The Mining nerf was likely the worst implementation of a Balancing in Years...

Actual Opening Post by Me.
Actual quote by you:
I am not. And I said so several times.
I am simply not really Trusting this Statement.
And
Thing is. Why should I assume that after they have Showed me for 5 Years that they are not Reliable ?
Because right back at you. All your Arguments are Based on the assumption that FDEV is telling the Truth and Indeed will now Balance things.

And. No Offence intended. But I have 5 Years of Updates telling me they wont.
What do you have to Back up the Idea that they are holding their Word this time ?
And
And the Reason they Implemented the Mining Nerf was because they did the same as Always. They removed the Goldrush.
And
Have you Read a Word I said ?
They have been Balancing in SINGLE STEPS for 5 Years.
AND THIS UPDATE IS YET ANOTHER SINGLE STEP.

I have Literally Told you that this is what they have been doing for 5 Years.
They ONLY Address the Gold Rush.
No, they also addressed bounty hunting. And more changes are coming in the near future.

Or would you mind Pointing me to the Grand Bounty and Mission Balancing they have done in this Update now ?
I believe the thread is in the news section.

Just Answer me 2 Questions Mate.

Do you Really Claim that Frontier has not Attempted to Balance the Economy for the last 5 Years ?
What has Frontier Accomplished with this Update aside from Ending the Mining Gold Rush ?
I don't know, buffed combat?

I know you have trouble reading. You proved that in all your Posts so far constantly only claiming I complaint about the Mining Nerf.
But from the very Start. I made very Clear that I am Complaining about them not Right away also Implementing Fixes for the other Activities.
Funny, I never said that. I guess it's you having trouble reading?

That Complaint Remains Completely Unchallenged.
Because at the very Best. They have no added ONE Activity which is Solo Bounty Hunting. To the List of Updates.
Leaving the remaining Activities still completely out.
Ah, you are doing it again.

Well done. Couldn't keep it quiet.
Nerf hammer in 3....2....1.....
I wouldn't be surprised, these missions are clearly a side effect of the mining changes. One reason I've been rinsing them is that I half expect them to go away soon (and maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing if they did). OTOH, FD have gone on to combat changes now, so maybe not.

Well done. Couldn't keep it quiet.
Nerf hammer in 3....2....1.....

Sorry, but I got pushed one too many. I don’t think they’ll nerf it though. Pretty sure it’s an intended gold rush. They said they would come regularly.

Last edited:
Burden of Proof is on the one making the Claim.
Not on the one Challenging it.

Otherwise One can just keep making Claims and they cant be Challenged as the one Challenging is always busy providing more and more evidence.

You guys Claim that Bounty Hunting/Delivery Missions now provide bigger Income than Mining.
So you have to Prove it :)

Nop, Sunleader, bounty hunting DO NOT provide MORE than mining, I did the MAX amount of wing missions stacked ( in SOLO...), after 2 good hours, with lot of adrenaline, indeed, I got some 42 millions from missions AND some extra 12 millions + from the systems where I got the kills ( double payment :p ) ; but even so, with 56 millions / 2 hours, is 28 millions / hour; Probably less, if we extract the repairs costs and ammo;
Mining is, still, by far, more profitable; Hell, passengers runs in Robigo pays 4 x more !
To conclude, bounty hunting , even after this MAJOR buff, is still the last on the credit makers list....

I did it by recording how many credits I made and dividing by how many hours I played, shuttling between two systems.

A typical mission was the 35Mcr for 180 tons of palladium or gold and I was able to stack those in my Cutter.

There are side benefits. Would-be pirates drop G5 materials and rank up my SLF pilot.

Side benefits add no argument to your claim. Even if you stack not 2 not 3 but even 4 of those mission in your Cutter, simple math prove you exaggerated A LOT in your 300 mil / hour claim ! Add to that the simple fact you will NOT GET an infinite amount of such missions from that system, they are VERY limited and by no means some constant profit, like the mining.

