The Deep Space Support Array (DSSA) | A FleetComm Initiative

Wow, that's excellent, I didn't know there were carriers with Tritium for sale far out in the galaxy. Is there a list of which ones do? I guess they would show on Inara but that may not be the easiest way to plan a voyage.
There's the STAR Initiative, and I don't think that they have a website, but you can find them in the Fleet Carrier Owners Club Discord server. EDAstro's interactive galaxy map does track and display the network's carriers, like it does the DSSA's; you can view that here.

Some (most?) DSSA carrier do have tritium for sale, too. If memory serves, six of them provided my carrier with fuel so far. Which I'm enormously grateful for since I'm really a big fan of mining...

Hint: if there is no info about carrier's market in Inara or Inara shows that there is no tritium for sale, it's definitely worth reaching out directly to carrier's owner.

When did DSSA Pegasus leave Hyuqau WU-N c23-79 ?

It's moved to Newton's Vault.

An earlier post in this thread, and EDPS, and whatever exact source I used when making a route last August, still has it in Hyuqau WU-N c23-79. However the spreadsheet and EDAstro match the game.

1646525944244.png

Attachments

• 1646525612801.png
    1646525612801.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
There's the STAR Initiative, and I don't think that they have a website, but you can find them in the Fleet Carrier Owners Club Discord server. EDAstro's interactive galaxy map does track and display the network's carriers, like it does the DSSA's; you can view that here.
Please note EDASTRO is not updated at all (at the moment is just a test), and shows a minimal part of the STAR carriers. The complete list at the moment is in FCOC only, but as a rule of thumb there should be a STAR depot (directly by STAR or in cooperation with DSSA) about every 10kly anywhere in the galaxy.

This is the current coverage, again best place to check/ask is FCOC discord.

Attachments

• fuelrats-rescues-regions_plain2.png
    fuelrats-rescues-regions_plain2.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
2. Is TFS Carpe Vinum tzn-l3z still part of the DSSA network? It is still in byae aowsy gr-n d6-52 but is not on the spreadsheet
3. The callsign for DSSA Solsen's Alastor in the DSSA spreadsheet is incorrect (O vs 0)
4. The callsign for DSSA Artemis Rest (K1B-75W) is wrong in the spreadsheet
1. DSSA Pegasus was approved to relocate on 30 Jan in order to better space out some of the carriers in that region.
2. TFS Carpe Vinum retired from DSSA service on 28 Feb.
3. Fixed
4. Fixed

Thank you very much for the updates!

Last edited:
According to edastro that DSSA is not yet deployed, according to DSSA Tracker is "in preparation"
Yes however it was marked in the above system and verified by Inara 18 days ago, the system is 500ly from the final deployed system and it isnt there either lol they need to add the filter for FC's back into Elite

Yes however it was marked in the above system and verified by Inara 18 days ago, the system is 500ly from the final deployed system and it isnt there either lol they need to add the filter for FC's back into Elite
I would not trust Inara (expecially updated 18 days ago) for a non deployed DSSA, Tracker or EDASTRO should be a better option. According to Edastro the carrier is in the bubble (maybe they are back because of U11), in LTT 15574. I am going checking for you :)

edit: it is not... i just remebered i am in the discord of the deploying operation, last update was "currently mining fuel in one of the Witch head sectors before heading out." Tracker reports it in Witch Head Sector DQ-Y c2

Last edited:
I would not trust Inara (expecially updated 18 days ago) for a non deployed DSSA, Tracker or EDASTRO should be a better option. According to Edastro the carrier is in the bubble (maybe they are back because of U11), in LTT 15574. I am going checking for you :)

edit: it is not... i just remebered i am in the discord of the deploying operation, last update was "currently mining fuel in one of the Witch head sectors before heading out." Tracker reports it in Witch Head Sector DQ-Y c2
Thanks for that

I was on my way to Eishoqs QM-J c10-1 where DSSA Carrier "Deep Space 27" should be. Will I see it when entering the system or are the DSSA carriers jumping to outfitters? If so I change my routing and visit a carrier in a week or two instead.

I was on my way to Eishoqs QM-J c10-1 where DSSA Carrier "Deep Space 27" should be. Will I see it when entering the system or are the DSSA carriers jumping to outfitters? If so I change my routing and visit a carrier in a week or two instead.
There is intended to always be a DSSA carrier present, though the actual carrier present may be changing if people choose to upgrade their facilities.

We are looking into Sang Rim and Elysian Shore. The Formorian Frontier will not be populated with DSSA carriers for the time being. This area was originally reserved for DW3 content and the Council has decided to honor that request in the event DW3 does happen one day.

Well, given that Erimus et. al. have indiciated DW3 will never happen, you may want to open that area up.

Glorious Dawn has arrived in Temple, to fill in for Paradox Destiny. The latter is now heading back to the bubble for refit. I expect it'll be several days before it has returned to its post, but Glorious Dawn will remain here until then.

For the people who host DSSA carriers and who have committed their piece as a mainstay for "public service" to explorers, I am certain some of you take great care in selecting and grooming your carriers. In case this news has not reached you yet, the portraits for your crew are borked since update 11 as they are for all carriers. For a chance to save them so they can go back to the way they were, I strongly advise you to NOT touch them to not corrupt the original database entry, since the Horizon portraits remain the same so far.

The ticket is here: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/48609

More detail on what I could gather is here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...faces-and-how-fdev-might-restore-them.600942/

I hope this problem is going to be resolved and the crew faces you selected and enjoyed for you and every visitor's sake can be restored.

I'm hoping we get some word from FDev on how necessary the portrait change is. My strong suspicion is that this was necessary for the characters to be compatible with on-foot interaction. I think the old portrait system was designed only for portraits, and the new setup can work on actual avatars. Plus, it looks like there's a limited pool of new character appearances that are curated (not truly random), and can show up on other NPCs.

A question to you (DSSA) fleet carrier owners: Do you need to travel your carrier to the bubble (or colonia, or somewhere) to be able to fit the new concourse services (Pioneer supplies etc.)? Because I'm currently near Pilgrim's Harbor in Hieronymus Delta and am looking forward to being able to purchase an Artemis suit from a fleet carrier, but I'm wondering is it worth my while to hang around here for some days hoping that the carrier will get upgraded, or should I just move on and hope the next carrier I arrive to is updated by the time I get there.

A related question - will (or could) the EDAstro map show which fleet carriers have the services (Pioneer Supplies especially)?

Top Bottom