Thargoid Interactions

Ok I'm still none the wiser as to what it means :p;).
Btw, Google thought WÄNNÄ was Finnish! And it still didn't offer a translation, lol.

It just says "Werner, the Russians are here."

Proper German would be "Werner, die Russen sind hier/da."

edit: Just realized I replied to an old post.

That's interesting - Maya also has a black hole......... coincidence ?

No. I don't have any black hole... Is it some kind of dirty joke or...?
Oh, wait. You mean Maia, the solar system. Sorry, sorry... Your accent got me confused.<----- (That is just a joke. No disrespect ment.)

I'd like to have a lot of reputation points to give them away in this thread. I am really enjoying to read your investigations. Thank you. n__n

Last edited:
No worries, I didn't know what it meant, now I do! :)

Is Werner a name then?

Interesting!

Factabulous also reports that Tissue Samples now get scooped up. I haven't been able to verify that myself, because <other stuff>, but I intend to, unless someone else wants to give it a whirl.

Query

Why is the following happening?

I believe I remember I used to get the “red lights” when holding only thargoid sensors and hyperdicted. Now, even with 64 of them, I get “green lights” and the thargoids wake out. The last one flew up to and along my direct side like we were in formation, up until I boosted away and started to charge my FSD, when he went aggro.

I have a few ideas:

• I have earned a good reputation by never harming a thargoid, almost always giving up cargo when requested, was only caught twice with AX weapons, and/or have dropped in on NHSSs a lot simply to watch, interact and gift-give with thargoid interceptors.

• No experimental utilities, tiny hull and shields.

• Applied xeno-ally decals to all ships that may encounter thargoids. As a premium decal set I can’t put much faith in this idea, but it coincides.

• My ship’s heat was at 30% for all cases they waked out. The one when we were flying in formation, it was 30% until boosting and charging, the moment of aggro.

• FSD charge, in general.

• Seeing 64 sensors with no probe or link means I won’t be to find their bases and there is only one thing I can do with so many.

• They actually want me to bomb stations.

————————————

The heat idea along with the flight formation incident had me thinking. Maybe they see me as a friendly cold lifeform (all intelligent, warm life/ships have threatened their entire species, could be conditioning or threat assessment.) If the formation was not just coincidence, maybe it even though I was a Thargoid until I blew my cover.

Digressing, I don’t buy the argument that being cold renders you “invisible” with respect to the CMB, they shut you down and proceed to scan you for relevant cargo with precision. They see and scan “dead” ships, too.

I believe I remember I used to get the “red lights” when holding only thargoid sensors and hyperdicted. Now, even with 64 of them, I get “green lights” and the thargoids wake out. The last one flew up to and along my direct side like we were in formation, up until I boosted away and started to charge my FSD, when he went aggro.

That first bit is wrong... Thargoids only light up red on detection of Guardian items. For Thargoid items (sensors, tissue samples, other Thargoid cargoes), they'll just "wait". In both cases they'll maintain distance with you for about 20 seconds until you drop the offending cargo. If you don't, they attack (that's why you saw them go aggro when you started to FSD away; that "timer" ran out.

Refer this thread for more info: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/398834-Thargoid-Cargo-Reactions-Revisited

For quick reference, this is a Thargoid reaction to Thargoid cargo, noting while the video is for Resin, the reaction is the same regardless of that, Links/Sensors/Probes/Tissue/Hearts/Whatever:

[video=youtube_share;yiJJqCdBme8]https://youtu.be/yiJJqCdBme8[/video]

... while this is the reaction to Guardian cargo:

[video=youtube_share;HVbtFqocuKI]https://youtu.be/HVbtFqocuKI[/video]

There are two more possible reactions, one to when you have meta-alloys (they'll sound more pleading and deploy thargons if you dont drop them, but won't become hostile), and another when you have no cargo of interest (they just leave you fairly promptly).

Last edited:
In the past, they turned red if i didn’t drop, then, I think.

The fact still stands that 4 of 5 hyperdictions had no aggro, the goids waked out right after scanning me.

The rule that they always demand your thargoid goods is a myth.

Last edited:
The rule that they always demand your thargoid goods is a myth.

Got an example of that with some proof? (Edit: In case the tone is hard to read, that's an inquiry, not an accusatory. I've just never seen that happen in a way that isn't explainable by some other effect, so I'd be interested to see an example where they are, noting hyperdictions can be particularly buggy.)

I've personally done this with Sensors/Probes/Links/Hearts/All three tissue samples/the three cargoes (technology samples, resin, and bio matter (or whatever that one's called)) and experienced the same behaviour on all occasions (although recently, Thargoids have started scooping tissue samples and hearts since 3.0)

Last edited:
I have an appointment in a few hours. Will replicate with video shortly after.

Details: was a Cobra4, 64 sensors, no guardian or experimental add-ons, and always 30% heat.

Other thoughts: could be that the goids hyperdicting are not looking for items, but threats. I had this happen in a hauler on a new account before, too, helping my mom get cred by running 2 sensors to a black market.

(Lol, “buggy” hyperdictions.)

(Lol, “buggy” hyperdictions.)

So, I'm specifically referring to this from 2.4.2 patch notes:

• Fixed an issue whereby Thargoids were not attacking the player if they were carrying Thargoid parts in their cargo hold
Since that's straight from FD, my read on that is that Thargoids are always meant to attack if they scan you and you have thargoid items on board. I'm yet to have a hyperdiction where a Thargoid hasn't behaved abnormally to having Thargoid cargo on board, that wasn't one of those weird (and in my opinion, bugged^) ones where the goid just sits there doing nothing.

