Thargoid invasion - Next target systems?

Daruwach samples will be delivered within the next hour.

The [SNPX] Oya Island can take samples for system HIP 15415. The Carrier stays in Cephei Sector ZZ-Y b3; distance to HIP 15415 is 23,51 ly -> should be in fair range for sample ships. Demand is set at 11.800.

[AXI] Invicta (X5Q-83N) jumping to Cephei Sector AF-A c22, buy order for Lhou Mans will be set up on arrival.

-- Carrier parked ~10Ls from main star, buy order open - apologies it isn't the full 200k each that I like to offer, but I figure exact buy order - at least people can tell for certain when it's filled.

Will do trial runs to see if the asteroid clusters substantially impede travel -- had gone for the system as it was the closest non-thargoid option to Lhou Mans.

Last edited:
Wonderful! Two more await delivery over the next two days, and for the moment I imagine both Commanders are being reminded by half a squadron each.

A good amount of new interest is emerging for helping to expose T. Oya; for Commanders arriving and seeing unexpected Carrier-related messages:
  • For the next two days, the only feasible way to help is by using Research limpets to collect corrosive samples at a week 70 system on the M. Oya inventory list and selling them at the respective Fleet carrier, hence all the talk about payloads and deliveries. This will continue into week 70, but it is presently the only action until week 70.
  • From Thursday 28th March 3310 more Spire site activity will be needed also, as summarised at the top of this thread under Matrix systems. Combat will not help at present because the immediate peripheral progress is complete, although for on-foot saboteurs I presume it could be useful to stockpile the compounds ready for Thursday.
Otherwise, for the moment it will be best just to defend Invasion systems elsewhere, particularly at Bagalya (86%) and Bormuninus (80%)!

And here's what Oya will look like once Ardhri and HIP 13179 stockpiles are delivered
Oya-edges.png
The ability in this case to isolate the inner core behind a wall of recovering systems buys valuable time to finish the job without having to re-fight systems, and makes an April finish for Oya much more possible than I had originally assessed: well done to everyone involved!

What are the chances the innermost spire would survive week 71(?) once it reaches 85%? Unless there is a plan/desire to test how Titan progression works at 7 controls/High now compared to Taranis(which could be interesting in its own right).

Given the cooldowns will apply in full so a titan alert Shouldn't be an issue at first unlike with Leigong's rogue neighbour... Hm.
Will check with folk my side, see if there'd be any support for it before I get the rubber room getaway trip over suggesting trying to hit 0.

- Separate note, on relaying current carriers to the discord, CMDR Sniik apparently had 1197 samples for Kanus, will be transferring them to the Nadira in a couple of hours.

Last edited:
I am hoping very much that seven systems will be few enough to stop the Titan—already next week at M. Oya will be as strong to defeat as the final week at M. Taranis! The best outcome is that everyone destroys the Titan as quickly as possible while it has seven, and we discover later that Cephei Sector XO-A b3 can still be used to help tidy up afterwards.

Even without a three-quarter-heart head-start, T. Leigong would have been less than half a week with three systems, and with Commanders already attacking T. Oya I think the available five weeks will be quite fine with seven systems. If somehow that is not enough, we need all Commanders to conclude the same, and thus all decide together to attack the Spire. The best timetable for that is:
  • Use the first few days in week 71 just attacking the Titan, assuming at first it is possible then discovering it is not.
  • Leaving the Spire site alone, use the remainder of week 71 to gather payloads. Any who just want to attack the Titan are very welcome to continue!
  • Storm the Spire site in week 72.
The payloads needed would be quite steep; six systems with double the combined strength of the nine next week, more realistically a case of clearing the first three:

System
100%
15%
Baiabozo
95527​
14330​
Cephei Sector AF-A c11​
96099​
14415​
Inara
129941​
19492​
Cephei Sector XO-A b3
Spire
—​
Cephei Sector XO-A b1​
143402​
21511​
Eoto
160400​
24060​
Cephei Sector XO-A b2​
160400​
24060​

Either way, during any Maelstrom clearance and Titan attack, please note that there is little margin for Commanders being split between supposing the Titan can be attacked with present resistance and supposing it cannot. Within one week, because besieging a Spire site is mostly useless unless it receives full commitment, it becomes as well for any Titan assault also to be a full commitment! The only exception is aborting a Titan assault in favour of Research harvesting, at least among those who do either or both, hence not even attempting the Spire until the next Thursday threshold arrives.

At this stage, the Thursday grip upon strategy remains as strong as ever!

Wonderful! Two more await delivery over the next two days, and for the moment I imagine both Commanders are being reminded by half a squadron each.

