General / Off-Topic The Covid vaccine must be mandatory ?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
There is one thing, that I believe, has not been mentioned here. Those that commit, deliberate acts, intending to harm others. It is a thing. Humans have been known to infect others, deliberately. The HIV history shows us, this to be a fact. In this world, where the crazies seem to be running the show, it has to be a threat and one hard to avoid, if you have a determined attacker.
Yes I think there are many people who spread the virus deliberately.

And there are also unruly people who throw their masks on the ground in the street.

😷

Roughly half of Germans believe the EU has handled the coronavirus vaccine rollout badly, according to an opinion poll.

Or:
"Fully half or more Germans are pleased with this same exact thing". 👍👎🤷‍♀️

Because of the language barrier, it's not impossible to imagine that the UK data might not be known by all the citizens. And a good chunk of the unhappy might just be antivaxxers experiencing realtime proof that their beliefs are false, and wanting the programme to halt.

In France, compulsory vaccination for caregivers is under study.

Only 25% of the first 600,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine were used in one month in nursing homes.

Just over a third (37%) of health professionals only are vaccinated in "Île-de-France" (Paris and Paris region).

Only 34% of hospitals doctors and between 16 and 17% of other personnel (paramedical, technical, administrative, etc.) had received at least one dose at the end of February.

It is not a surprise, the caregivers in France have always been predominantly against the vaccination for themselves.

😷

Only 25% of the first 600,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine were used in one month in nursing homes.

Just over a third (37%) of health professionals only are vaccinated in "Île-de-France" (Paris and Paris region).

Only 34% of hospitals doctors and between 16 and 17% of other personnel (paramedical, technical, administrative, etc.) had received at least one dose at the end of February.

It is not a surprise, the caregivers in France have always been predominantly against the vaccination for themselves.

😷

That's really really odd.

It's optional here, but everyone opts in. Possibly something to do with dying of covid or being left with long covid being far more common than being anti-vax in qualified medics.

That's really really odd.

It's optional here, but everyone opts in. Possibly something to do with dying of covid or being left with long covid being far more common than being anti-vax in qualified medics.n any case they say that the compulsory vaccination of caregivers is currently being studied by the government.

In any case they say that the compulsory vaccination of caregivers is currently being studied by the government.

But it is not acquired because there are 20% of irreducible caregivers who are ready to leave the profession if they are forced to be vaccinated.

And France at the moment cannot afford to lose 20% of its caregivers because there is already a great shortage of qualified personnel in the hospitals.

😷

😷

I still find the situation in France with vaccines baffling. I found the article below on the topic very interesting. It seems on the topic of vaccines the U.K. and French populations couldn’t be much further apart.

I still find the situation in France with vaccines baffling.

Well that because you are rational, and use evidence to come to a conclusion.

If you just try it backwards, you will see how it works. Conclusions they hold determine what evidence they will admit, and what mountains of observations, quarries of graves, and reams of data that they will ignore.

Last edited:
I wonder if the higher uptake of vaccine in the uk is due to the fact that we’ve been hit the hardest in europe? Maybe we’re just so frustrated with our inability to escape having to have lockdowns that the vaccine is that much more appealing as an alternative? ;-)

Last edited:
I wonder if the higher uptake of vaccine in the uk is due to the fact that we’ve been hit the hardest in europe? Maybe we’re just so frustrated with our inability to escape having to have lockdowns that the vaccine is that much more appealing as an alternative?

I think it's light at the end of the tunnel and people are hopeful about it. We've never really had that much of an anti-vax movement, it used to be a crystal dangling thing now it's shifted over more to the far right and 5G conspiracy types and most people in the UK can't take that seriously.

I still find the situation in France with vaccines baffling. I found the article below on the topic very interesting. It seems on the topic of vaccines the U.K. and French populations couldn’t be much further apart.

Very interesting article that corresponds to the reality.

It also says: "Only a minority of vaccine skeptics are hardline anti-vaxxers", which is true.

I also note that in France we have not had riots against the confinement and the vaccine as in the Netherlands. :)

😷

Very interesting article that corresponds to the reality.

It also says: "Only a minority of vaccine skeptics are hardline anti-vaxxers", which is true.

I also note that in France we have not had riots against the confinement and the vaccine as in the Netherlands. :)

😷

Like you say it seems more distrust than anti-vaccers.

What happening in the Netherlands is also strange. For some reason there is very little news coverage of the riots there in the U.K.

I read someone bombed a covid test centre the other day. Crazy if true :(

People are tired of being lied to. All of this has felt like not-the-whole-truth/some kind of cover up and no one wants forced injections of a product with so much negativity surrounding it.

The negativity is almost entirely the result of a smear campaign aimed at a vaccine provider to distract people from their own failures. It was an insanely irresponsible thing to do during a pandemic. Especially for the leaders of a country that knows it has a problem with vaccine skeptics. :(

If people are tired of lies they should be moving away from the really easily verifiable anti-vax conspiracy lies though. Seems completely counterintuitive.
People are not idiots, they are not influenced by the lies of anti vaxxers.

The majority of people are able to form an opinion for themselves.

Only anti vaxxers are influenced by anti vaxxers :)

And remember the anti vaxxers are a tiny minority (in France in any case).

😷

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom