The FFED3D Thread

Alright, chaps. Imp Courier/Merlin AF fan here, anyone seen a fresh Merlin model with working "wings" or a particularly badass Impy?
Haven't really played Frontier since the Amiga, low poly count + imagination = the greatest, most evil ship design ever; the new models are a bit of a letdown, tbh.

Suppose I'd better contribute something while I'm here - here's a GlovePIE script I use with my ghetto-modded original xbox controller (uses XBCD drivers), right stick is independent thrusters. Works pretty well if you're a fighter pilot or like doing base runs.

// RIGHT JOYSTICK, LEFT IS STD JOYSTICK

if (-1.2 < Joystick.xrot < -0.5) {
key.NUMPAD7 = 1
}
if (-0.5 < joystick.xrot < -0.0) {
key.NUMPAD7 = 0
}

if (0.5 < joystick.xrot < 1.2) {
key.NUMPAD9 = 1
}

if (0.0 < joystick.xrot < 0.5) {
key.NUMPAD9 = 0
}

if (-1.2 < joystick.yrot < -0.5) {
key.NUMPAD1 = 1
}
if (-0.5 < joystick.yrot < -0.0) {
key.NUMPAD1 = 0
}

if (0.5 < joystick.yrot < 1.2) {
key.NUMPAD4 = 1
}

if (0.0 < joystick.yrot < 0.5) {
key.NUMPAD4 = 0

}

//dpad
keyboard.U = Joystick.POV1Up
keyboard.L = Joystick.POV1Right
keyboard.Tab = Joystick.POV1Left
F5 = Joystick.POV1Down

//Start/Select
Shift + key.F1 = Joystick.Button8 //Start
Esc = Joystick.Button7 //select

//Buttons A/B/X/Y
keyboard.Tab = Joystick.Button1
keyboard.Space = Joystick.Button2
keyboard.E = Joystick.Button3
keyboard.M = Joystick.Button4

//White & black
LeftBracket = Joystick.Button5
RightBracket = Joystick.Button6

//Trigs L&R
RightShift = Joystick.button11
Return = Joystick.button12

//Stick clicks L&R
F1 = Joystick.button9
F2 = Joystick.button10

I think it's fair to say the project has ended. After all, if Dreamzz was still working on the game, he would surely have mentioned the fact on the bulletin board.

hehe tried for months to get the proper stuff i needed to get ffed3d to run finnally found the graphics drivers i needed from microsoft, weird i have a brand new computer but had to download any graphics drivers i needed myself, its running fine now yeah!! one question what addon has the lifter in the background of space stations? seen it in youtube vids but only on youtube.. great game but sometimes it chrashes mabe i need to remove a mod or something still wery playable and great!

hi! i just downloaded this a little while ago, i had some troule too i had to delete all my tempfiles and clear out my browser history after downloading orelse i would get a unexpected end of file, file may be corrupt message, clearing all history and tempfiles helped. one question what mod has the lifter in the background of space stations? ive seen it in the youtube video of ffed3d but i cant seeem to get it in my mods when i activate them

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
hehe tried for months to get the proper stuff i needed to get ffed3d to run finnally found the graphics drivers i needed from microsoft, weird i have a brand new computer but had to download any graphics drivers i needed myself, its running fine now yeah!! one question what addon has the lifter in the background of space stations? seen it in youtube vids but only on youtube.. great game but sometimes it chrashes mabe i need to remove a mod or something still wery playable and great!

If I'm reading what you say correctly, I assume someone has made a Youtube video which just happens to have a lifter docked in the station/starport.

The thread posted here has links to the russian site which has loads of mods for ships including the lifter. It's worth a read through as theirs a lot of good info on where you can find all the mods and addons.

Hope it helps.

If I'm reading what you say correctly, I assume someone has made a Youtube video which just happens to have a lifter docked in the station/starport.

The thread posted here has links to the russian site which has loads of mods for ships including the lifter. It's worth a read through as theirs a lot of good info on where you can find all the mods and addons.

Hope it helps.
:smilie:

ill check it out, in the video a ship impereal trader i think docs when docked you can see a lifter in the station wiev where the doors should have been so it is used as a background, brings the game to life that. :)

There's been a little bit of activity over at Elite Games Russia, with regard to FFED3D.

Firstly, some new bits and bobs for the city buildings...

26-11-10a.jpg

Secondly, the Imperial Trader now has the correct number of engines ;)

26-11-10b.jpg

There are also rumours on the Russian-language parts of the forums that a new build is in the pipeline. Unfortunately, online translator programs fail to cope with Russian-English conversion very well, so I don't actually know what's gonna happen, or when :(

Sir.Tj

Volunteer Moderator
That City looks pretty damn good.

Glad that FFE3d Is still being worked on, they have done a incredible job to update the games graphics.

Last edited:
The pictures I've put up with the latest developments have also been posted at Elite Games Russia's forum.

I've tried about 20 times, with various user names and email addresses, but I cannot register there. :mad:

Maybe by posting here I can pass on the message that I, and others here, appreciate the continued work on FFED3D.

Hope there's more to come! :)

Sir.Tj

Volunteer Moderator
The pictures I've put up with the latest developments have also been posted at Elite Games Russia's forum.

I've tried about 20 times, with various user names and email addresses, but I cannot register there. :mad:

Maybe by posting here I can pass on the message that I, and others here, appreciate the continued work on FFED3D.

Hope there's more to come! :)

Having a look around I saw the guys at SpaceSim Central have got some info and links :)

Direct link to the English Speaking section of the Russian Site

Last edited:
JJFFE - BBS screens

I realised without the CD ROM I cannot get the videos. Is it possible to get the avatars from Frontier Elite 2? I love the old skool pixel graphics!

Back
Top Bottom