Thargoid War Rebalancing

Yaaaayyyy they are gonna nerf the war and take away all the fun. Congratz care bears and cry babies.
1a6.png

I must still be playing the game wrong because with one exception discussed elsewhere all the gameplay I was enjoying are still working fine, I do understand that a portion of the game isn’t working properly but it is only a portion of the game.

Yes, you missed something.

"content", not "new content".
Also with enough pessimism you can say "no new content" about anything. For me CZs around active stations, on ground and in space are definetely game changer. It isn't 100% new content, but this new verion of old content is very cool.

If they only could fix bugs with instances, invisible goids, fleeing goids, and dead mission board...

Even ground combat with thargoids isn't new content, because "it is just ground pew pew, but to other enemies" ;)
Same with new ships.
Why I talk about it...because I see a lot of comments about adding similar things, which in reality aren't new, but smh people still want it :D
<yes, new ship without completely new purpose isn't new thing, it is just old content (example combat) in ship with slighty different look>
Good for you. Probably not good for Frontier as the game remains the same with nothing fresh and new that can bring me and I believe others back to the game.

Look at stemcharts my friend.
Online is more or less similar for years. So it can mean 2 things
1) group of few thousands players play for years without breaks
or
2) retention of players is big, but it means, that some players definetely back to game for whole time.

So you can complain on 0 new content, but I see, that a lot of people still enjoy it.

PS: game remains the same? Oh, what's a tragedy.
(launching #1948191 campaign in medieval 2)

So you useless gaming manufacturers, your game with the thargoid invasion exceeds the limits, you really screwed it up, you can but also nothing, your promises are useless, although you announced it would change after each tick something about the strength of the thargoids, not even in the interception maneuver has changed something, this has now become a very bad game and you belong to it. Too bad, because with such stupidity you can not force a profit, just keep it up, because the millions of players will soon no longer want to actively play this game.
With not cheerful greetings
Ivan the Terrible

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

2oyzfl.jpg

Whoa there buddy,
Gonna need you to relax a bit.

You mean in few months when the game is closed for good? Because update 14 didn't bring new players nether old players like me. To explain you in simple words this means no fresh money and no game. good luck
Don't worry, I'm not bothered - old players like you have already spent their money. New players, who knows, you certainly don't (you are not playing, so how could you?) and I don't know either, but the game will keep going for at least another year (guess why?) and that would have been a great run for me...

Good for you. Probably not good for Frontier as the game remains the same with nothing fresh and new that can bring me and I believe others back to the game.
Well, pardon me for saying but there's a number of groups of players digging into this like a bunch of starving sailors and loving the interaction and the challenge of coordinating attacks and defense. I believe I stated in another threat that his was more like the participation that power play was expected to be; one powerful group expanding and without player participation, all of humankind would be forced out of the bubble.

To clarify, this IS fresh content, never been tried before (AI guiding the activity of the aliens with the express intention of expanding unless stopped) in a game environment that players where the players need to react.

I don't believe this has been tried before, has it? World of Warcraft, maybe? EVE Online? Warhammer 40,000? Halo? I propose that the game is NOT the same.

You mean in few months when the game is closed for good? Because update 14 didn't bring new players nether old players like me. To explain you in simple words this means no fresh money and no game. good luck
Average player numbers are up by over a third since U14, just saying.
Seems like they might be onto something here by offering varied gameplay tied to a narrative.
I guess we'll just have to see how well that holds up over time and if they can keep ppl engaged.

Player numbers are up ? As we really don't have a running total from Frontier any set of numbers can be misleading or incomplete ? Even the much vaunted "steam charts " . People are playing Elite ver 4.0 is all we can say .

Average player numbers are up by over a third since U14, just saying.
Seems like they might be onto something here by offering varied gameplay tied to a narrative.
I guess we'll just have to see how well that holds up over time and if they can keep ppl engaged.
I have reservations about narrative gameplay in Elite but as long as it doesn't become too dominant.

Back
Top Bottom