Thargoid invasion - Next target systems?

It works quite well; I have flown both of me for many or most of the ~250 INIV missions. Having V around to help me worked wonders for longer-range harvesting when we really needed landfall planets, for that allowed regeneration to continue indefinitely during a restock:

It is all open-harvests now of course, and we use four!
Thargoid Interceptor: What are these Human ships doing? The pay no attention to me!!
Thargoid Interceptor: ARGH!!! All these little metal fleas prickling me !! They just won't leave me alone!! What are they?!!...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

WE DID IT BOYS!
1689258118341.png

Omumba (14Ly, the same system that had the mysterious progress bump earlier) has gained a chevron this early in the cycle. Wonder what's happening over there?

Omumba (14Ly, the same system that had the mysterious progress bump earlier) has gained a chevron this early in the cycle. Wonder what's happening over there?
It appears to be a priority for Imperial Xeno Defense(also a counterstrike system), going by a status message in DCoH discord. Which would probably explain it.

The only concern I’d have about those large-scale operations is not knowing what twists and turns U16 holds for the war. Be a shame if that work turned out to not be worth a whole lot in the end.

(I’m reasonably confident that it won’t go out the window, but you never know …)

Victories in Gandje and Col 285 Sector BP-F b12-3! Alerts are nicely underway with HIP 20850 and Col 285 Sector OS-T d3-76 up first, and the full list thus far at Week 33 or at the top.

It appears to be a priority for Imperial Xeno Defense(also a counterstrike system), going by a status message in DCoH discord. Which would probably explain it.

Thank you kindly for relying it; I would love to congratulate them for the admirable impact, and I would also love for them to know that Omumba is not going to complete that way without assistance! It is a difficult message to impart; I want to be encouraging, but I want more than that to be realistic. As part of a Wing which is now approaching 300 Control evictions, including with and without population, I can say that if we could clear Omumba in one week then it will be nothing but that all week.

By far the best approach for now is to take a good strength measurement, which I am happy to perform for them if I can get either relative activity silence in the system or can find some substitute systems at a similar distance, then store harvest cargo on a Fleet Carrier and deliver only once enough is present. Several systems already have been cleared that way; you can see that Gandje was delivered earlier, and Chernobo is expected this week also!

Victories in Gandje and Col 285 Sector BP-F b12-3! Alerts are nicely underway with HIP 20850 and Col 285 Sector OS-T d3-76 up first, and the full list thus far at Week 33 or at the top.

Thank you kindly for relying it; I would love to congratulate them for the admirable impact, and I would also love for them to know that Omumba is not going to complete that way without assistance! It is a difficult message to impart; I want to be encouraging, but I want more than that to be realistic. As part of a Wing which is now approaching 300 Control evictions, including with and without population, I can say that if we could clear Omumba in one week then it will be nothing but that all week.

By far the best approach for now is to take a good strength measurement, which I am happy to perform for them if I can get either relative activity silence in the system or can find some substitute systems at a similar distance, then store harvest cargo on a Fleet Carrier and deliver only once enough is present. Several systems already have been cleared that way; you can see that Gandje was delivered earlier, and Chernobo is expected this week also!
Quite afraid I’m also not in a position to contact them. I merely saw that Omumba was marked as a priority retake in the DCoH discord server, and that it happens to also be marked as counterstrike in-game, but am not in their server specifically(if anything, I am there in independent fashion, representing no one but myself).

I assume they have a few samplers working on it - as I doubt 19% progress that far in was random effort, but also nothing available to tell if the last week’s effort was also from their end or not, as it was only mentioned this week.
67CB5C12-6AE3-4315-832F-2E63D963B758.jpeg

Standing Imperial orders for ongoing Thargoid Invasion: All defense, relief, rescue, and repair actions will assist and all objectives are valid Imperial targets.

Primary Objectives:

Alert systems:

System: Muruidooges
Available Stations: Emshwiller Hub (Oribital Starport: 1,012 LS)

System: Fotlandjera
Available Stations: DiFate Depot (Planetary Port: 1,276 LS, 0.13 G), Arrhenius (Outpost Med only: 2,747 LS)

Invasion systems:

System: N/A
Available Stations: N/A
Attacked Stations: N/A

Counterstrike systems:

System: Omumba [Priority Target]

System: HIP 30502

System: Montioch

System: HR 2204

System: Vasupari

For Humanity, For the Empire, Imperium Aeterna! updated: Jul, 13, 2023

Last edited:
The only concern I’d have about those large-scale operations is not knowing what twists and turns U16 holds for the war. Be a shame if that work turned out to not be worth a whole lot in the end.

