The new SCO Drive and it's jump range...

Where are ppl seeing a 5A SCO in the Python 2? The streamers I've seen show it with a 5C 🤔
i saw it yesterday on BroSab streaming, it is in the pre-build "Stellar" bundle of Phyton Mk2 for 33 kARX, not present in the early-access bundle 16250 ARX, that is all E rated.

1714659856596.png

1714660100958.png

Anyone who's played this game for over a month should be able to acquire the materials to re-Engineer an FSD in under an hour, if they don't have them in storage already. The "re-grind" is nonexistent.
For one ship, sure I agree. But if someone wants to redo their entire fleet of ships, say 30-40 ships, that might be a chore. And whomever those people are, they are definitely more ocd than me. I would want to, but nah, not worth the time to me. I would do it slowly as I see fit for each ships intended purpose.

I guess it is the perception that every drive has to be G5 engineered, for every ship, to make the most of a marginal increase in jump range.

My ships are too heavy to get maximum jump, but most don't break when I use speed reduction lithobraking on high-G bodies...

I G5 as much of the stuff I use as I can and what I said is assuming G5 engineering. If people are efficient with their time then G5 Engineering FSDs is very fast. Engineering up to G3 or something should be flipping through a menu for about 2 minutes is all.

In the pre-built Python that has been made available early to content creators (on a test server?) the ship comes with an A rated SCO FSD.

Either:
a) that's a mistake and will be rectified when the Python Mk II appears in the live game next week
b) the ship will come with an A rated SCO FSD but that module will also be available in outfitting for all
c) the crap is going to hit the fan with a ferocity that will make the last couple of weeks seem like a kiss on the cheek
From what I heard on Cmdr Burr's video, the pre-built ships are going to have exclusive modules. They won't be available for purchase in-game, and they wont be usable on anything except the ship they were purchased with. In the case of the Python MK2, it's an A-rated SCO FSD. It makes sense on that ship, because it's designed to work much better with SCO (less heat, lower fuel usage, more stable).

If anyone has evidence there will be additional SCO FSD's (besides C-rated) available in-game, I'd like to see it. Otherwise, there's no reason to be concerned about jump range on the new FSD's. It's not going to win any awards unless it's the "stellar" bundle Python MK2.

That's actually not true, since you can't buy an Engineered SCO, can you? If you want an Engineered SCO on a Cobra, you're going to need to go and Engineer it, but Engineering 1 FSD shouldn't even be a blip in an experienced player's decision making.
Haha. Just you wait a bit and see what's possible. ;)

Nah, jokes aside, I can't help but pull folks' chains a bit whenever I hear that "the grind is only in the mind" argument. It so hilariously fits the P2W approach now, it is almost ridiculous. Don't mind me.

I G5 as much of the stuff I use as I can and what I said is assuming G5 engineering.
Me too, and I understood - I was thinking aobut the 'new' FSDs
If anyone has evidence there will be additional SCO FSD's (besides C-rated) available in-game, I'd like to see it.
Ricardo did a long section on his stream last night showing off the "all size / class" SCOFSD and saying, "coming soon" - we just don't know weh, yet.

From what I heard on Cmdr Burr's video, the pre-built ships are going to have exclusive modules. They won't be available for purchase in-game, and they wont be usable on anything except the ship they were purchased with. In the case of the Python MK2, it's an A-rated SCO FSD. It makes sense on that ship, because it's designed to work much better with SCO (less heat, lower fuel usage, more stable).
seems that some partners are having a little different... output about the incoming content. or at least people who were watching them. ive watched a partner stream py2 preview as well.
afaik
prebuilt ships have modules that cant be stored/swapped to other ships. you want to take a module off the prebuilt ship, you will have to sell it for 0cr.
those modules however (so far seems like) arent exclusive to the prebuilt ship. in other words you can get the modules for your other ships from the market like any other module.

From what I heard on Cmdr Burr's video, the pre-built ships are going to have exclusive modules. They won't be available for purchase in-game, and they wont be usable on anything except the ship they were purchased with.
I didn't hear that and will have to listen again. The pre-builds do have some engineered modules and also things like Guardian FSD boosters (as you say, locked so you can't store, sell for money, or move them to another ship) but exclusive as in can't get any other way than with ARX? No, I definitely haven't heard that and I think people would be shouting extremely loudly if that were the case because that really is Pay To Win.

Last edited:
Nah, jokes aside, I can't help but pull folks' chains a bit whenever I hear that "the grind is only in the mind" argument. It so hilariously fits the P2W approach now, it is almost ridiculous. Don't mind me.
It does fit the P2W argument - almost - but I'm odd and would encourage the option being given, particularly as there is regular 'discussion' about how disadvantaged a new player is in comparison to veteran players, being able to pay-to-skip (there isn't really any win until "unicorn modules" get sold) for some might be very welcome.

I don't understand complaints of a new FSD being all around better than the old ones. Do we not want that?

Did people complain when the Cutter superseded the Type 9 as a trade ship, and the Anaconda as a mining ship? Or the Corvette superseding everything else as a PvE ship? Anyone who's played this game for over a month should be able to acquire the materials to re-Engineer an FSD in under an hour, if they don't have them in storage already. The "re-grind" is nonexistent.
Probably they did and still do.

I didn't hear that and will have to listen again. They do have some engineered modules and also things like Guardian FSD boosters (as you say, locked so you can't store, sell for money, or move to aother ship) but exclusive as in can't get any other way than with ARX? No, I definitely haven't heard that and I think people would be shouting extremely loudly if that were the case because that really is Pay To Win.
It's the 5A FSD (SCO) on the Python Mk.II Stellar jumpstart. These clearly aren't currently in the game, but the fact they exist in the sandbox environment indicates that they could be added, in some way, for credits. Optimists will say that'll be alongside the jumpstart launch next week, pessimists will say only for ARX through the jumpstart package. I'm really hoping for the former, otherwise that'll cross the line from acceptable to unacceptable monetisation for me.

seems that some partners are having a little different... output about the incoming content. or at least people who were watching them. ive watched a partner stream py2 preview as well.
afaik
prebuilt ships have modules that cant be stored/swapped to other ships. you want to take a module off the prebuilt ship, you will have to sell it for 0cr.
those modules however (so far seems like) arent exclusive to the prebuilt ship. in other words you can get the modules for your other ships from the market like any other module.
confirm, the question was asked, they assured modules bought in pre-build cannot be swapped or stored, is intended to avoid P2W and buy prebuild for the modules/weapons.
They have 0 cr value and engineering is allowed, but are tied to the ship you bought.

evaluating these statements, i think A graded SCO will be available for all players in future, not only through pre-build acquisition.

about SCO engineering, streamers "voices" hint next week as date for SCO engineering unlock.

It does fit the P2W argument - almost - but I'm odd and would encourage the option being given, particularly as there is regular 'discussion' about how disadvantaged a new player is in comparison to veteran players, being able to pay-to-skip (there isn't really any win until "unicorn modules" get sold) for some might be very welcome.
More money for FDev means more life-time for Elite, so yay to everything! I wouldn't even mind them admitting that they committed to the dark side and offering unicorn modules and murderboats for cash. It's just this "oh no, it is no pay2win, it is a convenience for the customers, it is a time-saver" crap I find kind of funny. In the end they will continue on the road they started with ARX, anyway. And people will still defend it right up to SC levels. My guess is that our resident pest control officer will be among them ;) .

Top Bottom