Thargoid invasion - Next target systems?

To me at least, that opens the 'Well do we push leigong Harder if doing so & Succeeding means the 59,600 sample titan-spawned alert would be taken out' door again... hm.

If a quick clearance of the two feasibly doable controls in the remaining time of the cycle is considered worth the effort(but there would probably be no loss in reducing it to just 3 either).

The impact on Titan difficulty is probably the aspect most worth considering (or seeing what amount of controls drops it to what difficulty, by which 3 or 4 controls may be the more interesting cutoff point).

I can't see the point in doing anything in leigong, it's going down easily as it is, and there is a lot we can prepare for oya which has a lot needed.

People seem to be chipping away at the remaining leigong controls, even though they aren't needed. Not sure they'll get anywhere in the remaining time, even the 50% one is a lot of effort.

Agreed - with the rate Taranis fell at 6 Controls (or even 7), if Leigong can't be defeated in 2 weeks of 4 Controls it's not the remaining Controls which are the problem.

Compared with Oya where its 15 core systems (Warnones inwards excluding Kanus and HIP 10778) are all substantially tougher than anything faced in this round of attacks at Leigong, and some of them tougher than even anything at Taranis ... there's also some value in figuring out just how many Controls the final attack can get away with.

I think we can visit Arietis Sector BQ-P b5-0 tomorrow; I cannot imagine any other surprise payloads await delivery, so the Titan still ought to remain quite contented with its other toys and leave HIP 8033 in peace. Even if the Alert clearance cost disappears along with the Titan, it would be still a shame to lose such an excellent Carrier deployment system, at least insofar as two jumps will be less irksome than Hyperspace problems upon return!

Indeed Commanders may need to become more willing to attack against a higher resistance, and to an extent I think that willingness may be present already depending on differing Titan popularity. M. Leigong was always less popular, recalling how unexpectedly long its outer pair of Matrix systems lasted, and still it saw a quarter-ring in the half-week after T. Taranis while it had 14 Control systems.

Last I saw yesterday, it looked on-course to move by another half-ring while it has 10 Control systems despite most Commanders preferring clearance this week, so perhaps the answer may be approximately ten? That is to say, if ten systems are impenetrable and everyone decides just to attack the Titan regardless, I can believe that yielding perhaps four rings before we have to drive it back down to ten systems again.

I'm impressed with the implication from that post that getting Oya (or the several that are worse) down to any single-digit control count isn't going to involve a huge amount of "slogging it out" whichever route is chosen.

As for what was meant by "special case" we'll find out on Thursday with plenty of time to do more damage to Leigong if it turns out that "4 Controls" is now also ultra-tough.

Ok so if I’m going to run some rescue/supply missions:

what’s the best load out (I take it it’s a mix of cabins and cargo racks)?
any particular sectors I should be looking at concentrating on ?

I'm impressed with the implication from that post that getting Oya (or the several that are worse) down to any single-digit control count isn't going to involve a huge amount of "slogging it out" whichever route is chosen.

As for what was meant by "special case" we'll find out on Thursday with plenty of time to do more damage to Leigong if it turns out that "4 Controls" is now also ultra-tough.
I think they're trying to say 'if you 2000* people bashing away at the Titan would go help the 20 people working Controls it will go a lot faster'. At that point the grind would vanish for the 20 as well as the 2000.

And the audience for his messages is the 2000 hitting the Titan, not the 20 already working controls. Though he's likely only pushing people into doing Leigong Controls - because he wasn't clear enough for his audience.

Or else he hasn't got a clue :)

* numbers for illustration only, obvs

My best guess is just "Four hearts per day" is probably not a rate which will be achieved for Leigong (even if it somehow did see the same intense focus as Taranis). But I guess Thursday will hold those answers(as I said).

If it is still just a "Go hit controls" message (which I'm doubtful on - 2 hearts per day down to 50% of one per week is... quite extreme for one difficulty rating stepup), then... I'm not sure it'll have much of an effect. Evidently (maybe, not like I've asked them) those people hitting the Titan prefer to congregate around it rather than make do with the puny combat progression rates of those controls, or sampling.

Ok so if I’m going to run some rescue/supply missions:

what’s the best load out (I take it it’s a mix of cabins and cargo racks)?
any particular sectors I should be looking at concentrating on ?
Depends on the size ship you want to run. Right now I've switched to Gliese 9035, Kozin's Folly. Large ground port so bring the biggest you feel necessary. I'm doing strictly passenger missions in a cutter. I've also set up 4 point defense modules on my Python (top and bottom) and a total of 5 PD modules now on the cutter. If you're doing a large ship, try a 50/50 split of cabins and cargo. This gives you the option of also taking on some fetch missions on the trip there (once you find what they need). Expect large orders for Basic and Advanced meds.

On passenger runs, don't bother reading the message from passenger things. Lots of whining. :)

n passenger runs, don't bother reading the message from passenger things. Lots of whining. :)
Unless they ask to go somewhere else, in which case you do need to refuse it before you can complete the mission at the rescue ship.
o_O Oh? I hadn't seen any of those types of requests. Of course, I'm usually too busy driving, avoiding stars and keeping them alive.

BTW, is that what brings up the occasional "illegal passenger" flag once in a while?

Depends on the size ship you want to run. Right now I've switched to Gliese 9035, Kozin's Folly. Large ground port so bring the biggest you feel necessary. I'm doing strictly passenger missions in a cutter. I've also set up 4 point defense modules on my Python (top and bottom) and a total of 5 PD modules now on the cutter. If you're doing a large ship, try a 50/50 split of cabins and cargo. This gives you the option of also taking on some fetch missions on the trip there (once you find what they need). Expect large orders for Basic and Advanced meds.

On passenger runs, don't bother reading the message from passenger things. Lots of whining. :)
Do the cabins need to be a specific type? Or can I just use basic ones? (Il be running a cutter so the large ground port is perfect thanks)

Top Bottom