(I’m reasonably confident that it won’t go out the window, but you never know …)
Really hoping update 16 throws a few spanners into the works. The war feels a bit stagnant, with the front lines seemingly stabilised around the tissue collection 'meta', and the much more fun Invasion system scenarios being 'managed out' in favour of efficiency and expediency.

Really hoping update 16 throws a few spanners into the works. The war feels a bit stagnant, with the front lines seemingly stabilised around the tissue collection 'meta', and the much more fun Invasion system scenarios being 'managed out' in favour of efficiency and expediency.
Indeed. The recent Gandje recapture was partially to try and generate more difficult Alerts to allow some Invasions through, but left to our own devices it’ll be months before that strategy makes a significant difference. And, of course, doing it requires large amounts of sampling grind.

Victories in Col 285 Sectors NR-B b14-1, NQ-F b11-3, QX-U d2-47, SH-B b14-5, SX-Z b14-2 and YT-F b12-7, Arietis Sectors VO-R b4-1 and ZU-P b5-1, and HIPs 10972 and 21654! That takes an attack away from M. Thor and makes a great start on the M. Leigong attackers. Also, I love how swift the empty Alerts have become!

Alerts at 07:40 14th July 3309:
Ebisu Alert 32% — Taranis 21 Ly, 358 Ls starport, 63 Ls outpost, 105 Ls planet
HIP 20850 Alert 24% — Indra 27 Ly, 94 Ls planet
HIP 23716 Alert 24% — Taranis 18 Ly, 2314 Ls starport, 2354 Ls planet
Laumas Alert 22% — Cocijo 29 Ly, 255 Ls starport
HIP 20492 Alert 18% — Indra 24 Ly, 3308 Ls starport, 3168 Ls outpost
Muruidooges Alert 14% — Hadad 18 Ly, 1018 Ls starport

Clean-up:
Col 285 Sector OS-T d3-76 Alert 22% — Cocijo 30 Ly, empty

Indeed it is entirely up to Frontier at this point! The matter of harvesting is very much secondary here; the basic puzzle for enjoying the port defence scenario is that the war is constructed in a way which precludes it if we are winning, and I suggested here a way to revive it.

Otherwise—Alerts exist to be repelled, and we use analyses of enemy attacks to choose Control targets in a way which reduces those Alerts, something we would be doing and will continue to do regardless of how those Control systems are being won. Nobody being besieged¹ has ever been handed the enemy attack plan and chosen to cast it aside!

Similarly, the efficacy of harvesting feels like a test. It has now been in service for longer than it has not, also technically available for twice as long as it has not, and at no point has it lost its value. Again, when handed a method to which the enemy is disproportionately weak, one does not cast it aside, regardless of how little sense it makes! Notably before that, Commanders were commenting much that completing a system via evacuation makes no sense either, but it worked!

1. Except for the Trojans, although their loss of Troy and failure to heed Kassandra may be excused given that Apollo had cursed her never to be believed.

Victories in Col 285 Sectors NR-B b14-1, NQ-F b11-3, QX-U d2-47, SH-B b14-5, SX-Z b14-2 and YT-F b12-7, Arietis Sectors VO-R b4-1 and ZU-P b5-1, and HIPs 10972 and 21654! That takes an attack away from M. Thor and makes a great start on the M. Leigong attackers. Also, I love how swift the empty Alerts have become!

Alerts at 07:40 14th July 3309:
Ebisu Alert 32% — Taranis 21 Ly, 358 Ls starport, 63 Ls outpost, 105 Ls planet
HIP 20850 Alert 24% — Indra 27 Ly, 94 Ls planet
HIP 23716 Alert 24% — Taranis 18 Ly, 2314 Ls starport, 2354 Ls planet
Laumas Alert 22% — Cocijo 29 Ly, 255 Ls starport
HIP 20492 Alert 18% — Indra 24 Ly, 3308 Ls starport, 3168 Ls outpost
Muruidooges Alert 14% — Hadad 18 Ly, 1018 Ls starport

Clean-up:
Col 285 Sector OS-T d3-76 Alert 22% — Cocijo 30 Ly, empty

Indeed it is entirely up to Frontier at this point! The matter of harvesting is very much secondary here; the basic puzzle for enjoying the port defence scenario is that the war is constructed in a way which precludes it if we are winning, and I suggested here a way to revive it.

