, which… isn’t true.
i agree. it seems to be the same.

But again the question: Why would you prefer a 7A if a 6A does the same job?

But again the question: Why would you prefer a 7A if a 6A does the same job?
Primarily if I already have it laying around as a spare. Which I happened to in the form of an AX Krait I wasn’t using.

But I’m really not sure I see the speed benefit, to be honest. A Basilisk travels at 530 m/s - going 6 faster than it is… really not going to do a whole lot for that. Whereas doing the ‘boost swap’ to speed past it and make it overshoot will always cut it and be many times faster.

(Though, to be quite honest, anything at around 450 is sufficient to escape hostile hyper/interdiction - they won’t start moving until you are already low waking out, or get to catch up before you’re out of there, unless you’re really unlucky with placement or the way your ship spins out following the hyperdiction.)

Anyway, putting all that aside, I didn’t say you should choose a S7 plant over a S6 if you have no need for it. If it came across like that or was woorded poorly enough to, sorry.

I was looking forward to dusting off the mining python... but no Fdev decided to throw the FC owners another bone. Although unlike the last $$$,$$$,$$$ cg, the money is this one is kinda peanuts. But I think keeping it mining and scavenging only and not just another delivery mission CG would have been best. The protect bounty side will be fine and fun as it was originally intended.

Speaking of which, there's no special reward tier for Top 10/Top 10% CMDRs this CG? That's fairly rare I think, not sure how that changes the incentives though.
I understand the logic that led FDev to include Copper in this CG - they realized that players who were in the game right from the beginning of the CG had the opportunity to buy and deliver the available quantities of CMM Composites, and thus create an unattainable difference in relation on players who come later, because it is a commodity that replenishes very slow. And also the other two goods, Neofabric Insulation and Osmium, cannot be obtained quickly.
So that's why they put in Copper, so that everyone would have an equal chance.
At the same time, they didn't think (or didn't care) that this would almost completely devalue the effort and time of those players who initially delivered the original three goods.

I like your idea of a possible third CG (something like easy mode), because it would be an elegant solution that would give everyone a chance to participate, and no one would be offended.

I didn't become salty in this whole story because of the rewards - I already have these PJs, extraction missiles I can easily buy later because I have enough credits and all kinds of engineering and thargoid materials and data, if they are needed for unlocking - I became salty because this case again shows how little respect Fdev has for players and their time, and because it's been repeated over and over again.

And it also angers me that they treat us like sheep and do not give us the most basic information about CG, such as whether reaching Tier 1 is necessary for mass production of missiles?
Because we could all notice that even after the amendments were made to the CG, they still did not want to answer such simple questions.

And it also angers me that they treat us like sheep and do not give us the most basic information about CG, such as whether reaching Tier 1 is necessary for mass production of missiles?
Pretty much guarantee even if the CG failed they would be mass produced, its an upcoming game mechanic that will be implemented.

O7

I understand the logic that led FDev to include Copper in this CG - they realized that players who were in the game right from the beginning of the CG had the opportunity to buy and deliver the available quantities of CMM Composites, and thus create an unattainable difference in relation on players who come later, because it is a commodity that replenishes very slow. And also the other two goods, Neofabric Insulation and Osmium, cannot be obtained quickly.
So that's why they put in Copper, so that everyone would have an equal chance.
At the same time, they didn't think (or didn't care) that this would almost completely devalue the effort and time of those players who initially delivered the original three goods.
A couple of years ago iirc there was a tritium delivery CG in the bubble and Colonia. As is well known, tritium is in short supply in Colonia and in is a small area. CMDRs were having to continually jump around to gather small amounts of tritium as it refreshed. Anyone arriving with a carrier full would have dominated, so was that unfair? I think that it might have been.

