Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

Read through that article. Seems to be a quite different experience compared to both Elite and SC, however I find it very interesting (if they can live up to it). Hopefully they'll release it on PC too. :)

In fact, it is Minecraft in space. They don't promise anything than exploring and crafting, it won't be MMO as reported earlier, but some kind of weird PU.

In fact, it is Minecraft in space. They don't promise anything than exploring and crafting, it won't be MMO as reported earlier, but some kind of weird PU.

Well, in the article they described it like a mix of Minecraft, Journey, DayZ, Dark Souls and Spore with a bit of rouge like elements thrown in. Basically you'll start of at the edge of the galaxy and work yourself in towards the center while discovering new worlds and resources while fighting of pirates and other creatures. In my ears a rather interesting concept (if they can pull it off), but as I said something quite different from ED or SC.

I do like the fact that you might find yourself stranded on a planet because your ship and all your assets have been blown out of the sky and you have to find resources to be able to get off that rock again. :) Basically, you'll have to live with the consequences of your actions just like in MineCraft.

Oh. My. God.

Looks totally stunning.

Art direction and over-all visual style is fabulous and if (a very big IF) the procedural generation of the flora, fauna and systems generally lives up to its potential - together creating fun and involving gameplay - then I think we've got an absolute classic on our hands.

Lovely stuff - bravo NMS!

Not sure where you're getting that info.
I asked the guy who interviewed the devs for Rockpapershotgun, and he said that the current build is on PC (https://twitter.com/gonnas/status/410147951861051392)...

Awesome :) And not an MMO as such, more a singleplayer game in which you connect to the internet and game server and have other people playing the game also influence your own, but not in a PvP way....or something.

Reminds me a little of the SP online aspect of Elite: Dangerous, just more vague and 'Indie' ;)

Indeed, not an MMO as we're used to it. Sounds like something a lot more similar to how Dark Souls seems to work, I guess?

I was very skeptical of this game when I first heard of it. Now... Now I'm keeping a very big eye on this. (Maybe this thread is up for stickying, eh?)

I do wish the game ends up delivering what it seems to promise, though. For a 4-person team... might be a *very* big task, all in all. I ally hope it doesn't end up as another Rebirth.

Aye, that interview actually made me more worried about the game. The dev himself seems to almost not know what the gameplay goals are going to be, and there's so much non-definite and maybe-possibly style speech, very ephemeral and nonspecific, that I wonder how much the game actually has (planned/developed) and how much is coming up with stuff on the fly...

If it wasn't for the gameplay video I might agree, but it's clear they've gotten far on their loose and open goals. I guess they have a bit of freeform design to the game, and they're feeling it out a bit as they go. Which *can* work when you have a small team that's working hard. Minecraft was very similar, for instance.

I also completely agree with him on the fact that most modern games just feel like a camera on rails and your playing someone elses game, not your own. As the movie industry has influenced the design of the games industry i find i have been spending much less money on these 'games'.

So in all i actually really liked many parts of the interview, geeky, a bit coy (i guess they want to keep some stuff underwraps), but all heart and soul (and maths). I'm looking forward very much to this game, it MAY be the new 'Elite' i've always wanted! (Shock!). We shall see, many have tried, all have failed (so far).

Really not keen on the online aspect, that might be the kicker for me.

I don't Tw*t (i believe that is the term!), but it seems the latest info from the devs is that they have been completely flooded out, as in water pouring through the windows!

Not sure what that means for the games development etc?

I don't Tw*t (i believe that is the term!), but it seems the latest info from the devs is that they have been completely flooded out, as in water pouring through the windows!

Not sure what that means for the games development etc?

If they are based somewhere in South England than you can read their writing quite literally because of the recent events.

Top Bottom