Again, your claim is hyper inflate in my experience.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised, these missions are clearly a side effect of the mining changes. One reason I've been rinsing them is that I half expect them to go away soon (and maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing if they did). OTOH, FD have gone on to combat changes now, so maybe not.
I made 4 billion in 3 days. Now have enough for a carrier so I'm not complaining.

Nop, Sunleader, bounty hunting DO NOT provide MORE than mining, I did the MAX amount of wing missions stacked ( in SOLO...)

Side benefits add no argument to your claim. Even if you stack not 2 not 3 but even 4 of those mission in your Cutter, simple math prove you exaggerated A LOT in your 300 mil / hour claim ! Add to that the simple fact you will NOT GET an infinite amount of such missions from that system, they are VERY limited and by no means some constant profit, like the mining.

OK :)

Nop, Sunleader, bounty hunting DO NOT provide MORE than mining, I did the MAX amount of wing missions stacked ( in SOLO...)

Guess again. I made over 400 million in one hour.
4 runs, over 100 million per run.
Including interdictions.

I have 2 words....
Git Gud.

They say the trade changes are working as expected. :)

And with 200M+/hour targeted for trade and bounties ... I'm not completely convinced they didn't mean it.

That, or because no-one believes it works, no-one's trying it, and therefore it's not noticeably showing up on Frontier's telemetry.

In which case ... no, nothing to see here. Painite mining is still the earnings meta, move along folks.

And with 200M+/hour targeted for trade and bounties ... I'm not completely convinced they didn't mean it.

That, or because no-one believes it works, no-one's trying it, and therefore it's not noticeably showing up on Frontier's telemetry.

In which case ... no, nothing to see here. Painite mining is still the earnings meta, move along folks.
Don't know, I jumped from 3.4 billion on Saturday to nearly 7.5 billion last night.

Would you Mind giving us a Detailed Series of Screenshots of this ?
Because its not my Job. :)

I would mind. I have enough free time to play a game, not enough to create a video. You may believe or not, I don't particularly care. Especially as you have backed with evidence exactly zero of your claims.

Enjoy space poverty.

/edit

Forgot to mention while my combat rank hasn't changed in the past month, I'm going from Deadly to Elite.

Last edited:
I

As far as I know plenty are doing it, and I am sure FD is aware of it. The profit is very comparable with mining and now stacked massacre missions in wings.

I

As far as I know plenty are doing it, and I am sure FD is aware of it. The profit is very comparable with mining and now stacked massacre missions in wings.
In that case I can relax and just do a mission now and then when I want to buy tritium, rather than grabbing them while they're hot.

:D
I'm not sure either way and don't really care (I'm pleased they're changing things) but please remind me who started the thread stating the rebalance was the worst ever. Before they'd even finished it I might add.

Me. And I am standing to it.
I still dont see much effect beyond Painite Mining being Nerfed and Core Mining being disabled thanks to PWS Bug.

The one about delivery missions might have been me. I have done a lot of "research" the past week and found that I average 300Mcr/hour. I have no idea whether mining beats this now.

But no, I don't have to prove it with screenshots. Everyone is free to disbelieve me and if they do it won't affect my gameplay at all.

Then I wont.
But someone else Posted something I can work with.

You say “Required material is either 3-5 tours....” ...... But we talk about DELIVERY missions. It has already been explained to you.

I just made this video so you can see for yourself:

Source: https://youtu.be/Ar49_Twtsmc

And I can do this over and over untill I get bored. I only very rarely don’t get my Cutter full with good missions.

You need an Extraction system in Boom state to do this, and they aren’t rare. It’s also best if the particular station has Extraction economy. And of course you need to be in good standing with the factions to get good missions, but when you are an experienced player you’ll have many systems to choose from with all kinds of economies and so on, like I do. You’ll also want stations with large landing pads (pick up + destination ) off course to be most efficient.

And you can’t check for good missions on the mission board, if you are not in good standing with the factions. I am sure you know that. They won’t show up under ‘Requirements not met”. Only one or two every then and now will.

I was only lucky with one thing here. All but one missions in the first part of the video went to Stargazer station. I’ll usually have to deliver to 3 or 4 stations when the Cutter is full.

