The Deep Space Support Array (DSSA) | A FleetComm Initiative

Are there any plans to populate Sanguineous Rim, Elysian Shore and Formorian Frontier with Carriers?
I seem to recall they were off limits last year for possible DSSA events. Any news on those?

Are there any plans to populate Sanguineous Rim, Elysian Shore and Formorian Frontier with Carriers?
I seem to recall they were off limits last year for possible DSSA events. Any news on those?
We are looking into Sang Rim and Elysian Shore. The Formorian Frontier will not be populated with DSSA carriers for the time being. This area was originally reserved for DW3 content and the Council has decided to honor that request in the event DW3 does happen one day.

Last edited:
To give you some updates regarding the DSSA, fortunately the lack of leadership for the DSSA is now resolved. Eramus of GMP fame stepped up to manage the transition and it was quickly done!

The DSSA is now lead by the DSSA Council. Meaning it no longer rests in one person's hand and should be more flexible in managing people becoming inactive.

Council Members (Discord Names over on FleetComm HQ):
SpaceTrash67 (DSSA#13)
CMDR Scopelx (DSSA#1
SKidathor (DSSA#5
LethalMoustache (DSSA#140) [XB]

From what I have seen they are currently looking in to what permissions they need and what to do next, so it might take a bit to sort it all out. But they have, for example, already access to the reserve list, the tracker sheet and those things. If you have questions for them or want to stay up on date it would be best to visit the DSSA-Channels over on FleetComm HQ discord.

Thanks for stepping up! This will really re-invigorate the DSSA and was much needed. I appreciate your efforts. Let me know how I can help!

-Cmdr Mercillus
DSSA Gene Roddenberry

Massive thank you to CMDR Dragotha. I recently got back into the game after an absence and my ship was somewhere in the Sagittarius Carina arm. My list of old bookmarks had Ultima Centauri in it and color me surprised but DSSA Black Adder was located there. After the first and worst landing in 3 years, I managed to unload my cartographics data and even made some money in the process. Decided to give my Cobra Mk IV a new paintjob too.

o7

Massive thank you to CMDR Dragotha. I recently got back into the game after an absence and my ship was somewhere in the Sagittarius Carina arm. My list of old bookmarks had Ultima Centauri in it and color me surprised but DSSA Black Adder was located there. After the first and worst landing in 3 years, I managed to unload my cartographics data and even made some money in the process. Decided to give my Cobra Mk IV a new paintjob too.

o7
Congrats and thank you for sharing! It’s Deep Space explorers such as yourself that the DSSA was conceived for….

Easily locate the nearest DSSA throughout the galaxy at ED Astrometrics:
ED Astro - DSSA

31D0023F-A9BD-47DC-A929-2D84497D2185.png

Last edited:
It was probably moved, as if it was decommisioned it would still be in system in that state. I still don't know if carriers stay in a decommisioned state or if they get dismantled for real?

I still don't know if carriers stay in a decommisioned state or if they get dismantled for real?
The FAQ on reddit says "The decommissioned carrier will apparently cease to exist three months after decommission". Ah, there's an update here:
"In our test cases, decommissioned fleet carriers were removed from the game just over two months after entering the Decommissioned state."

Hey guys,

Just had to go by the carrier "Walk In The Shadows" in Plae Chreou HK-A d6, seems it was moved or decommissioned.

Hey Goglu2,

Thanks for the update. I've been meaning to go out there and check out that carrier myself since it had been listed as suspended for quite some time. We originally thought that it showing up as suspended was erroneous, but my new theory is that it has gone through the full decommission process and has been removed from the game.

Regardless, we will attempt to contact the owner and find out where it went.

o7

Last edited:
So, 3308. DSSA still working. I'm a regular user. But can someone tell me why the hell the DSSA SOLSEN'S ALASTOR, owned by CMDR REN SOLSEN, HAS NO REFUELING FACILITIES????? They know this is a DSSA carrier, right?

Last edited:
So, 3308. DSSA still working. I'm a regular user. But can someone tell me why the hell the DSSA SOLSEN'S ALASTOR, owned by CMDR REN SOLSEN, HAS NO REFUELING FACILITIES????? They know this is a DSSA carrier, right?
o7 Cmdr!

Since the DSSA was conceived / intended to provided repair (ex Power Plant) and rearming (ex. Heat Sinks) services in deep space for explorers pushing out the boundaries of explored space - the assumption is that they arrived there under their own power - and with their own fuel source (ie Fuel Scoop)....

So while most DSSA offer a wider array of services (I personally have everything installed and active - except for Secure Warehouse - sets me back 23.5 million / week) - there are no firm requirements other than Repair / Rearm....(I believe there is one DSSA - at least by the services on the DSSA Tracker sheet) - that doesn't have UC installed (obviously missing out on free support)....

Hope that helps - please let us know if any questions...

Cheers!

(Member of current DSSA Council)

I have a DSSA carrier that doesn't have a Refuel service fitted either. Two reasons for that, the main one being that refueling has upkeep, and pretty much everyone who comes this way in the deep galaxy has a fuel scoop fitted anyway. Now, the lower the credit upkeep, the longer the carrier can stay out there on its own.
The second reason is that refueling still takes up 500 T, so forgoing that allows me to hold a bit more tritium, to help other carriers out with.

EDSM has logged 388 visitors to the system (link), and so far, from around a dozen people who messaged me, nobody mentioned missing a refueling service.

The second reason is that refueling still takes up 500 T, so forgoing that allows me to hold a bit more tritium, to help other carriers out with.
Wow, that's excellent, I didn't know there were carriers with Tritium for sale far out in the galaxy. Is there a list of which ones do? I guess they would show on Inara but that may not be the easiest way to plan a voyage.

Top Bottom