The game is not worth fixing

JUST TELL ME WHAT I THINK ALREADY

I am gorgeous.

There ya go!

Warm.... WARM!
Man, you are such a bottom ornament... That one is HOT!

Don't listen to him, you know I am always right 🥳

Ornament? I don't suggest you put ornaments on your head!

Just for your information: my basement is perfectly content thank you very much.

Lol! I realized after writing it, that "angry basement boys" sounds like a name for a terrible mashup cover band!

You may ask why, forumites, but to you I say - let's have more pointless opinionated arguments over daft crap. Bring it on you angry basement boys!

If you don't own and enjoy flying an Asp Scout, you are playing the game wrong. You might think you are enjoying it your way, but you actually aren't, and your standards of enjoyment are extremely low anyway. You just suck up whatever gets thrown at you cause you're all such simpletons. Hey, no offence of course, after all I already knew I was writing in a forum where everyone but me is a dimwit.

TL;DR, they just had to add a Clipper Scout to make game the bestest, instead we got footy shooty, I am disappoint.

Slams basement door

If you don't own and enjoy flying an Asp Scout, you are playing the game wrong. You might think you are enjoying it your way, but you actually aren't, and your standards of enjoyment are extremely low anyway. You just suck up whatever gets thrown at you cause you're all such simpletons. Hey, no offence of course, after all I already knew I was writing in a forum where everyone but me is a dimwit.

TL;DR, they just had to add a Clipper Scout to make game the bestest, instead we got footy shooty, I am disappoint.

Slams basement door

That's exactly what I was after, you giant opinionated Wally! ;)

My feelings aren't hurt

I'm just amused by an inherently contradictory argument.

"The game is not worth fixing" and your here to tell us how it can be fixed...

Mildly entertaining at best
You're hurt. The game they released is not worth fixing, the fixes are inconsequential to the longevity of the game. Horizons was good and needed improvements, we didn't need a COD add-on.

Wrong. Don't tell me what I do and don't enjoy. I've got 13,000 hours of gameplay in ED over many accounts. I've been playing videogames probably since before you were born. I also read extensively in many fantasy, thriller, crime and adventure genres as well as science (especially astronomy) and history for relaxation, and play TTRPGs like Traveller which the original Elite was heavily based on, which allow absolutely any player action in a detailed and varied universe of the far future. I also like other genres of game.

You can't know what I enjoy so don't project your prejudices onto me or try to "recruit" me into your non-playing minority on here. Go to forums for games you like, and leave us to play the games we like.
Wrong! Don't tell me how to post or not post on a forum, I've been on internet forums before you even knew the internet existed.
Also I owned an Odyssey, but tell me more about playing games before I was born?

Based on logic and statistics I can, in fact, have a really good chance of 'knowing' what you enjoy. 13000 hours is not an activity though (it's a job, or dopamine related) and you're definitely a minority in the world of gaming.
I'm sorry you were hurt by my post.

Slams basement door
Hey man, this is super funny!
I needed a good laugh today, thanks, Cheers.

It sickens that they threw VR players under the busses to pursue CoD kiddies with a crumby capture the flag deathmatch shooter. Space legs should have been awesome, espesh afta three years on it, had it been an RPG type of game like Star Citizen / GTA-V / CP2077 but what we've got.... at best team death match capture the flag? Nah! And playing it on virtual flatscreen - FUGGEDDABOUTIT!
this guy gets it.

As star and executive producer Patrick McGoohan said to Michael Dann, CBS supremo, when the latter outlined all the ways The Prisoner (classic television series) should be improved during its making... "that sounds like a fine television series, Mr Dann. You should make it. In the meantime, I will continue to make mine".
Hey, that's a neat quote! I actually work as a creative in film and tv for the last 20 years, I've had my share of producer notes that didn't make sense.
They will continue to make their game so don't worry, and who knows, maybe Michael Dann could have made Prisoner a much better wider reaching series that lasted more than one season.

Occasionally I think I'm in the same boat, but reality is FD have no choice but to fix it, and while that happens, I'll just track the plot points, sniff my faction now and then, but that's it.

I got into Valheim recently, which is quite early access and definitely can be grindy at times.... sailing is certainly an analog of supercruise if the wind is against you, except for the occasional sea serpent attack. The main difference for me though is that despite it's early access nature, it works. It's not like ED where I look at smuggling and go "is this update the one that fixes it? No? Oh well..."

Ashlands and Frozen north are incomplete biomes sure, but that's it, they're incomplete, not broken. And despite them being incomplete, it's not like they're permit-sealed or anything like that. They're open, and there's just nothing to do.

I certainly do wish FD would focus on fleshing out content with the mechanics they have, rather than building new mechanics. Plenty of games make plenty of money from content releases, if they want to bundle it as DLC or something. But they can't do anything like that while core mechanics remain completely broken. And that's what keeps me at 20ft atm.

Top Bottom