Thats not 300m per Hour. But still far Better than anything else the othefs could show.
Thanks for actually providing something I can work with.
Will definitely try that out :)

If nothing else this does look like it might challenge Core Mining without PWS Bug.

Actual quote by you:

And

And

And

No, they also addressed bounty hunting. And more changes are coming in the near future.

I believe the thread is in the news section.

I don't know, buffed combat?

Funny, I never said that. I guess it's you having trouble reading?

Ah, you are doing it again.

None of your Quotes really says what you claim actually.
I said they only Balance in Single Steps.
Now we got 1 Mining Nerf and some week later 1 Bounty Buff.
Thats 1 Step each if I see it right ?????

I would mind. I have enough free time to play a game, not enough to create a video. You may believe or not, I don't particularly care. Especially as you have backed with evidence exactly zero of your claims.

Enjoy space poverty.

/edit

Forgot to mention while my combat rank hasn't changed in the past month, I'm going from Deadly to Elite.

Then I choose not to believe.
Simple as that.

None of your Quotes really says what you claim actually.
I said they only Balance in Single Steps.
Now we got 1 Mining Nerf and some week later 1 Bounty Buff.
Thats 1 Step each if I see it right ?????
I told you that's what they want to do and you said you don't believe it. 🤷‍♂️

@Sunleader
I never said 300 mill./hour, and I didn’t say that metal delivery missions could earn you more than mining. I did say that it was a viable alternative to mining - and that it is. And I enjoy it for now.

You really have trust issues with people. I know it’s healthy to be careful and certainly not trust everything people say or write - but to believe that people are outright lying to your face in general unless they can prove that they aren’t is taking it too far IMO. And it’s pretty insulting too, but that I can live with.

I didn’t make the video so you had something to ”work with”, as you put it. I did it because you basically accused me of lying.

I honestly hope that you‘ll have a bit of fun with metal delivery missions now, but I don’t care what your conclusion might be later on. I am taking this thread off my watch-list cause I have already spent more time here than I like.

Last edited:
@Sunleader
I never said 300 mill./hour, and I didn’t say that metal delivery missions could earn you more than mining. I did say that it was a viable alternative to mining - and that it is. And I enjoy it for now.

You really have trust issues with people. I know it’s healthy to be careful and certainly not trust everything people say or write - but to believe that people are outright lying to your face in general unless they can prove that they aren’t is taking it too far IMO. And it’s pretty insulting too, but that I can live with.

I didn’t make the video so you had something to ”work with”, as you put it. I did it because you basically accused me of lying.

I honestly hope that you‘ll have a bit of fun with metal delivery missions now, but I don’t care what your conclusion might be later on. I am taking this thread off my watch-list cause I have already spent more time here than I like.

Mate.... A whole Bunch of People in this Topic alone lied right in my Face lol.

But thats fine.
I thank you for the Video either ways.
Because its the first time someone bothered actually providing some backing to his Claims.

As I said. I do think this counts as a Viable alternative to Mining. At least after the Nerf.
That alone is more than any of the others has provided so far.

And me going to try that isnt to make Conclusions. Your Video is providing a good enough Picture that I dont need to bother testing for that.
I will test that to see if its something I can tell my Newbe Friends to do for fast Money.
Without needing to teach them how to mine Properly.

Just expressing my Acknowledgement on your work towards that. Nothing more nothing less.

Mate.... A whole Bunch of People in this Topic alone lied right in my Face lol.

But thats fine.
I thank you for the Video either ways.
Because its the first time someone bothered actually providing some backing to his Claims.

As I said. I do think this counts as a Viable alternative to Mining. At least after the Nerf.
That alone is more than any of the others has provided so far.

And me going to try that isnt to make Conclusions. Your Video is providing a good enough Picture that I dont need to bother testing for that.
I will test that to see if its something I can tell my Newbe Friends to do for fast Money.
Without needing to teach them how to mine Properly.

Just expressing my Acknowledgement on your work towards that. Nothing more nothing less.

Thank you. I appreciate your clarification and explanation.

Top Bottom