But, as I said in another post above, I thought that this CG as it started was challenging (in a good way). Small quantities were available to be gathered and I was looking forward to the challenge. It would also have reduced the impact of carriers. The amount required to be delivered could have been reduced. With the addition of copper I think that this was a change too far. Less than 7 LY away there is a source of 693,000 tons of copper currently. Carriers are redundant and no long journeys.

Given the low number of CMDRs participating initially, I do no think that they depleted the initial commodity stocks much.

Steve

I understand the logic that led FDev to include Copper in this CG - they realized that players who were in the game right from the beginning of the CG had the opportunity to buy and deliver the available quantities of CMM Composites, and thus create an unattainable difference in relation on players who come later, because it is a commodity that replenishes very slow.
The supplies were low enough that it wouldn't matter - hitting a jackpot would've been finding 500 units of CMM composite in a station with 100 average - the replenishment would be like 30-60 per 10min I think and that's not significantly different, it's just boring and worse than powerplay where you can pay to speed it up at the cost of an excessive amount of button presses. Waiting for a full cargo load of 750 units would take 2-4h that way, which makes the other options tempting.

The main failure on the mining/mission side is that there's no RNG mitigation - ONLY osmium and ONLY neofabric means that you'll have to discard most of the stuff you mine and you need a mission that spawns mission-only cargo AND the right type of mission only cargo which is just too much.

A couple of years ago iirc there was a tritium delivery CG in the bubble and Colonia. As is well known, tritium is in short supply in Colonia and in is a small area. CMDRs were having to continually jump around to gather small amounts of tritium as it refreshed. Anyone arriving with a carrier full would have dominated, so was that unfair? I think that it might have been.
I got top 10 in one of the colonia bridge CGs by jumping a carrier to colonia and idling at a station for more cargo. I think it could've been doable with just idling at the station to pick up cargo every 10min with how long jumping the carrier (there and back) took.

Let me put it this way - I really like mining, and I even have multiple laser mining ships, including a T10. A multi-hour mining trip managed to net me 95 Osmium. Osmium is really hard to mine, as it has no hotspots. Even in a Pristine metallic ring, it is luck of the draw if you can find it. You can get rare goods fast than osmium FDev could have lowered the targets.or picked a mining only commodity that has hotspots. Would have been ironic if they picked LTD or painite!

Really, no one else encountered the same bug as me?

I double & triple checked that the mission reward is "neofabric insulation" and not "insulating membrane".

I should probably send in a support ticket hmmm
in a previous one I taken 36 of NFI straight from a mission and it never has count.

Nope, it was related to the speed and you usually can't outrun them. so 536m/s is a good enough speed. a bit more wouldn't help you with glaives.
Hunter class can boost over 1000m/s in target-lock and enraged state. You have no. chance.

Hunter class can boost over 1000m/s in target-lock and enraged state. You have no. chance.
I've never been caught using ICourier (850m/s), and I flew a lot in thargoid controlled systems, and was intercepted many times, so I think their max speed is around 800 m/s.

I've never been caught using ICourier (850m/s), and I flew a lot in thargoid controlled systems, and was intercepted many times, so I think their max speed is around 800 m/s.
According to AXI (wiki) it’s 750.

I’ve also not heard of a Glaive becoming ‘enraged’… though if it does have such an enrage timer, it’s liable to not be found during regular play since they’re not that hard to take down within a reasonable time, using AX MCs.

About 7.224 million tons delivered so far, and it looks like tier 1 is a hair away (a quarter of a million tons?). Anyone got a better calculation?

Steve

About 7.224 million tons delivered so far, and it looks like tier 1 is a hair away (a quarter of a million tons?). Anyone got a better calculation?

Steve
If people’s 10% figure is accurate(I don’t have the in-game bar in my mind clearly), it should be 7.6 million tons for tier 1. Either way, it will reach it.

Wondering how much I need to do to stay in the top 50% - while reasonably active, doesn’t seem too competitive either. Currently sitting at 5.2k tons, which looks to sit squarely in the middle of the percentile.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom