The Deep Space Support Array (DSSA) | A FleetComm Initiative

Much respect to everyone who was involved in this. Repaired at the Rocksteady.

Norma.jpg

A heads-up here about an incoming name change: I'll be renaming my carrier (#127) from IGAU Inverness to DSSA Inverness, because I left that squadron. However, since I can't modify it remotely but actually have to go dock there instead, it'll take some time for the name change to happen. Just thought I'd give a heads-up here, in case the name change would produce some errors and make the carrier disappear from trackers. I'll post an updated GMP form when the new name will be live.

And the unexpected happens... Today I was planet side working an exobiology shift with my SRV. Recalled my ship and watched, in amazement, as it tried to land upside down. I just sat there watching this thing bash into the ground, flip over, twist every which way then slam top down into the planet surface over and over again. It finally dawned on me that this is doing damage. I dismissed my drunken ship and moved my SRV to a more land friendly location and this time recalled and boarded successfully. Fortunately I still had 81% left on my hull at this point (thank you deep-plating). With a long journey still ahead I was a little concerned about maybe needing that missing 19% hull at some point. As luck would have it, I was just a dozen jumps or so from DSSA Nereus' Deep [MNG-B0Z] (Achilles's Altar) Engopr YH-L b14-2! Thank you Cmdr Bar-Low and DSSA!
20210905183130_1.jpg

And the unexpected happens... Today I was planet side working an exobiology shift with my SRV. Recalled my ship and watched, in amazement, as it tried to land upside down. I just sat there watching this thing bash into the ground, flip over, twist every which way then slam top down into the planet surface over and over again. It finally dawned on me that this is doing damage. I dismissed my drunken ship and moved my SRV to a more land friendly location and this time recalled and boarded successfully. Fortunately I still had 81% left on my hull at this point (thank you deep-plating). With a long journey still ahead I was a little concerned about maybe needing that missing 19% hull at some point. As luck would have it, I was just a dozen jumps or so from DSSA Nereus' Deep [MNG-B0Z] (Achilles's Altar) Engopr YH-L b14-2! Thank you Cmdr Bar-Low and DSSA!
View attachment 261080
The same thing has happened to me. Strangest thing I've ever seen.

I'm wanting to move my fleet carrier back near the bubble. I've been deployed in the black for nearly a year (Oct 14) and wouldn't mind coming in a tad early if anyone wants to get out there.

I think Gnauty was the last one in charge of the DSSA deployments, right? It looks like he hasn't logged into the forum for almost a year (late October 2020). Has anyone else heard from Gnauty? Just curious what this means for managing deployments, especially since we already have one message above from one that's getting ready to un-deploy and free up a slot.

OK, he might really be MIA. I'm just wondering if we need to consider having a change of staff soon. I certainly don't want to pull the rug out from under Gnauty, it's just that we have one carrier owner above who is getting ready to pull out (one year of service), and it's possible we may have others too, so there may be administrative tasks coming up.

As far as I know, only Gnauty and Qohen Leth have editing access to the tracker and forms, aside from the individual commanders being able to edit their own entries of course.

The tracker has an Operational Until field, the leaver can just make sure that is correct and we should be covered for the current case. I guess we should have someone in charge though going forward.

Yeah, that field could be useful for this case. I may update the EDAstro map to consider a carrier suspended if it goes past that date. The commander can always change the date to fix this.

The issue still remains though, particularly when it comes to fielding replacements. I can imagine at least a handful will want to rotate out. Unless anyone else has access to the reserve list?

I have no idea where the reserve list is stored, so that would totally be a question for Gnauty (who isn't here, of course).

I guess the worst-case scenario would be to dump the tracker and the existing reserve list, and replace them with something else. Hopefully it won't come to that, though.

I may update the EDAstro map to consider a carrier suspended if it goes past that date. The commander can always change the date to fix this.

I added this to the map, and a few carriers are now marked as suspended. The owners can adjust the date in their forms to be un-suspended, of course.

I'm tempted to change this to something other than just "suspended" though. Maybe yellow color, and flagged as "past deployment date" or something like that.

EDIT: I went ahead and hacked that in. So now they'll show as yellow, and "Past Deployed-Until Date".

Last edited:
To give you some updates regarding the DSSA, fortunately the lack of leadership for the DSSA is now resolved. Eramus of GMP fame stepped up to manage the transition and it was quickly done!

The DSSA is now lead by the DSSA Council. Meaning it no longer rests in one person's hand and should be more flexible in managing people becoming inactive.

Council Members (Discord Names over on FleetComm HQ):
SpaceTrash67 (DSSA#13)
CMDR Scopelx (DSSA#1
SKidathor (DSSA#5
LethalMoustache (DSSA#140) [XB]

From what I have seen they are currently looking in to what permissions they need and what to do next, so it might take a bit to sort it all out. But they have, for example, already access to the reserve list, the tracker sheet and those things. If you have questions for them or want to stay up on date it would be best to visit the DSSA-Channels over on FleetComm HQ discord.

To give you some updates regarding the DSSA, fortunately the lack of leadership for the DSSA is now resolved. Eramus of GMP fame stepped up to manage the transition and it was quickly done!

The DSSA is now lead by the DSSA Council. Meaning it no longer rests in one person's hand and should be more flexible in managing people becoming inactive.

Council Members (Discord Names over on FleetComm HQ):
SpaceTrash67 (DSSA#13)
CMDR Scopelx (DSSA#1
SKidathor (DSSA#5
LethalMoustache (DSSA#140) [XB]

From what I have seen they are currently looking in to what permissions they need and what to do next, so it might take a bit to sort it all out. But they have, for example, already access to the reserve list, the tracker sheet and those things. If you have questions for them or want to stay up on date it would be best to visit the DSSA-Channels over on FleetComm HQ discord.
Good work, thanks for the update.

I put myself on the reserve list before the initiative took off and have been parked in Errant Marches for well over a year. Have always been keen to be part of this project as I have no intention of moving the FC anywhere and exploration is my main focus. Still active and eager to participate and available if you have space.

Peace

o7

o7 Cmdrs -

Just thought I would drop a quick note here on behalf of the newly formed DSSA Council: we have just been given access to the main DSSA Tracking and Reserve sheets over the past few days and are trying to begin sending the first Reserve DSSA invitations out in the next week or so...

But we are starting off with trying to contact those Cmdrs who - according to the DSSA Tracking sheet (link in 1st post is still correct) have expired / expiring deployments - however there is not a consistent communication standard for contacting them...While the Reserve DSSA Signup sheet always included a required email address - the original DSSA signup did not?!? So we will be trying across a small spectrum of mediums to verify existing deployments ASAP - and then begin notifying the Reservists...

We have made one important decision as a council however: in part contrary to the introductory post - we do NOT expect any deployed Cmdr to be responsible for finding a replacement - that will the be the primary task for the council: to keep the DSSA Network at as close to 100% operations as possible - and manage any ending deployments and their replacements as seamlessly as possible (of course the more notice a departing DSSA FC Cmdr can give us the better!) Any Reserve slots will be filled in 'FIFO' (First In / FIrst Out) order - meaning the Cmdr who has been on the reserve list the longest will be offered first opening, the second longest- Reservist the second opening and so on...

While the four of us on the DSSA Council know each other from the FleetComm Discord (dating back at least to DW2 for me) - if you do not have (or want to use) Discord - go ahead and DM us here in Forums - we all have the same Cmdr names for our Forum accounts as listed in the first post...

We look forward to keeping the DSSA running smoothly and providing 'shelter from the storm' for all those weary explorers in the depths of space throughout the galaxy!

@LethalMoustache
@SKidathor
@scopelx
@SpaceTrash67

DSSA_Blue_70px.png

CMDRs,

After sorting through the data left to us and much Excel wizardry, the DSSA Council is happy to announce the public version of the DSSA Reserve List!
https://bit.ly/dssareserve (@Qohen Leth, when you have time, please add this link to the first post 🧡)

If you see your name on the list but are no longer interested please let one of us know.

This list updates in much the same way as the DSSA Network tracker, so there may be some delay. If your name doesn't show up 10-15 minutes after submitting your reserve form, please let us know.

When filling out the form, please remember to save the edit link at the end in case you need to update your information. There is now an option to email your responses to yourself which also includes your update link.

Please make sure your contact information is accurate (email in particular). CMDR's who do not respond in a reasonable amount of time to an assignment notification will be skipped.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

o7

@LethalMoustache
@SKidathor
@scopelx
@SpaceTrash67

Last edited:
BTW, I made a shorter URL with some basic default settings for the DSSA map:

https://edastro.com/galmap/DSSA
Thanks Orvidius!

We are using your DSSA Deployment Map - in conjunction with the DSSA Tracker and Reserve Lists - to review / target where future DSSA deploy to give us the opportunity to even out the coverage / spacing when possible...Some galactic regions are vast - and "3 DSSA / region" appears insufficient - and other regions have DSSA rather densely packed (even across several adjacent regions)....

The DSSA Council begs a little more patience - as we are now working on sorting out the number of "pre-planning" DSSA - that have yet to deploy(??) - and then seeing where we can realistically fit in an additional DSSA here or there...

o7

@LethalMoustache
@SKidathor
@scopelx
@SpaceTrash67

3RilRwb.png

Top Bottom