The Buckyball Racing Club Presents: Braking Badly (Swift-16 Championship, Race 6)

Submitted bench mark entries in both classes. No major mistakes but have yet to get in and out without a fine. Two obscured jumps for both, so more time to be had and have not attempted shenanigans other than shieldless, so far. Also had an aborted run in my Asp Explorer than was nearly fatal, getting jammed in the toast rack with the fines piling on at my first survey stop. Going in backwards is not going to work in that ship, for me (I couldn't even do the Imperial Capital Ship backwards flythrough reliably in a Sidewinder in an earlier race).
Had a bit of luck on my successful Asp Explorer run, as I got scanned when leaving a survey stop but was going fast enough that it could not complete! I also saw a CMDR in a Vulture in Ross 671 but managed a very good supercruise approach so that there was no time for them to reach me (they had switched from hollow square to a triangle, so maybe they were lining up a FSD interdictor).
Nerve-wracking first day!

Livesplit files are up https://github.com/Epaphus/LiveSplit-Elite-The-Swift-Sixteen-Championship

Sorry for the delay, I like to get them up before the race starts however this week just ran away from me.
Thank heavens for that: I looked the other day to see which ones to use as a starting point and went cross-eyed. Couldn't figure it out at all.
2) I learned that, no matter how many times you scroll up and down the list, you won't be able to sell narcotics at the commodities screen
I'm glad I'm not the only one!
This either shows that -
a) You do not sell drugs very often.
b) You are daft
Definitely a) I haven't smuggled anything since I unlocked The Dweller.

Unlimited run submitted. Yes, very pedestrian effort, but I managed it and I was smiling all the way round.
Query: I did buy the narcotics on the carrier (as I sold them later!) but only just realised they don't appear in my inventory at the start of the video. This is a bug/glitch that I've noticed on several occasions, but if it's is a problem, let me know :)

Last edited:
Unlimited run submitted. Yes, very pedestrian effort, but I managed it and I was smiling all the way round.
Query: I did buy the narcotics on the carrier (as I sold them later!) but only just realised they don't appear in my inventory at the start of the video. This is a bug/glitch that I've noticed on several occasions, but if it's is a problem, let me know :)
It's a bug when buying from a carrier, after buying pop back into the commodity market and the inventory will update

I’ve reviewed it and with your submission being video evidence I can see it was there. As Epaphus says above, it’s a bug, I’ve had it happen to me in the past too. 👍

First unlimited run submitted. Sorry but I'm really struggling to fight years of muscle memory and get a screenshot of transactions prior to landing and have failed to remember to do so on every single attempt so far. I do have video evidence to backup my submission should it be required tho.

Leaderboards are up!

I've left every submission in for comparison so far, but as we draw towards the end of the week I'll delete duplicate CMDRs to give a clearer view.

Some very good runs so far with a great couple by Shaye Blackwood to show the way in Unlimited Class, closely followed by a frankly terrifying run by Sulu (Fish172). In Regulation it seems to be all routing with a smattering of bonuses too with Edelgard von Rhein taking an early lead, followed by Martin Jameson (Arrowroot66) and Epaphus.

:)

Top Bottom