A good amount of new interest is emerging for helping to expose T. Oya; for Commanders arriving and seeing unexpected Carrier-related messages:
  • For the next two days, the only feasible way to help is by using Research limpets to collect corrosive samples at a week 70 system on the M. Oya inventory list and selling them at the respective Fleet carrier, hence all the talk about payloads and deliveries. This will continue into week 70, but it is presently the only action until week 70.
  • From Thursday 28th March 3310 more Spire site activity will be needed also, as summarised at the top of this thread under Matrix systems. Combat will not help at present because the immediate peripheral progress is complete, although for on-foot saboteurs I presume it could be useful to stockpile the compounds ready for Thursday.
Otherwise, for the moment it will be best just to defend Invasion systems elsewhere, particularly at Bagalya (86%) and Bormuninus (80%)!
If I could set a buy order for Semi-refined Spire Mineral I would... 🫴💷

As I’ve stated before (and is abundantly clear from my posts) I haven’t got a scooby doo what’s going on, though thanks to the prompts from commanders on here I’m more informed than a week ago.That being said I've got to admit I’m addicted to this blinking thread, the organisation being shown has me fully engrossed and my hats off to you peeps putting in what must be enormous amounts of effort coordinating everything, it’s mind boggling

Just went to do a bombing run on M.Oya and wow, it is heavily defended.
I suppose we must whittle away at its (Oya's) systems first, maybe we'll see after Thursday whether we can attack the Titan directly or will have to wait until next week Thursday.

I just wanted to do a 2M tag on it each week but had a rebuy instead (2 runs on it and all hell broke loose on just me!)

Any suggestions for any Invasion systems around M.Oya?

There will be no Invasions at M. Oya directly for at least quite a while now, and more likely not at all! Under the present plan, I believe the next Invasion opportunity would become Ardhri over a month from now—but only if the Titan survives somehow.

That being the case, the next-best answer regards Invasions at other Maelstroms close to M. Oya, those being Indra and Raijin. At M. Raijin we have Bormuninus (86%) which looks set to complete today. Following behind that at M. Indra are HIP 20948 (46%) and HIP 20056 (43%), minding that the former has a long Supercruise and the latter has high gravity at the attacked port.

Oya's Alerts and Invasions have been cleared and it shouldn't be getting any more for a few weeks - by which stage, hopefully, it will have been defeated anyway.

Your options are either to help contain one of the others which has them to reduce the work needed later - Indra and Raijin are nearby and Invasions at both are being actively fought - or to support the attacks on Controls at Oya. Until Thursday no further direct attacks on those Controls are practical, but you could prepare for next week's attacks by either collecting samples for the assigned fleet carriers, or by building up a personal stockpile of Spire sabotage materials to use on Oya's spires next week.

maybe we'll see after Thursday whether we can attack the Titan directly or will have to wait until next week Thursday.
This week's attacks will reduce Oya to 17 Control systems next week, which is unlikely to be sufficient - Leigong at a similar count was taking only 20% heart damage a week.

The following week's attacks, if all goes to plan, should reduce Oya to 7 systems on 4 April. That might be enough to start doing more significant damage, though likely still taking multiple weeks to get all eight hearts.

In their absence, I went to Raijin in Bormuninus(as above). Plan to be there as well - would like to support control clearing efforts but with lack of combat effectiveness(especially now that it is all at the <15ly range), and an inability to tolerate sampling… do what I can to keep things from burning as much elsewhere. The closest Titan that side now.

Last edited:
The [TCIA] Langley will take samples for the system Warnones.
The carrier stays in Lyncis Sector YP-P b5-3, distance to Warnones is ~12LY
Demand is set at 5000 to have some buffer to the needed 4200.

Current Scout samples: 5000 Market has Closed!!!

Last edited:
Just went to do a bombing run on M.Oya and wow, it is heavily defended.
I suppose we must whittle away at its (Oya's) systems first, maybe we'll see after Thursday whether we can attack the Titan directly or will have to wait until next week Thursday.

I just wanted to do a 2M tag on it each week but had a rebuy instead (2 runs on it and all hell broke loose on just me!)

Been doing a few of these - they tend to be easier if you go in quietly/cold and wait for the next cycle before lighting it up. can normally get 2 complete runs in a krait before i want to go and repair/restock. if you do get noticed, then a heatsink and head round the other side of the titan seems to help quieten it down again.

Okay, I will store them on my carrier then and drop to megaship on Thursday evening. I have 360 now, think I will get 800-1000 total by then, depending on how much time I can find for playing.

Scythes can be reliably spawned in Combat Aftermath Threat 4 (I haven't tried higher threats yet).
I can replicate this after dropping to 30fps. Are you certain scythe samples count - I don't want to risk delivering samples with no effect. Instead I've let the scythes circle as I sample the last scout and that works nicely in Combat Aftermath Threat 4 as nothing else spawns in so thank you for that. Plus I get to kill the scythes before I leave each time

I can replicate this after dropping to 30fps. Are you certain scythe samples count - I don't want to risk delivering samples with no effect. Instead I've let the scythes circle as I sample the last scout and that works nicely in Combat Aftermath Threat 4 as nothing else spawns in so thank you for that. Plus I get to kill the scythes before I leave each time
I tested it a while back. Scythe samples have the same effectiveness per sample as Scout samples.

Top Bottom