^ I err on the side of "bugged" since that behaviour is nothing that doesn't look and feel like the norm for FD's regression testing (e.g the guardian layouts previously changing every patch, the mission not being solvable, the situation where hyperdictions would happen at least 10-15 times and you'd essentially get trapped in a system, the thing where they now spin away after scanning you, rather than holding position, just to name a few.)

Last edited:
ETA of proof or word eating: under 24hr.

Beginning the prep work of sensor harvest now, will then have to bait hyperdictions and find a way to compress/upload the vids. Might fall asleep before the latter. :/

ETA of proof or word eating: under 24hr.

Beginning the prep work of sensor harvest now, will then have to bait hyperdictions and find a way to compress/upload the vids. Might fall asleep before the latter. :/

For what it's worth, I'm predicting a similar reaction to this, or possibly this if Thargoids scanning you from a hyperdiction still have the same spin-off effect.

Was thinking about the patched “thargoid parts,” it might mean body parts. A sensor is not a part.

I can’t get hyperdicted to save my life. Any tips?

Thanks.

Alright, first hyperdiction since getting a recording app. Two waked out ASAP, one is just eyeing me down. I was in a Cobra4 with 64 sensors again.

I have a 15m+ video of the encounter, but it’s 2 gigs. What should I do with it? Might be that old bug where they just sit there. Also thought maybe 64 of them bugs them out, because 18 was the old maximum limit. Going to report it as one later, just in case.

Trying again.

—————

2nd try, much smaller video, two cyclops waked out, a medusa started to spin like when bugged. He disappeared from radar. I went to find him and he was aggro. Barely lived.

I wish it was easier to control variables like interceptor type and my own speed.

At this point, given enough hours of jumping, I’ll just keep recording future encounters and let you know if one truly stands out.

Last edited:
I have a 15m+ video of the encounter, but it’s 2 gigs. What should I do with it? Might be that old bug where they just sit there. Also thought maybe 64 of them bugs them out, because 18 was the old maximum limit. Going to report it as one later, just in case.

What do you mean by "18 was the old maximum limit"?

Last edited:
Mission log into Thargoid Site.

This is a complete mission log from my exploration mission into a Thargoid outpost.

\\[Thargoid Site mission log begin]//

-Star System: Mel 22 Sector YU-F B11-1

-Planet: AB 5 A

-Thargoid Site location: [Lattitude -52.00 / Longitude -5.68]

-known landmasses near site: [Purple Mountains as well as a canyon]

-Site Status: Active

-Site population: Thargoid Scavangers (Not hostile unless attacked)

-Contact with lifeforms: Positive (Not Attacked but greeted by the lifeforms)

-Items Recovered from site: (2 Metal Alloys/ 4 Nickel / & 1 Magnesse)

-Light years from home base: 638.47 LY

-Jumps to Destination: 13

[Departed Home base: 18:00 hours]

[Arrival to Thargoid Outpost: 19:18 hours]

-Date of mission: 5/20/3304

-Exploration Team: Tranquillitatus Team 01

-Members on mission: 1

[Exploration leader] (Nara-Ousan)

-Ships used on mission: (Python)

-Mission Status: Active (Needing Further informational gathering)

-Team Brefing: Nara in one ship. (One SRV land vehicle were used for on planet Exploration)

Mission is to gain information about Thargoid site and extract and data & any items for possible for further exploration into the Thargoid civilization.

-Thargoid Site notes/ discription: Upon arrival to the there appears to be a green haze surrounding the site, The outpost is in a crater surrounded by what looks like unknown metal structures with alsmost wires and shapes carved all around the surrounding sturcures.

upon closer arrival the core of the crater began to show what almost lookslike a Thargoid scout ship but is a center command outpost. a safe landing zone was created about 200 yards outside the first large Metal structure. SRV was then deployed and further exploration began.

Upon driving the SRV closer I began to see signs of different metal structures showing a very extra-terrestrial like make up, getting closer into the center of the site I began to see more and more metal structures. Upon entering the center I was greeted by two Thargoid Scavangers that hovered over my SRV for15 seconds and then went away.

(a sign that i was greeted at a guest into their domain).

I then approached the what looked to be the center base, there were a few thargoid link signatures, and a closed door, Upon scanning the Thargoid link i recieved a message

(Begin Quote)["Meterial composition scan started, Foreign carbon imbalance detected, unable to identify source, Composition scancomplete"] (end Quote)

I proceeded twoards the door where to my suprise my SRV systems began surging for power and the lights began shutting off and on

(A sign that i needed to retreat back to a safe distance)

The site has about 10-12 organic Structure dotting the main base

(organic stuctures appear to be organic looking spikes about 6 feet tall standing out from the dirt)

Upon shooting at the organic matter i recieved Nikcle/ Metal Alloys/ and Magnesse,

(The site has the same organic structures as the barnacle sites)

-Notes about the Center structure: The center structure looks very familliar to the barnacle site I have been to before making the same sounds, except the site looks like a grounded Thargoid Scout ship.

-End notes: This site is sure to have Thargoid ship contact often since the site is very much active

(use caution when roaming around the site, and do not engage a fight with the Scavangers)

(Site is to be watched for further activity)

\\\\Transmission end//////

Top Bottom