Otherwise—Alerts exist to be repelled, and we use analyses of enemy attacks to choose Control targets in a way which reduces those Alerts, something we would be doing and will continue to do regardless of how those Control systems are being won. Nobody being besieged¹ has ever been handed the enemy attack plan and chosen to cast it aside!

Similarly, the efficacy of harvesting feels like a test. It has now been in service for longer than it has not, also technically available for twice as long as it has not, and at no point has it lost its value. Again, when handed a method to which the enemy is disproportionately weak, one does not cast it aside, regardless of how little sense it makes! Notably before that, Commanders were commenting much that completing a system via evacuation makes no sense either, but it worked!

1. Except for the Trojans, although their loss of Troy and failure to heed Kassandra may be excused given that Apollo had cursed her never to be believed.
Oh for sure! I 100% take your points, and eloquently put as always :) It comes down to 'Gamers gonna Game' If a method to achieve a desirable result (victory/survival-after all it is a war) is placed in game then folks are going to use that method.
Although I think that 'fun' is sometimes placed as a secondary priority to 'mechanics' or perhaps 'efficiency' in the pursuit of in game goals. Fully accept here the idea of fun is subjective to the individual.
Always plenty to do in Elite tho, that's the beauty of it. The current bounty hunting CG is scratching my elite itch at the moment!

Victories in Pegasi Sector FW-W d1-104, Col 285 Sectors TH-C b13-3, XT-F b12-7 and OS-T d3-76, Picenile, Fotlandjera and Arietis Sectors SD-T b3-3 and TD-T b3-0! M. Thor down to one attack on Unktety from within its containment area, M. Leigong down to six targets but well on-course for ending with only one or two, and we have indeed started to effect a collapse at M. Cocijo!

Alerts at 08:50 15th July 3309:
Ebisu Alert 70% — Taranis 21 Ly, 358 Ls starport, 63 Ls outpost, 1798 Ls planet
HIP 23716 Alert 40% *40.8%Taranis 18 Ly, 2314 Ls starport, 2351 Ls outpost, 2354 Ls planet
HIP 20850 Alert 36% *37.3%Indra 27 Ly, 94 Ls planet
HIP 20492 Alert 34% *34.7%Indra 24 Ly, 3308 Ls starport, 3168 Ls outpost
Laumas Alert 32% *33.5%Cocijo 29 Ly, 255 Ls starport, 255 Ls planet
Muruidooges Alert 32% — Hadad 18 Ly, 1018 Ls starport

Eviction, unlikely:
Omumba Control 12% — Hadad 14 Ly

Clean-up:
Arietis Sector VY-S b3-3 Control 98% — Leigong 31 Ly, empty
Cephei Sector AV-Y b2 Alert 64% — Oya 18 Ly, empty

Njorog update - whilst the Ascension Light is deployed in Hyades Sector NS-T c3-12 buying samples, initial progress is slow. As I expected, people (including myself) are probably taking a break to recover from Gandje. Still, someone is already delivering - we're up to 659 samples now.

Interestingly, it turns out there's apparently 3 different groups all targeting Omumba - Imperial Xeno Defence, HIVE and CANO (although I'm not sure exactly who the latter are).

Interestingly, it turns out there's apparently 3 different groups all targeting Omumba - Imperial Xeno Defence, HIVE and CANO (although I'm not sure exactly who the latter are).

That explains a lot! More specifically it explains the amount of activity, though unfortunately less so the persistence. At around one-sixth now, the rate may be enough to reach the one-half point where it takes double the total strength to win after a month—unless they have a harvest operation ongoing, which I will continue hoping is the case. I would prefer not to judge given that there must be enough Commanders involved to know about the strength gradients and know what to do, although I cannot help but wish that activity last week been directed at an achievable target such as Vasupari!

Thus far, Gandje has been the strongest victory at 14.9 Ly with population, actually slightly closer than the empty Cephei Sector ZZ-Y b3 which has been evicted then repelled a few times, followed by HIP 25670 at 15.3 Ly. Omumba is 13.6 Ly with population, and clearly it can be done, though I get the quite strong impression that it is a bit ahead of oneself while we still have Maelstroms with hundreds of weaker systems around.

I also would see Omumba recaptured eventually, and could provide assistance sooner if something like 4000–5000 would make the difference in completing it, but for the moment the feeling at INIV is that we have already over-spent at M. Hadad on clearing some 17–19 Ly systems there when M. Cocijo is as large as it is!

Victories in Col 285 Sectors OS-T d3-102, TN-H b11-4, TN-H b11-5, WT-Q c5-22 and WY-F b12-0, Ebisu, Cephei Sector AV-Y b2 and Arietis Sectors GG-Y d65 and VY-S b3-3! That guards Asletae at last, and the excellent clean-up at M. Leigong has gotten it down to four targets, losing one attack.

Alerts at 17:40 15th July 3309:
HIP 23716 Alert 42% *43.9%Taranis 18 Ly, 2314 Ls starport, 2351 Ls outpost, 2354 Ls planet
HIP 20492 Alert 42% *42.6%Indra 24 Ly, 3308 Ls starport, 3168 Ls outpost
HIP 20850 Alert 40% *40.1%Indra 27 Ly, 94 Ls planet
Muruidooges Alert 38% *38.1%Hadad 18 Ly, 1018 Ls starport, 7321 Ls outpost
Laumas Alert 34% *35.6%Cocijo 29 Ly, 255 Ls starport, 255 Ls planet
Poqomathi Alert 26% *27.7%Oya 24 Ly, 14 Ls outpost, 14 Ls planet

Eviction, unlikely:
Omumba Control 16% *17%Hadad 14 Ly

The upcoming INIV objectives are:
  • Hyades Sector KH-L b8-0, guarding Nihal at M. Taranis.
  • Half-completion of 29 e Orionis, for completion tomorrow to guard Paeni.
  • Various M. Cocijo systems which would attack inhabited systems given the chance:
    • Col 285 Sector BP-F b12-2
    • Col 285 Sector RS-H b11-4
    • Col 285 Sector BA-P c6-10
    • Col 285 Sector YT-F b12-4
  • Guard Njana:
    • Col 285 Sector BA-P c6-16
    • Col 285 Sector OS-T d3-105
    • Col 285 Sector BA-P c6-4
  • Guard Chibis:
    • Col 285 Sector WY-F b12-5
    • Col 285 Sector YT-F b12-6
Beyond that it will just be further background collapse of M. Cocijo unless some assistance elsewhere would be valuable!

Victories in Col 285 Sectors BA-P c6-10 and BA-P c6-16, Hyades Sector KH-L b8-0, Paitra and Muruidooges! M. Taranis loses one, and the present projection is around eleven of the remaining sixteen Alerts.

Alerts at 09:10 16th July 3309:
Laumas Alert 84% *84.4%Cocijo 29 Ly, 255 Ls starport, 255 Ls planet
HIP 20492 Alert 76% — Indra 24 Ly, 3308 Ls starport, 3168 Ls outpost
HIP 23716 Alert 58% — Taranis 18 Ly, 2314 Ls starport, 2351 Ls outpost, 2354 Ls planet
HIP 20850 Alert 46% *46.3%Indra 27 Ly, 94 Ls planet
Poqomathi Alert 38% *38.1%Oya 24 Ly, 14 Ls outpost, 14 Ls planet
Lahua Alert 34% *35.1%Oya 19 Ly, 10 Ls outpost, 19 Ls planet

Evictions:
29 e Orionis Control 50% — Taranis 22 Ly, −1 attack, 1801 strength, warranted by INIV
Unlikely without knowing more:

Omumba Control 24% — Hadad 14 Ly

Evictions:
29 e Orionis Control 50% — Taranis 22 Ly, −1 attack, 1801 strength, warranted by INIV
Unlikely without knowing more:

Omumba Control 24% — Hadad 14 Ly
I was thinking about Omumba - since it's likely to get a fair way from its current support (probably significantly past the 33% mark) and reclaiming it is definitely something that supports my agenda of reclaiming close-in systems, I'm probably going to do some sampling there and see if I can convince the others at AXI to do the same. With some support, it would seem feasible (with the 20k figure I've been given) to reclaim it in two weeks.

Top Bottom